Thursday, August 18, 2011

Have you noticed?

Look at Those Wings
of
the
Awesome Eagle

Have you noticed?
The light is changing and it's getting darker earlier friends.
Oh my yep,
fall is just around the corner it is!

You can see it
in the light of these days, and sure can notice
as the darkness comes on a bit earlier each evening.

It is hard to imagine, that already schools are preparing for students to return;
here in Tarpon Springs
after cuts into budgets that make me wonder how
they will educate or keep lights on
the kids will be returning soon as well.
Here in Tarpon Springs High School
(not so big a school)
11 teachers were cut, 
another 17 positions eliminated,
bringing the total of 
24 teachers in two years
to a small town
and
high school here ...
And we expect to educate the future 
exactly how?
Meantime the 
speaker of the house is making over
250K plus health care benefits for life
I think it is.

And I wonder,
whose house is he speaking for?
Certainly not mine.

Perhaps the Eagle
would speak more clearly
and
educate our youth
and
speak more clearly for me and mine,
with straight eyes and clean talons/hands
while protecting and serving all.

As we are fast approaching
the
10 year anniversary of 9/11
I have just read that
there are
NO FIRST RESPONDERS INVITED TO THE EVENT

and 
I wonder

HOW CAN THIS BE...

and
there are folks who continue to ridicule, judge, condemn, and otherwise disrespect
the leader of our country

and 
I can't help but wonder

how does this help us as a country stand
UNITED as the greatest country in the world,
how does this teach our children
to be respectful to their Elders, to their educators,
to their family

and 
I cannot help but wonder
when 
will we get it truly understand.

We do NOT have to like whoever it is 
sitting in that white house,
but
we 
DO NEED TO RESPECT THE FACT
THAT FOR THE MOMENT
THEY ARE THE PERSON 
WHO IS THE LEADER OF OUR COUNTRY
AND
WE AS A NATION NEED TO STAND
ARM IN ARM
UNITED
IN ORDER TO SHOW THE WORLD
WE ARE THE USA
WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE
WE
STAND
and
our 
COLORS DO NOT RUN
We teach our children respect
through our behaviors and actions
in our country, our community and our homes.

I have to tell you,
heaven help us
if we have to listen to the likes of
Michelle Bachmann all through the season 
as she
likened John Wayne's birthplace to the actual state of a serial killer John Wayne Cody
and 
"Happy Birthday Elvis"
recently when it was NOT his birthday nor was he in her audience.
I think Palin just lost her status, and now has a replacement for "OH NOOO did you hear what she just said"....

Yep, it's goin to be a long few months on the political trails of "ugly in action",
so you might want to order your copies of
Healing Heartaches,
They Called Me Invisible
and
any good movies out there
or 
just get out and have a great time
watching the light change.

BUT
make no mistake,
in that 
White House
in D.C.
is not easy place to be, no matter your party line, no matter your bed or room you sleep.
No Matter who says they love you today in that political room, I wouldn't trust em in a dark room as far as I could throw them,
but
we as a Nation,
need to stop this madness of 
slamming our President
and
now stand as 
AMERICANS
together
and together for and with those wearing Uniforms
in great gratitude
as
we remember
><

Like Warren Buffet recently said, and said so well,
"It's past time to coddle the billionaires, let's start those cuts on the deficit there".
I have always loved and admired 
Warren Buffet,
and would just love an opportunity to sit and have a cup of coffee or something stronger
and
listen to him talk awhile...
I bet I would learn a lot from that man.

Thankyou
FIRST RESPONDERS OF 9/11
I think of you everyday
and



WE WILL NEVER FORGET 9/11

The fire is burning
its embers are hot
The sage is lit,
thoughts surrounding EE in Colorado, Shannon in WI, Rod in MI, and all who are walking the path today

Walk In Beauty
DRSES

oh Oprah? My people are trying to reach your people, to have YOU call or better yet to
pick UP
Healing Heartaches!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mornin Doc,
You ar indeed "keepin it real" here. Michelle Bockman is indeed one scary idiot. The shame is, there are lots and lots of other idiots who actually believe she has what it takes to be Pres of these United States. Talk about the lowest common denominator! Hoping everyone has a great day, enjoys the sunshine and finds some small pleasures today. Make a special memory for someone today. Call up someone you miss and tell them how important they are to you. Drop a note to someone you love. Thank someone in your life. Start a positive chain of goodwill today. Small efforts on our part can really "make someone's day". I will start with a special thanks to you Doc for sharing and caring and being all that you are to each of us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dr. Sherry for your words today - Bless you. I loved the eagle and what she stands for. If our children could just learn from the mighty eagle they would Indeed have the grandest knowledge for life. The state of the country is quite alarming in many ways - those who are running for office and still so many continue to lose their jobs. How are our children going to continue to learn when so many teachers are let go and the classrooms are overflowing. If things don't begin to improve where will those children even find jobs when their schooling is over.
I did notice this week that it is dark once again when I leave for work at 5:30a.m. and fall will be here soon. Summer sure didn't last long this year. I read that yesterday about the First Responders and I thought of you and so many who were there then and it made me sad. Hmm doesn't seem right to me. Surely been holding Rod, his Sis Shannon and the rest of his family in my prayers. Also praying for EE that things are looking up. Thinking about COB, Sandy and Stewart and Baby Nicholas this morning and wishing them all a fantastic day.
Sending love and good wishes for a super day for each of you here - be strong and well and remember to share your smile and laughter today. Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

Hello out there and everywhere. I am blessed today with many things, the number 1 is I just had lunch with 3 great looking teenagers, seniors you know. We laughed and they laughed at me. Whats so funny when I went in Chic Filet little resturant and thought I would be smart and find out what I wanted to eat before they got there. I ask the cashier, what is in those wraps, they look good, he just looked at me, I said what kind of meat is in them, he turned red and said chicken. I got it, they just sell chicken. They are chicken wraps. I told the boys and they liked to have fallen out of the booth with laughter. It was a fun time they were going shopping for school. Politics has gotten out of hand, I too, fell out when they sang Happy Birthday for Elvis, I didnt know there was a person alive who didnt know Elvis birthday is in Jan.. He and I were very close. So sad, First Responders not invited, sad case in this world of ours. Makes you wonder who in their right mind would ignore all of the responders. Loved the Eagle and I dont want to think about the cold weather coming in. God Bless USA. Blessings to all and thank you DR>SES