Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Maybe a Cruise Ship


Perhaps we should just forget the
ARC
and
send a
Cruise ship here...
after all then we can head to
the Carribean; do a bit of gambling,
DRINK
and
play
and
be waited on by those in shorts
and
already be in
"sail mode"
Yep, I'm thinking a cruise right about now would be the best plan for this continual rain here in the Tampa Bay area... needless to say... storms are still coming in,
NASCAR has been once again postponed around the pool today... the four leggeds are just snooozing away here.


Oh yea,
just a bit stormy in the hood!

So as I sit and read the thoughts on yesterday's blog, and listen to some music,
I was reminded of some wonderful sayings:
"Minni don't burn chicken" came to mind and I couldn't help but to laugh out loud!
Then I started thinking about how folks used to use wonderful expressions;
do you have favorites or think back to a time of hearing them from those you remember today?

How bout?

"Lawd, yall are like putting cats in a bag when you argue, shake u up and heaven only knows what or who is goin to fall out first"

"yall just like to fuss so you can make up"

"she dont know if she's  on foot or horseback"

"u all just like to stir in "it" to see if you can get it to stink more"

"she's as cool as the other side of the pillow"

"she's gilding the lily"

"if the good Lord's a willin and the crik don't rise"

"well butter me a biscuit..."

"go pound sand"

"i need that as much as I need teeeth in my *ss"

Oh for those ole expressions!








"when someone shows you who they are believe them then walk away" (Maya Angelou)

"if you are mad scratch your hind-end and get glad" [granny]

I had a client tell me recently when defensive,
"well after all ... mercury is in retrograde!"
I sat quietly and then replied..
"well, does that mean that now your fever has broken?"
Cos,
those who know me, are well aware
"I don't take tylenol for the fever of others".

><
Ohhhh lawd, must be all this rain
making my thoughts just pour out here...
Just need a little/LOT
of
SUN

Interesting how the brightness of friends, family, the
Universal Connection of spirit
can lighten a room,
while also accomodating the heartspace...
Once can love without judgment, without expectation
and
love always...
Once that respect, kindness and honor is established
one can
outshine the sun
even on dreary days
in all kinds of ways
while maintaining balance
during storms
and
dignity during times of sadness
or times of stress.
Even in those times
there comes a time
when we come to decisions
of when to stand
and
when to
STOMP.
KNowing that things will not always be the way we want them,
paths will not always be well lit or marked,
opinions will always vary...
BUT
kindness will never go out of
vogue
and
folks will often always speak their mind...
AND
sometimes
folks will
STOMP... and they will say what they mean and mean what they say. It is in those times, that humor is paramount, and real is real,
but love, respect and kindness just might make or break your deal!
and this great quote will come in handy:
 "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."     — Dr. Seuss

Wonder how many remember?
when a percolator used to
make that wonderful sound in the kitchen;
a kelvonator was in there as well?
a 45 was played on 33 speed
and
swag lamps ruled the living room
with shag carpets galore?
Still got those "beads" that used to separate the doorways?
Retro baby, think retro!
And
if you haven't had the pleasure of
hearing this young man sing
yet... take a listen
to Michael GRIMM cos' I gotta tell ya...
he is the
new generation
of
old soul music
and
today
with my soggy self sitting here
I feel like
Otis Redding is back and I'm sittin on the dock of the bay, with my
"sway on"
and
my scattered thoughts being tossed in
as
I await the cruise ship to
tie up on this here dock today.


OMG, that boy can sing his butt off~!
They say: if you are relaxed your blood pressure is low... heaven help me if it goes any lower, I may need the number of
911
today.

SPEAKING OF
WE WILL NEVER FORGET
9/11
Where were you?


Blessings on the winds, dear ones... Dance on the raindrops today...

Our hearts are surrounding those in TX as the fires rage on there, we are with you and wish we could send you some rain....

