Sunday, August 1, 2010

Self Confidence ~ FEARLESS in your STeps

I walked on those coals of fire (2500 degrees +)
"A Firewalker"
Dorothy, Joan and I
"Fearless"

Super, Sunday, Sun-day Sunday
How bout' that picture? Awesome isn't it?
Walking on fire was the best thing I could have ever done with my best friend... the best thing I hope to do with Olivia and the Godsons' one day when they are grown.
I could have walked all the way to Maryland had they not grabbed me at the end of the walk to hose my feet down!
Ahhh, coffee and sunshine, and thoughts/memories ... what a day~ a day I can be absolutely certain that it mine to OWN, to make the most of and to be confident in knowing that it will be a blessings in all ways.
And how about you?
Good and wonderful morning readers!


Confidence is something that sure does play a large part in our lives. Yep, confidence is a great thing!
I laugh out loud when I hear the stories of Olivia through the Mama... She is one confident little warrior of 10 I tell you. The night before her first ever swim team meet, Olivia asks Mama about the details of competing... the way it all works...
So after the description of the "start", the "swim", the "finish"... Olivia states,
"Well OK then, wouldn't it be great if I won, I mean I am rather good at most things I try"!
Olivia came in FIRST PLACE!!!  Now that is some powerful intention, some marvelous confidence without cockiness... and just hysterical to me!
That's Nana's girl ... just love her so and her spirit soars with the start of each day!



People may compliment us or criticize us but really matters is how we feel about ourselves.
 Our own sense of self-worth is the most important measure of how we govern our lives, what we stand for and who we are.

I don’t fool myself by believing that I am perfect, but I know that I am capable.
 I am the author of my own life’s story. My confidence comes from not always being right, but from not fearing the mistakes I might make.
I will not embrace failure or fear.
I will take to heart the lessons I learn from my own missteps.
 This, I believe is the path to all of life’s achievements. To the recognition of one’s self-worth.


There are plenty of critics out there. I refuse to be my own worst enemy.

 If you doubt yourself, you indeed stand on shaky ground.
There is little value in comparing oneself to others. They too are finding their way.

 There are others who may accomplish more, or different things than I, but I am not less because they are on a different journey.
Their life is their own.

 I can only take responsibility for being my best self. For accomplishing all that I am capable of.
 I am, myself capable of often more than I know.

"We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies." ~Roderick Thorp, Rainbow Drive


For those who travel through life self doubting, afraid of failure, fear, riddled with concern about being criticized, the adventure life holds is diminished.

 How can we achieve great things if we start with the false premises that we are not worthy, no deserving, not capable?
Somebody, somewhere came up with the idea of duct tape.(wish I had invented that one)
 Outside of nature, every convenience we enjoy was once an idea.
Every great accomplishment of man began with one person who said, "I think", "I can", "I am".


We do not fully know what we are capable of until we try. At the beginning of every effort must be the belief that we are strong enough, able enough, fearless enough.
We must believe first in ourselves before we look to others to believe in us.
We must trust ourselves to rise to whatever circumstances we face. Will there be challenges? Absolutely. Will we stumble? Sure. Will we fall? Yep.

But with every bit of confidence we hold, we will get back up; over and over if we must, because we first know that we will not accept failure.

The way you see yourself sets a standard for the way the world perceives you.
 If you are a leader, others will follow.
 If you refuse to lead, someone, somehow will direct your course.
 It is not necessary to be in control of anymore than your own destiny.
 If we are to assume responsibility for anything, let it be that we made our life count for something.

Self confidence allows us to be sure of our value. To value our contribution. To achieve all that we are capable of.

Some people try to get a leg up by standing on the back of another.
 Sad as it is, people criticize others to make themselves feel somehow better.
If we refuse to accept the unwarranted criticism, refuse to internalize the message, it has no power over us. Others can tell me that I have not done a good job, or that I did not do enough, or that I have foolish ideas. They are entitled to there opinion.


They might even be right sometimes (though I doubt it), but if I have done my best; know my own value, believe in myself, I can hear these remarks and know that I am not diminished by them.

"Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong". ~Peter T. Mcintyre

Self confidence does not always come easy.
If we have allowed ourselves self doubt, have tortured ourselves with “what ifs”, lived our lives afraid of failure, fearful of crossing the street, we are faced with the daunting task of turning that all around.
Trust me, you can do it.
Dig up that weed infested garden of negative thoughts you hold in your mind.


Foster only the positive knowledge that you are still a work in progress.
We all are.


Abandon the word CAN’T. It should not be apart of your new vocabulary.

