Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to Kamryn Little #2 Godson

Kamryn Elijah Edwards
(I named him)
LIttle "Puddy Pal"
Godson #2
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
9 year old
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." Dr. Seuss

August 24,2010
Kamryn's birthday...
Happy Birthday to my little Buddy Pal,
FOCUS KAMRYN, KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL
"One day you are goin Pro" Baby
and I'll be there, yellin'
"That's What I'm Talkin About Baby"
FOCUS!
Kam is averaging 13 points per game of basketball these days; playing fierce on the football team there in Radford as well ~
The Next Michael Jordon
"his hero"
How he waits for a little 1:1 with Michael!
Can't tell you how many times we've watched
Space Jam! Can you say, "more than 100"
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAM

Quite a kid he is, following in brothers footsteps; that is why I constantly remind Buddy Pal #1 to set the example in gold... since he is Kamryn's hero...
along with Michael Jordan that is!






just yesterday it was our friend, Sandy's birthday, DLB baked her a famous "death by chocolate" home made cake... {{{off the hook delicious}}}
but did she share? That would be a big ole, NOOOO!
Andrea (*our frequent and much loved reader here also had a birthday yesterday)
 DLB wanted to make her a cake, until remembering she is a diabetic...
Andrea, consider yourself the recipient of a cake via thought on the wind,
 dear Andrea and hope you had an a beautiful birthday!

 August started out with Buddy Pal #1 having his sweet 16th birthday and
receiving the gift of his wildest dreams: an IMAC from his Buddy Pal and DLB... and dinner at his favorite restaurant with the family, ending with being serenaded by his Aunt Dot as he opened his surprise gift from FL...
 {{{tears were captured on camera of he and his wildest most wanted gift IMAC}}}
Awww,
as Kamryn could be heard in the background popping the bubble wrap; he does love bubble wrap...
popp POPPP, POP goes the nerves of everyone, as he howls like a hyena in the background with peels of laughter!
Guess what Kamryn is getting for his birthday???
Yep, sure I'm missing someone as August seems full of birthdays ~

BUT
Today is Kamryn's birthday... {sigh}
seems like yesterday I was running literally through National Airport trying to catch my flight... with cell phone to my ear talking to cuz Angie... in labor!
Her doc had already decided she was crazy... she had informed him that "NO I can't have this baby until Sherry gets here from DC and she is taking a plane soon, we have to WAIT"... He had already left the room more than once shaking his head, wondering I'm sure what in the world was she thinking and who in the world was I...
But me n cuzzie are tight ... that's how we roll ~
With me on the phone saying, pleading with Angie:
Saying: "HOLD on cuz, tell the doc to sew him in there, cross your legs, bite the bullet, I'm comin', just hold on"
DO NOT HAVE THAT BABY TIL I GET THERE!!!
I boarded that plane;
I prayed, I spirit talked to her and to Kamryn
the whole way...

I was not there for the birth of my number 1 Godson...
that story too long and too painful to tell, suffice it to say, I will forever regret that...
BUT
9 years ago, I was determined not to make that mistake twice... I would be there come hell or high water.
As a matter of fact, I now remember Buddy Pal #1 was 8 years old at the time when Kamryn was born... he must have hit the age where he was needing/wanting more attention ~ so being the wise guy he was... he had feigned bad eye sight at a recent eye doctor appointment and by the time I arrived in Chicago for Kamryn's birth, I find D'Vante wearing eyeglasses!
Years later for him to admit he "faked it" just to get glasses ~ The boy has fine vision ~
Geez Louise
He was amazed by his little brother, but that ole' Jealousy thing reared its head on more than one occasion... after all he had been the only for a long time.

