Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oivia's Igloo In Maryland

2010 Snow Storm
Columbia Maryland
Nana's Girls ~ More Than A Snow Man INDEED

This morning I am still thinking of my lovely Olivia and her Mommy Joan! Columbia Maryland, outside of our Nations Capital was just bombarded with ole' man Winters Storm... snow, snow, snow! I received picture upon picture as the snow covered the streets, covered the deck of their home, covered everything! And then the email simply said, "Nana, can you say 3 FEET"?

I found myself laughing out loud as I formed the picture in my mind of Olivia building a great "snow-woman" and defying gravity with her Mom, both having a great time!

But what I didn't quite imagine... (although I don't know why) is that both would go beyond their and my imagine... they would indeed defy gravity, they would fail to fail even their expectations for the 2010 record snows across the city and surrounding areas; they would exceed the usual snow offerings of many that would be seen!

Olivia and Joan would make an "IGLOO"! Minus a few minor mishaps... like the email that let me know Olivia was fine and resting after Joan accidentally hit her in the face with the shovel!!! "OK, Nana, Olivia has a small cut, but she is FINE, not to worry!"

Now for those who have read Healing Heartaches, you will know Olivia and Joan... Olivia is my most beautiful granddaughter, and quite a spirit child to be sure...

They didn't just build themselves an igloo folks, they built an igloo that will hold 4 count them 4 people!!! And Olivia lets me know that when she is in there alone, "Nana, it's HUGE and very cool!"

So this mornings news tells me there is a wind gust in Columbia, severe travel warnings and yes, SNOW... more snow, snow and snow! As a matter of fact... it is snowing there now! Weatherman, smart that he is, just said "100% chance of snow today"! I heard it myself!

I warned my girls last evening to get them more supplies for their home... the important stuff: cookies, milk, brownies, hot cocoa, steak, potatoes, popcorn, did I mention brownies???

Spoke to another couple of friends in the DC area... seems they are not having as much fun! One sent me an email that said, "I DO NOT HEART SNOW"... the other, "I USED TO THINK STAYING AT HOME, LOOKING AT THIS WHITE STUFF WAS FUN, SICK OF THIS SH** NOW" and then spoke to an old friend Audrey Spicer (name familiar?)who was outside in the cold with her daughter and what were they doing? Building a snowman? Oh no... they were trying to get a 2,000 + pound car unstuck from the ice!!! Together they may weigh 220 pounds! Now maybe it's me, but the odds of that  seem ... well, let's just say, I would have probably waited for the spring thaw!!! But then again, one can say, here were two women who were "defying gravity"!!! Audrey said every time she shoveled, more snow came!

And this morning in Florida, the wind is whipping, the trees are bending and the Spanish moss looks a bit like a tilt a whirl! The four-leggeds have forgotten their recent brush with death and the pool and are running around with barks and joy as they "defy gravity" while I type, drink coffee and smile thinking about Olivia and her wonderful Mommy who encourages a little girls spirit and allows her to think outside the box knowing she is headed to greatness!

Next time you see a snowman/snow-woman... just think of Olivia! She might just be building that snow-person their very own Igloo!

Hope that you choose to "defy gravity" today!

Blessings to you in all that you do ~ ~ ~

Nana loves you Olivia, you are my beautiful girl


Walk In Beauty,

author of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss & Life

http://www.healingheartaches.com


3 comments:

Irene said...

Now, to comment on today's blog.
I am typing 12 hours later than I usually do.
I have returned to WORK this week, therefore
I read the blogs when I can ( or when Dr. SES
gets up extra early to write them )
SNOW......... SNOW & MORE SNOW !

Igloos, snowmen & women, dogs, pools, wind
cold in Florida. I am not liking this weather
one bit ! Heat on in the car in the AM, fleece
and scarf, too !!!! Heck, WTF with this already ! Tonite, another cold one.
Greetings to all, yours truely,
THE MOUTH FROM THE SOUTH !!!! FIRM

Anonymous said...

To everyone suffering from an overdose of SNOW, hope you are warm, have electricity, comfort foods and some good books to read. Especially, your own copy of Healing Heartaches. I have read mine several times over.
Stay warm, be safe and know that hose of us without snow feel your pain. Really, we do. I don't miss snow one little bit. Sleet is not my friend and shoveling is only a dim memory.
Take care.. Build an igloo. Sounds like a great idea. Saw a photo of a snowman with a noose around it's neck. Somebody has a great sense of humor. Loved it.

Anonymous said...

JUST READ ABOUT THE IGLOO. ONE SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL, JUST SAW ON THE NEWS WHERE ONE BUILT IGLOO AND THEN WENT INSIDE OF IT AND THE SNOW COLLAPSED AND KILLED THE TEENAGER. I WOULD NOT TRUST MOTHER NATURE WITH THE WEATHER WE ARE HAVING. GOOD LUCK, BE CAREFUL AND BE SENSIBLE WITH THE JOYS OF LIFE