Walk In Beauty
DRSES
www.drsherryeshowalter.com













8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Cuz & fellow Warriors,

I totally agree with the cruise ship IDEAL....too much rain for me and oh how I hate to sit in rain during a football game so it needs to be going away before Friday...Dem Bobcats have a game Friday night and they will have to play hard, stay focused and be a team. George Wythe has been predicted to be state champs but the Bobcats are gonna prove everyone wrong!! LET'S GO BOBCATS

Granny always said to me "Never take a wooden nickel" unfortunatley I never ask her what it meant so I am sure Cuz will be letting me know. But my fav was always "Scratch you butt and get glad" I def use that alot with my boys :)

A friend and I were just talking yesterday about old school songs and 45's and how we were told "don't let the needle scratch the record!!" Wow how times have changed~~

I hope everyone has a beautiful blessed day and if you are somewhere with some sunshine please send me some to VA~~missing my lazy days at the lake already~~

Love ya Cuzzie~~

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday Friends - well, you sent the rain our way and as my Sweet Mom used to say "It's raining cats and dogs and a few chickens out there today" and it is. Our 4 day forcast to rain and thunderstorms started at 3:00a.m. this morning and is still going on.
Other old sayings from Mom were "Because I said so, that's why." "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?" "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!" "Whatever floats yer boat" "Quit yer crying or I will give you something to cry about" and so many more. Mom and Dad had many of those saying growing up. So Dr. Sherry, when the cruise ship stops at your door send it on down the Michigan and pick us all up here.

It is back to work for me today so a busy one as there is no back up for me when I am off.

Wishing everyone who stops by here a Wonderful Wednesday even if it is raining. Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

helloooo.
" when hell freezes" , "nobody said it was gonna be easy", "take a chill pill ", "wait until your father gets home" , "who died and made you queenbee? " , " do your best and be proud ", "it does not matter where you live, it is the welcome you give your guests, be proud ! " " do not assume.. makes an "ass' of you and me..... and so many other expressions I was raised with.. all carrying messages of self integrity and pride, honor and respect. The ' golden rule" was the basic moral in my upbringing and I am very grateful for that.... Loved the pounding rains this morning, giving way to a beautiful sunshine sky and the freshness of a new day. Hoping everyone has their stomp on, joy in their hearts and hope in their spirit !
Cat napping here before I head out to work...
hugging my angels ♥ ♥ sign me, A.

Irene M said...

I must tell any reader who stops by the comment section: I composed a 2-page list of a hundred " Rose-isms " and passed them out at my mother's viewing and service luncheon.
My mother, Rose was the QUEEN of expressions.
Dr. SES, today's blog was very touching and fell into the category of D Y S for sure.
Thank you for jarring my memory and allowing me to reminisce on the greatest generation and their take on life and isms. You Sherry, are a gem in my ring of life. Sometimes mushy, but trying to stay FIRM !
P S : no comment about the rain, I have damp-rid in my pockets..............

Anonymous said...

Buck Up
Chill Out
Toke till ya choke.. And I did.
More contemporary sayings I love:
What Fresh Hell is this?
My face hurts from pretending to like you...
I understand the concept of cleaning, just not how it applies to me....
Fun Blog doc! You are the Bomb Diggity!
Soggy here and most everywhere (except poor dry Texas0. If I could, I'd send all this rain to the Texans. Literally.
Best day to all. What a crowd we are.

Anonymous said...

I almost choaked after reading the last comment above, laughing my lungs out.
"toke till ya choke "............

what a bunch of NUTZ we are

Anonymous said...

great blog doc, glad u left it for me to catch up ehre... when hell freezes, and if u dont know me by now, guess u never will know me come to mind on those expressions.... this is a great place to come to and the photos are off the hook!
loved the rain, the storm and the sunnnnn where is it.
the expressions are priceless and oh how i remember that percolator and strong coffe, but oh i do so remember the i'm so made i wish my ass had teeth one too now that dates me..
how bout the, "i remember walking four miles to school after feeding the hens, u don't know how good it is!"

glad to see all commenting, and hope today there will be more to read once the memmores are stored. thanks doc, best to all the warriors here, even the ones who only read it and dont say hi anymore to us, i know they are here...

Anonymous said...

It was fun reading this again and all the responses. I missed some things I meant to comment on. I loved the pictures. Of course I remember the percolator coffee maker. I loved watching it perking in the morning, loving the sounds and smell of strong coffee. I would get up early with Mom and Dad to get Dad off to work at GM. I would pack his lunch for him in his shiny lunch box and add a few more pickles and snacks. Mom would pour the hot coffee in his thermos. I would then sit with them in the quiet, while my Sis and Bro slept and while he Dad his breakfast of eggs, toast and half of a grapefruit. He would then squeeze that last spoonful of juice and give it to me along with the last corner of his toast. He would leave and then I would crawl back into the warm bed with Mom until time to get up for school. Those were good days and good memories of years gone by. Haven't thought about that in a long time.
Wishing everyone here a very happy and Blessed rest of the day. It is still raining cats and dogs and a few chickens here in SE Michigan. Oh where is that cruise ship Dr. Sherry? I am waiting on it.☺ LOL Sandy♥