As I arrived in Chicago, the cell was blowing up with calls, and Angie on the other end, and in pain said,
"Where you at cuz, I need you NOWWWWW"
Me responding with,
"I just landed, grabbing a cab, hold on babe, I'm comin".
I could hear the struggle, the pain, the exhaustion...
I was running on adrenalin myself... grabbed a cab and said, \
"Please, please I will pay for your ticket, just
(HIT IT), and get me to the hospital!
Thankfully no ticket and in record speed without a care of a ticket but great empathy and rap music we got there and a screeching halt, awesome tip handed to my trusty and crazed driver with mad skills at the whell
and a good luck shouted out the window...
I lit a cigarette figuring it would be the last for awhile and looked around to see MOM rushing out the door, saying,
"IF YOU WANNA SEE THAT BABY GET BORN YOU BETTER GET YOUR BUTT INSIDE NOW",
 as she hugged my neck!
We ran in the doors only to be stopped by security!
OH CRAP...
I tried to explain that I had a Godson being born upstairs... she could care less!
Wanted my drivers license, the usual sign in...
I was HOT now.
Did I mention
I named this little one?
I flew from DC to be there?
and she wanted me to fill out paperwork???
I complied... what choice did I have?
BUT
I was sure to let her know that if I missed this, I would be back, and not happy when I arrived and there would be hell in Chi-town to pay...
she could care less and she had a gun...
I WAS HOT
As MOM tried to calm me down, I continued my rant, filling out the paperwork, finally the woman said,
"go just go, I can tell you from DC..."
I thanked her and said,
"Now that's what I'm talkin about"
We flew upstairs, into the room and there lay my cuz, (not lookin real pretty I might just add)
Angie...  her mom/my aunt Linda,
(looking a bit too nervous I might also just add) nearby.
OK ~
"Let's get this party started"!!!
We gotta baby wanting to come out and see us!
KAMRYN ELIJAH

Now, had he been a girl, he would have had the middle name of Elizabeth after Granny and ME...
but ohhh no,
he had to be a boy!
So the male name of Elijah was as close as we could come to honoring Granny and MEEEE!

Angie was starving when I got there (how she could think of food is still beyond my grasp)
 she was in pain,
past ready to have this baby,
and hungry at the same time...
No wonder he eats like a horse, from the time he said hello to the world and... still today!
Little fella has always loved to eat!
slim jim for breakfast/5 eggs/bacon/milkshake/cake/crablegs/cheezeburgers (loves em) green beans/salads/mac/cheeze/did i mention LOBSTER

I fed him steak/crab/shrimp/lobster/beans/clams when he was still a baby;
 created a monster I did!
Still loves it today he does.

I know it wasn't more than 5 minutes of being there when Angie let out a scream that could be heard downstairs and across town 
and in walked the doc who said,
"So you are the one we've been waiting for huh?
Well put on your gown and let's get this baby now that you are here.
Ah, that's great now that your gown is on and your hands are washed...
over here~
here hold her leg, just like that!!!"
PUSSSHHHHHHHHH
Oh crap!
Let the hollering begin ~
OMG
Who ever in the world said this child birthing thing was lovely/beautiful/sweet/serene???
They must have been on drugs and bumped their head!
OMG
I'm sure me and Ang could of been heard hollering in several states!
Where is the bar?
Sure could have used a black russian!


Welcome to the world
KAMRYN ELIJAH
happy BIRTHDAY BABY!!!
AND
then the doc hands me the surgical scissors to:
cut the cord ~ ~ ~ ^-^ ~ ~ ~
Connected forever right then and there.
.
And
 the family has laughed, cried, laughed, loved
for the last nine years
and Kamryn has
grown
and
grown
with passion, humor, hysterics, and desire
with his big brothers' love, aruguments, jealous moments and loyal protection, and he looks up to his brother like you cannot imagine...
and he loves and is loved!
As I sit this morning and reflect, remember, I can't help but laugh...
Kamryn has always been filled with passion and with laughter...
 From the time of being little he would laugh out loud... infecting all with his laughter.
This one would laugh until he was out of breath!
Often laughing so hard and loud that he would have to lean over, grasp his hands to his knees and you would here the loudest of sighs...
then he would just start all over again!
I can remember he and Magic running the yard, he would just "know that he could beat Magic the min pin" but when they were rounding the corner, Kamryn would get tickled.. and start laughing to the point of falling on the ground...
Something just would come over him, just like that "SNAP" he was hysterical!
 Magic would "seize the moment" and pounce on him!!!
Making Kamryn hysterical all over again!
Funny little guy he is...
May he always keep that humor, that passion for life, for sports, for learning... for life itself.
Focus Kamryn intention practice... someday you will grown into someone so very special!
He is very funny on that you can be certain!
And to have him sleep with you?
Heaven help us. Mom nicknamed him the "worm" as a little one... he will end up around your neck, on your back, over your shoulder.... Very busy he is indeed... and he has no problem waking you just to say:
"I love you buddy pal, good night" and it could be at 3:00am ~

