Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Middle of the Night thoughts

Olivia and Fred the Lizard

Well I found ole' Fred yesterday and
told Fred that it was
National Olivia Day
and
then
I got to sing
a
Nana Rendition
of
Happy Birthday Baby
to my girl
after the delivery person
delivered
a
razzzle dazzle
gift of
chocolate covered strawberries
with a teddy bear and balloon to her
and
I think she was just tickeled to life
over that
as "the mama" stated it took quite a while
for her to big the "plumpest" and most perfect of the strawberries for her first one
to sample on
her
best day ever!
Then in the middle of the night
I was thinking of that idea of
NOT blinking
and how things
and people change
and grow
and
all those things that should be best thought of
in the light hours
rather than when one should be resting and sleeeping!

Then it occured to me
that
I was wide awake
so I came to my quiet place on the lanai
and sat in the darkness of the night
to listen to the frogs
sing
wondering what
Olivia, Kamryn and D'Vante
were dreaming about!
Yep that medicine for the pinched nerve has about worn my nerve thin I believe... LOL

Did you know that rats mulitply so quickly that in 18 months two rats could have over a million decendants?
Now we think we have problems right??
haha
Ok
so much for the rat facts here.
But
when one thinks they are present
and
that they pay attention to things
not blinking so much
and still want fo duct tape
as we watch our kids
I am reminded
of
not just Olivia
but
of the boys.
The times they spent together when they were little
and most recently
Godson #1 D'Vante
seeing a picture of
his "little sister" Olivia
and
saying
"I'll have to go to Maryland so boys will understand to leave my little sister alone,
cos' I'll protect her!"
Now imagine
in the background
is Godson #1 D'Vante (The Protector)
Kamryn, (The next Michael Jordon)
and
our Olivia
I just wonder
when in the world
did I have time to
BLINK?
AND,
since you just saw the tongues of the kids here
DID YOU KNOW:
Like fingerprints, everyone's
tongue print is
DIFFERENT?
NOw you can bet Oliva will be sharing that
little bit of info with her friends
at school tomorrow!

haha
But
we've sure got some
grand memories
had
some remarkable experiences
and
some
off the hook
laughter
filling our souls
to last a lifetime
and
I wouldn't trade a moment
for
all the money in the world.
AND
now
I can know that
Kamryn and Olivia
are ready
and
that
they will be under the watchful
eye
and
protection of all of us
and
my
bodyguard

Oh my,
when did I
"BLINK"?
#1 Godson
D'Vante
getting ready for his senior year this coming fall
and
now ready to protect his
"little sister Olivia"
when she hits that age that
some silly boy thinks to come and knock
on
the door up there in Maryland
to ask for a date!
PIty him I do!

Life is grand isn't it?
But as we look through our memories
and
photographs of time
we are often amazed
at how quickly time flies by
and
as we stop for a moment to reflect
on all that we've done,
places we've been
and
hopes for today
we
then look back
on those we've held
touched
and
laughed with.
Like sunsets that take your breath away
or
Mountains that you yearn for
or
Oceans that just soothe your soul
or excite your senses
we
only have this day
to appreciate life in its fullest
while
saying
"thank you to the Creator"
for all that we have
all that
we have been blessed with
and
all that is yet to be.
As the eagle soars so shall our children
if we are loving,
if we give them strength
and
if we are the wind
beneath their wings,
soar on
friends.
Beauty is above us
Beauty is below us
Beauty surrounds us

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES

DON'T BLINK!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hellooo all.
sure thing, DO NOT BLINK,
I think the lesson here is to make sure we treasure each
moment, find the silver lining and keep it close at heart..
I, as well, often find myslef awake in the middle of the night with my brain working overtime and thinking about things I am too busy to ponder during the day..
I call these thoughts " my middle of the night daydreams "
and I sure find happiness and comfort in daydreams..
Life is too short, days fly by so fast..
perhaps, the stillness of the night and the solitude allows
for our hearts to fill with most deep and moving emotions...
Wishing all a great day, sure wish the best of all who
find time to read and comment here..
we are gentle warriors...
how cool is that !
sign me, Hugging my angels..
always, A. ♥ ♥

Irene M said...

High-dee-ho ova there. Gimme some of that there nerve medication ! Just kidding.
Nice words today. I just came in from another whole day in the gulf, salty dog that I am.
Blessings to everyone, those young adults are scaring me into the reality of just HOW old I am turning each day ! Will keep in touch and posted.......... Love ya all..... Irene

Anonymous said...

They do grow up quick! Treasure the memories and look forward to all the new ones you will create with and for them as they continue to grow. Irene, enjoy the gulf, And to our own A, keep huggin your angels....
Best to all.

Anonymous said...

Children surely grow up before we can even realize or yes - Blink! It is good that Olivia has her protectors. All young girls need those protectors these days even if they don't think so. They are very lovely children and young people. I pray you had a better sleep last night. I know thse sleepless nights all too well. Prayers for all those who are here. Blessings and hugs. Prayers for Sandy and Steward as they get closer to getting their home back together and livable again. Have a Terrific Thursday - Sandy♥