Fear, self doubt, self hatred, feed themselves. Do not allow yourself to be frozen, trapped in the past definition of yourself.
 You are fully capable of reinventing your own self image. Start by holding up your head. Imagine the crown you are wearing. Feel more powerful? Ah, it’s good to be the Queen. Carry a mental fly-swatter to nail those pesky little self doubts. Underline your thoughts with: “I will, I can, I am, I have”.
Next… Make a list of everything you have accomplished. Come on, dig a little deeper.
Your old self-doubting self might not be able to scratch up much you were willing to take credit for, but the “new you”…
You are your own champion.
Remember it’s just as easy to pat yourself on the back as it is to kick yourself, given the amazing bodies we are housed in.
Always hold your head up, but never lift your nose above that of another. Sage advice from one Queen to another.

This may be the crossroad your Majesty…. Wear your imaginary crown proudly.

Practice makes perfect, and you are already on your way.
For those of us that already have mastered this all important Self Confidence, reach out and help someone you care about to discover it in themselves.
Feedback does not have to be critical.
 Sandwich every opinion between two thick layers of praise and you can do more good than you know.

Feel like you just don't have the time to put you first?
"For fast acting relief, try slowing down" {Lily Tomlin}
STOMP
S   T    O    M   P

Have a wonderful Sunday my friends ~

Happy August 01,2010 ~ Here's to new beginnings on this brand spanking new month... 4 more days til #1 Buddy Pal turns the magical 16 ~
STOMP ~ The fire is burning brightly, the embers are hot...


with thoughts on the winds of hope in healing; strength in all ways to all those who enter here...


We are with you, we are Warriors here, ready to send our best thoughts, our best wishes...


We stand strong for and with those out there fighting the fight, battling their battles and living their lives with gratitude and amazing grace, during the great and not so great times...
We along with some powerful angels are with you, you are never alone...


SAVE OUR BEAUTIFUL GULF ~
Sending hope in healing on the winds to all who gather here and for all in and around Tampa, the families of the fallen, those in blue who are grieving while they are serving and protecting us.


To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.


We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...
we are with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always: for that I give thanks, and so it is!

FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve: Tink..and Mitch, Jerry,
Trish, Barb, Anastasia,


The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab, Curtis Family,


Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...
Randy and Winnie in New Mexico, Irene M, Bernice, Eileen, Ali and family, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Vicki and Matthew, Chris, Our new adopted family in BRAZIL,


Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit,


and Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Cindy in NC (here comes REMISSION), Cindy Cumbie, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey,  Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family,


Please hold the friends and family of these people in your hearts and prayers ~ just because you have the power and choose to ~

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life


Ordered your copies yet, time to order one for someone you love?
http://www.healingheartaches.com/

 

4 comments:

viridian.com/greendays said...

good morning, PARAMORE ROCKS, yes, the mama was at a concert last night at Merriweather-took the girls, very exciting, so fun just watching them experience their first concert- they had great seats close to the stage , we were on the lawn :) I Did tell them they were not to move from their seats, not to take any drinks ,food, candy etc from anyone or THEY COULD DIE -YES , I SAID IT ; DIE. Great night, we all got paramore tattoos ( airbrushed ) what fun. as for my blog comment, you can live a MUCH HAPPIER LIFE when you stop comparing yourself to others and what they have.
Happy Sunday all

Irene M said...

Wrote a great comment this morning and it was sent to the air of never-never land......
P-o'd about that. Stripped me of the confidence in " post comment " button. lol
Happy Sunday to all, thoughts scattered after the lost comment fury.
Firewalkers rule, I could not muster up that strength or confidence. My feet !!!!!
Olivia: you go, girl, swim like a dolphin
Birthday man, sweet 16 soon, enjoy life
My " crown " is heavy... thanks Dr. SES
Signed: melted EYESCREAM trying to stay FIRM

Unknown said...

Thank You for the message today, indeed from one Queen to another, Your Majesty! You ROCK DOC! I wear my crown proudly. I am my own humble servant! Would that we all had esnees from days of yore to scurry about taking care of all our pesky tasks. Would that we had all our own moments to just marvel at our own beauty.... Ah another dream!
Funny as you are, these are wise words. Everyone should take on the challenge of becoming a Firewalker. It was a life changing experience. Changed me, and I was already all that and a bag of chips. LOL But really, it was awesome. To know that you ahve walked with confidence on fire puts all the small stuff in perspective, and isn't all perspective?
Rough patch in the road is just that, a rough patch. Faced with a tough challenge? Walk first on fire and the challenge instantly goes from a mountian to a molehill.
Lovin this life. Look forward to all it holds.
You are our gift.
Dorothy

Anonymous said...

Dr. SES. great blog today and all days. Thank you for reminding us of our power to be what we need to be and to keep on trying to heal our hearts and minds of things that keep trying to hurt and destroy us. Glad all is well and the fire is burning. A 16yr. old birthday. What a great day that will be. Hope the fire is burning in the birthday boys heart and his life will be full of love and compassion for all. We will all try to remember what it was like to be 16. I just had a friend to tell me growing up she had never had a birthday party. How sad, she was the only child. I can remember many days we celebrated something or other, not necessarily a birthday party. Lets make everyday a party. Dance, stomp, sing with the radio full blast in the car and live for today. Thanks