Yep, that's Kamryn Elijah... sometimes I think Granny may come through him to keep us on our toes ~ she was funny like that too at times...
Witty kid, old soul in many ways, and playful in so many others....
Magic loved him so and would put up with more from Kamryn than any other human... He and Kamryn loved to watch TV and if you glanced over you would find Kam with one of Magic's ears between his teeth... just cos' he could!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAMRYN,
NOW the world knows all about you, maybe someone will hook you up with some 1:1 with Jordan~
Bet you will give him a run for his shoes...
by the way, those new J's are "tight"!!!
His birth was magic,
His life is a wonder in progress
OUR
hopes for his future are brilliant and promising
HIS HOPES are to be the next
Michael Jordon
and he just might be that and so much more

This picture was for his
Buddy Pal after he has been training in
basketball with the VA TECH HOKIES!
My my my how he has grown!
NOW
I can wear his sneaks! Michael Jordan's of course.
My boy is "sick/tight/fly"
That is how "we roll"
So as you start a new year in your life,
a new year in school
A new year as a little "Bobcat" in football
A New Year of adventure, desire and Passion

Happy Birthday Baby
May all your dreams, wishes and desires be as plentiful as the stars in the heavens that you love to gaze upon with Dot... and the moon that is goin to be full just for you tonight~

Magic will be dancing on the galaxies as you celebrate your special day!

Kam and Magic
BUDDIES
NO ONE and I mean NOOO ONE
ever got in the Magic bed
but Kamryn!
Especially NOT with Magic IN IT!!!

I hope you will join along with others in the comments of today and wish little Kam a Happy Birthday!
I'm sure he is having a "sick/wicked cool" day,
SCHOOL ~ FOOTBALL THIS AFTERNOON
and once home will eat his way through a great celebration with family...
Sure hope his surprise box arrives in the mail!!!

The fire is burning brightly today with thoughts on the wind to all who gather here...For those fighting the fights of their lives and mourning the losses... 


We are with you, We stand beside you always,


We Are Warriors here, along with some powerful angels We stand strong for and with those out there fighting the fight, battling their battles and living their lives with gratitude and amazing grace, during the great and not so great times... through good times and profound sadness of loss times. We along with some powerful angels are with you, you are never alone...


Sending hope in healing on the winds to all who gather here


To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.


We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...


We are always alongside the journey with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always: for that I give thanks, and so it is!


FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and Mitch, Jerry, Trish, Barb, Anastasia, Mary, Rylee, The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab, The Curtis Family, Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...


Ali and family, Randy and Winnie in New Mexico, Irene M, Bernice, Eileen,  Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Vicki and Matthew, Chris, Our new adopted family in BRAZIL, Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit, and Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Cindy in NC (here comes REMISSION), Cindy Cumbie, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family, Jean R and friend Christy Rider, Victoria and hubbie, Stephen, Gayle, Steph, Chris, Erica, Eileen, John, Mindy, Jack, Susan Werth Becken, her brother Mike and family,
Craig James Lightfoot and his family,


and ... (please feel free to let me know if you would like to add your/or a friends name to our list)
Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers ~


just because you have the power and choose to to join with us there are some powerful warriors on this page


and in the next place along with some awesome angels


STOMP


Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and LIfe
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

ON Funny story about the security gaurd and the screeming trip to the hospital! Cutting the umbilical cord doc? What have you not done?
Happy Birthday KAM, and Happy birthday Andrea!
Enjoy the Monsoons today. Relentless rain, looking at the positive side.... no mowing te lawn for about the next gazillion years unitl it drys out! LOL. Off to paddle my way south to work. Best day to all.

Anonymous said...

NOw I have laughed until I cried this morning so very early... still dark and I am hysterical...
Happy birthday little guy... Happy Happy Brithday Kamryn ELIJAH... what an awesome name you've been given and what love you have also been given... You have a great start for a rich and beautiful life... Focus and I'll look forward to seeing you on the court ... the next Michael, or the first KAMRYN ELIJAH... shooting the hoops...
Great story doc, love how you roll ~
Also love how you and your family STOMP, esp you and the Angie cuzzie! You have started my day in a great way. Sign me... just tickled on Kamryn's special day

Anonymous said...

