Monday, March 12, 2012

Fresh Press/Re-blog/Spread the Words

Gypsy and Patches
lookin at me for answers
...
Jeepers waking up
to ask me 'what is the question'
and
here I sit
wondering about this thing
known
as
Fresh Pressed!
Where is
Ellen D
to weigh in on this with me?
She could also give her imput on current
quips, thoughts, humor
“Our attention span is shot. We've all got Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD or OCD or one of these disorders with three letters because we don't have the time or patience to pronounce the entire disorder. That should be a disorder right there, TBD - Too Busy Disorder.”
Ellen DeGeneres
the 2 of us could create more disorders,
make jokes about mothers,
dance,
fall in the chair,
and evaluate the real merits
of freshly pressed thoughts
and
re-blogged
liked
and
such as that
while doing a wicked cool
"stroll"...
Well
until Ellen shows up,
I have to rely on the 4 leggeds here,
and so far as we can tell
Fresh pressed is not a coffee,
not an iron
nor has anything to do with clothing!
Hmmmm,
yet it is all the desire for those who blog
on
WORDPRESS
and
I have yet to figure it out completely!
Now it would seem
that
things like
Fresh pressed allows more and more folks to read your blogs, to like them, to comment on them, and I would suppose to not like them at all.
Yet it appears that many many who write blogs
hope against hope they will be
"fresh pressed"
...
Like a fresh pair of jeans or set of sheets I'm thinkin!
Ah, the world of the internet in all its complexities.
And
now I hear and see on my
blog
the word
"re-blog"
and I'm wondering
what am I suppose to do with that little button there?
Well before I knew it
my thoughts had been
"Re-Blogged"
by a delightful woman who writes wonderfully.
Seems she liked my words so much
and
she too has that magic little button
and
she went and clicked it,
which took my very blog
to her very blog
allowing my
very words and pictures to be viewed by
ALL OF HER FOLLOWERS!!!
How wicked cool was that of her?
Well I had to enlist little Gypsy in the consult of all this thinking and news... and she brought along her trusted monkey to hear all about the idea of presssing fresh, blogging and reblogging and came up with the idea that it is grand indeed.
So,
I tried it myself,
I hit that little button for
"re-blog"
on a post I read,
bringing it to my very own page,
and
adding a few comments that I felt it an inspiring read,
a bit fancy and oh so easy!
Oh the person was so glad to be thought so highly of that I would "re-blog"
and
place it on my page for folks to read!
I was touched by her words,
I wanted to share them with as many as I could,
the message strong,
HOPE was conveyed.
It was a good thing!
What a world,
we can share the thoughts of others,
just like that.
I am so impressed I just don't know what to think.
Thankfully I have my three cohorts in crime
you have seen above to assist me in figuring these difficult things out in my mind.
This blog/thoughts page
can be daunting at times!
what began as a way to just
throw out a line
and
a connection
is growing into a web that extends now across the world and I know you are reading me from places I could not have imagined!
THANK YOU!!!
For those who haven't seen the
new and improved blog,
here is the link.
The place for comments is a little tab at the top right and says
"comment"
click it and it will take you right to a box to write your heart out!

Isn't that just grand?
I"ve been told that
Wordpress is read so much more
than my initial blogger site
and
the folks are sure liking the format
it appears.
So for now I am maintaining both
and
will continue that.
I get that change is difficult
as
we have just cut off the top of the blanket and sewn it to the bottom
so that we will now think we have a longer blanket
*daylight savings time*
haha
folks are trying to re-set their clock
as I sit here and try to wrap my mind
around "internet ease"...
BUT
what i dont yet understand,
is why some folks don't like the
"re-blog" idea... somehow they feel that their words would be taken from them
or used without their permission
as if something bad would happen.
I think it such a high honor that someone would think my thoughts worthy of sharing
that
I am honored rather than angry
that someone would take that second to hit
the button
and then mindfully make a couple fo comments;
"wow this was a great read, just wanted to share it with you".
Maybe it's me,
but once again
I'm reminded we've become a bit too sensitive,
perhaps a bit too stoic in fear
that others are trying to take from us
rather
than share us with others.
I fully respect copyrights
and
fight fiercely to protect my own work
when out and about.
But,
oh how i love to think
someone thinks
these daily thoughts and musings of mine
are worthy of sharing at times,
and
that they will say
"check out keepin it real with Dr Sherry"
or
"thanks for the read"
it just tickles me to life.
So as I prepare for
making more videos
and conjure up topics to talk about with you over coffee or dinner,
I'm getting
MOM/COB/DOT
sending me emails
letting me know
how to tilt my hat, which side to wear it on,
what colors to wear that are brighter, to change coffee colors and sizes
and
all manner of great ideas!
heehe
Wonder if she noticed what was written on the dark blue coffee cup
I can be seen with on those
YOU tubes?
LOL
gotta love it!