GREAT STORY THIS MORNING DOC!!! I GOT A VISUAL AND I WAS THERE...
Happy Happy Birthday Kamryn Elijah ~ I'm thinkin you just may be the next great b-ball player... you got the "hands" I'm thinking :)
YOU cut the cord doc?? I'm with the reader above, what haven't you done???
hysterical and I agree that birthin thing is not all it's cracked up to be ~ LOL
I'm smiling and my face is hurtin after this morning read, thanks doc
STOMP

Irene M said...

Yo ! Happy Birthday you 9 year old, soon-to-be-famous B ball player with a star jump shot.
Sherry's well-written hysterical blog this morning, has tears rolling down my face. OMG what a story. I felt the urgency as I read on and on, could not wait to hear the outcome (especially the security guard incident), knowing the Doc SES and her insistent personality. You go, Kam !!!! into your 9th year, with a double digit birthday next year.
Shout out to my dear cousin JIM, who shares a birthday with Kam. God Bless all today. Irene

viridian.com/greendays said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAMRYN - WOW 9 ALREADY
WHAT A GREAT STORY YOU HAVE TO TELL, and what a loving family; you are one very lucky little boy. Handsome & athletic; great combo
we love you
xoxooxox

Anonymous said...

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Little man, Kamryn Elijah
#23

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY, BIRTHDAY KAMRYN ELIJAH, (THE WORM) THE MEMORIES OF YOUR BIRTH ARE REALLY FLOWING TODAY. I KNOW WHEN I PULLED BUDDY PAL OUT OF THAT CAB AND SAID RUN, RUN TO BE STOPPED BY THE POLICE WOMAN, YES SHE HAD A GUN. LATER WE FOUND OUT IN THIS BIRTHING UNIT THERE HAD BEEN SEVERAL BABIES STOLEN AND THE SECURITY WAS AWESOME. WE WERE ONLY THINKING OF BEING THERE. OF COURSE WHEN I GOT BUDDY PAL IN THE ROOM, I HID IN THE CORNER NOT WANTING TO SEE THE MIRACLE BABY ON HIS WAY OUT, THE SCREAMS AND CRYING AND LAUGHTER COULD PROBABLY BE HEARD ALL OVER THE HOSPITAL. HE CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH A LITTLE CRYING AND HE HAS BEEN LAUGHING EVERY SINCE. A GREAT KID JUST LIKE HIS BROTHER. THEY ARE BOTH SPECIAL KIDS IN ALL OF OUR LIVES. HOW BLESSED WE ARE TO HAVE THEM IN OUR HEARTS ALWAYS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAMRYN. LOVE MUCH, LAUGH OFTEN, LIVE WELL.

Irene M said...

Hey, Kamryn, MICHAEL JORDAN commented on this page to Y O U , the birthday boy. Special wishes are everywhere.

F I R M

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my special friend,
I'm still working on the wish you made last time I saw you in the Magic Kingdom... do you remember? Are you working on it too?
Focus on your dreams, practice makes perfection and failures are only stepping stones for better tomorrows too ~
Magic is all around YOU Kamryn Elijah we both know that is true!
You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you
TinkerBell

Anonymous said...

Helloooo,
HAPPY BITHDAY KAMRYN !
I enjoyed reading today's story, felt like
I could have been there myself !
Thank you also for the birthday wishes,
another year in the books, for reflecting upon
and being most thankful for...

It will never cease to amaze me how
quickly time passes, and the faster it
seems to fly as we grow...
I sure appreciate each day to the fullest,
even the monsoon like weather, could have used my purple noodle in the street yesterday! !
although I never made it to the beach.. we spent lots of time looking back over family
pictures, treasures of time and testimony
to the blessed life, so full of love,
which I have had...
Just saying... will always be counting my
blessings and am looking forward to the memories yet to be made !!!
You are all important to me, and Doc,
there are no words to express my
insurmountable gratitude to you !
May the Angels ride these raindrops in all
their awesome glory !Today and each day..in
wonderment of our universe...
sign me,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's me again...
forgot to mention how much I enjoyed
the chocolate Cake !!
Thanks DOB... you're awesome !!

Anonymous said...

KAMRYN ELIJAH HAPPY BIRTHDAY ~ GREAT PICTURES, GREAT STORY DOC ~ I HAVE LAUGHED ALL DAY ~
I was right there, in my mind, right there on the streets of Chicago... zooming through traffic...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a kid that is obviously loved by many, many from all over the place...
I'm with the others when I say//// what haven't you done doc??? LOL here

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kam!!!
Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!

Love,

Nancy & Mitch

Chris said...

Happy Birthday Kam (Godson #2) --Hey Doc--that birth sounded pretty normal to me.But of course, I wasn't the one standing there screaming my head off!!!LOL what a beautiful story!

Cathy Madden said...

Well, Kam it's your day and I know you already know you have an awesome Godmother! She rocks and so do you! Keep the faith and true to the desires of your own heart. Have a most righteous day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kamryn... YOU ROCK ... and so does that Godmother of yours!!! Happy birthday to you!
Great read today to be sure...
You do roll doc... that's why we love you, no one in the world quite like you and on behalf of all, I want to say "thanks for keep in it real for all of us" sure would have loved to have been there for that awesome time! Kamryn and his bro are two lucky ones indeed... Wicked cool evening to everyone. thanks doc

Anonymous said...

What a long reach this blog has. Happy B'day to Kamryn, lucky you to get a shout-out from Michael Jordan right here on our favorite blog.
You are just likeyour God-Mother, the bomb diggity!

Anonymous said...

WELL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAMRYN... ELIJAH what a fabulous name you have!
and
what a name for the next great NBA star on the court, and in life... Michael Jordon... a great man to live up to indeed... and big J's to fill friend. Sure hope you have a basketball in your hand everyday, even when you are eatin', that's what he did you know!
Practice, you have to really want it, go for it!
Loved today's thoughts, the story, the images that your words paint so beautiful doc...
The pictures were "off the chain" and we all thank you... so very much for all you are for all you do for so many.
I have laughed myself silly just visualizing all of this... and to you and yours all I can sayis this: Doc you are a blessing to all! thanks.

Pedro Werner and Brazil said...

Heeeeeey little buddy pal! Congratulations for you from me and all of your brazilian family!!! Enjoy YOUR day 'cause today it is YOUR christmas! Best wishes, kisses, hugs, and love across the ocean!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary Studds Tippett HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAMRYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful day !!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Carol Skinner Happy Birthday to the miniature President Obama look-alike. Have a wonderful day. If the President ever checks this site, he will think he shrunk. From Sherry's birthday greetings, I can see you share the President's love of basketball as well. Maybe you can conquer the NBA and then run for President yourself. At nine, you have a few years to think about this. Again ... ENJOY YOUR BELLY-BUTTON DAY!

Anonymous said...

Hey little guy... some birthday you are havin here on this page.. Heard about it in California today, you a powerful little b-ball player but now on the football field huh? Bet you busy, and got the hands for it too! Go, live the dream, focus and practice every day... Sounds like you have the best brother, the best family and the greatest laugh... Happy birthday Kamryn Elijah from California and across the world... Your Godmother made sure to let the world know... that you are the best, now live up to your name and play up to the game friend. sign me, a fan waiting to see you shoot the hoop

Anonymous said...

OMG- Happy Birthday Kamryn! I was just really grateful that the skinny bar to the right wasn't the "whole delivery story!" Could've been TMI after you got to hold her leg part!!! But cutting the cord wass obviously the tie that binds!! Comments are awesome, Kam~ stay strong, stand tall, and forever learn and love! You'll go far if you stay as humble and sweet as you are, in your curly tongue kind of way! Bring your brother down for some kick his can not so Weeeeaaaaakkkk skiing or tubing on Lake Tarpon!
Happy Birthday Sandy and Andrea, hope your birhtday were much better than the weather here, and the start of a fab-U-lous year!!! Doc, U rock! Stomp, fly, cut, laugh, cry, roll...NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN'ABOUT!! Niteynite!