I've heard that folks are loving the
fun shots from buildings
and
such as that,
oh the feedback it's beginning to come in!
“Find out who you are and figure out what you believe in. Even if it's different from what your neighbors believe in and different from what your parents believe in. Stay true to yourself. Have your own opinion. Don't worry about what people say about you or think about you. Let the naysayers nay. They will eventually grow tired of naying.”    ~ Ellen Degeneres ~
So
let me know
if you'd like to see any special feats,
like moon walking,
standing on my head,
re-blogging,
talking in rhyme,
sharing a coke vs. a coffee,
(I don't drink tea unless sick)
or
if you wanna hear me sing
(I don't do opera unless gargling)
or
If you understand this
"Fresh Press"
that doesn't involve a dry cleaner
or
an iron
and
the wonderment of
re-blogging
and
sharing great words and posts of others
so that the word gets spread further
its message sent
on the wonderful
word of eyes/mouth/spirit
to as many as desire to have it.
I'll be around,
if not out of town
and
I'll be open to hear
all you have to say.
So then,
how's that for some thought
to start your week for this day?

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing,
do it the best way you know how...
Be who you are
STAND FOR YOU
and
what is right
even
if it means
p*ssing someone off,
at least you know
YOU STAND WITH HONOR
and
your beliefs.
Keep the faith dear hearts!

Walk in Beauty,
DRSES






7 comments:

fluff said...

Well, Good Morning Dr. Sherry and friends. Great words today and whatever all those words mean - Fresh Presss and Reblog I am glad someone else figures them out besides me. I love the four leggeds pictures and they are good councils as my 3 furry friends are also LOL. I love the You Tube videos - I much better like the spoken words but one thing I was not especially liking was how it looked like you were speaking on a screen to an audience - I couldn't get your screen big enough. I always maximize the video to fit my computer screen rather than the minimized video. Surely couldn't be these old eyes acting up but I always enlarge everything on the screen except those I couldn't. It was still good to hear your voice and words though. I love that you put Wonderful World by Louis on today. That is one of my all time favorite feel good songs.
So, got to get busy here and quit babbling. Missed my friend Irene this morning - Hope she is having a grand morning. Wishing each of you a very Happy and Peaceful Monday - First work day of the week. Hope it is a good one for you. Enjoy your Blessing for your day. /Sandy♥

Irene M said...

Woke up to 3 (count them!) three, four-leggeds' pictures. Cracked me right up, thanks Dr. SES.
They are cute, fluffy and expressive. Happy Monday on the page, ever-changing, click here, do this, comment multiple times.
It's all good.....
Had a great day with my cousins yesterday, just south of me. Summer temps, blue sky, sunset over the SKYWAY, music blasting in the car, my voice singing every word. Don't miss the 1 hr, do YOU?
Starting my week easy and will end up celebrating the Irish traditions
Be well, be good, be FIRM

Anonymous said...

Puppies, puppies and puppies! Gotta love um! I am also enjoying the videos AND I too am trying to figure out the links, the buttons etc. Better wish myself some special luck on that one... Good blog to begin this week with. Light hearted and fun. Be well doc, enjoy the sunshine!

DrSES said...

Great start to the week hearing from FLUFF first then FIRM and our anonymous... yes I admit the buttons, links clinck clicks and such are just sooooo hard and tiresome, I cant fathom how we have the time or energy to engage!
LOL
BUT we do, and keepin it real here for ya, lovin that you figure it out with me, to leave your hellos your thoughts, and your energy throughout the days and nights keeps me goin!

sorry u didnt like that screen with my audience there, and all that stuff FLUFF, will see what we can do, maybe bring it in HD in the future with all the changes in the cyber world, or just bring me to DETROIT and I'll talk close and personal... haha
Glad FIRM had a grand Sunday, the light is coming, and the sun and warmth are sure to delight us all.
Be well friends, and gentle warriors you all are!
I tip my hat to you!!!

fluff said...

Dr. Sherry - Yes, I agree with you -just get you here to Detroit and in person. I know that someday you will say your are on your way here..

I just like seeing you sitting at your home computer talking, and keeping it real, and seeing the background that looks like the breeze is blowing outside your window is very relaxing.

Irene M said...

...... see, and I loved the big screen / audience you tube !
It was so different, set the mood in a different light. I also like the back of your computer chair, looked like a palm tree ?
Nuff said ! bye, Irene

DrSES said...

Just keep those thoughts, comments and wonderful connections flowing dear warriors of gentle and feisty spirits!