Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MONEY CAN'T REPLACE IT...


BREATH-TAKING
COLORADO

Home from an outstanding flight on
SOUTHWEST
air!
And oh what a trip it was...
starting out with
Cheyenne Wyoming
to
Boulder to Denver
and
ohhhh what wonderful professional caregivers
i was honored to meet along the journey!
AND
those mountains
the "heights" my goodness
I even saw a bumper sticker in
BOULDER
stating it was
"one mile closer to heaven"!!!
I was a bit nervous about that
given what had just happened in Atlanta!
LOL
><
But it was just fantastic; each person, each moment
and
then
There was morning...
the skies alive with color
and
I looked and saw
A FULL MOON in daylight!
Can you even imagine my delight?
It was as if the Creators hand had painted the sky so brilliantly
and
left the moon in its glory for me to see as well.
Oh what a group(s) I had such pleasure of spending the days with; and the days sun was truly brilliant!
Warmth that soothed the soul
and
was a bright as could be;
I didn't even need those "cuddle duds" I had packed for the cold!
After a week of speaking, in that little rental car...
I was off to see treasured friends in a little town called
"Walsenburg Colorado"
and
ohhh did we have the best of times!
We laughed so hard we cried at times;
we enjoyed each breath,
each ray of the Colorado sun
as we shared and reveled in our time together although brief
we fit so much in!
Times were tremendous; they were joyous and delicious
the coffee never better, the food at a little bed and breakfast was
"five star" as we sat under the stars in a quaint and wonderful place...
We enjoyed watching and meeting a man named
"BOB" there with family they reunited from
Michigan
to honor a grandmother and to clean family graves
and to retell the stories
and
to celebrate each other
and
we heard the
"POP" of the champagne bottle!
We listened to music; we told stories, we just had the
absolute best of times until the final moment
when we had to say
"until we meet again"
we stay connected by hearts united
who have had such times of such joy
brought together
as
SOUTHWEST flew me safely to
Colorado
where you are closer to heaven!
I arrived safely home
to waiting 4-leggeds who were just about as happy as they ever have been to jump up in my lap and do a
Happy Dance!
And now it is time
to prepare for the national holiday
of
the anniversary of my birth!
"Thanks Mom"
I so appreciate what you and Granny have done
to let me live such a marvelous life
it is indeed a dance
each day
and
I thank you!

So then...
how's all these marvelous warriors?
I wish you enough to make you want
MORE
and
to
dance on the rain, to slide on the slopes
as
you maneuver your way to the top
dream in living color
and
remember
"nothin works unless you do"
so
laugh (even if at yourself)
love often and muchly
live like you are dying
with gusto
with gladness
and
remember...
always remember
and
enjoy!
Ever had one of those songs you just can't get out of your head and can't get enough of?
Well here's one you will just love!
"I think I've lost it"
OHHH how i just love this song!!!
ENJOY


Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

next flight is to
el paso, and new Mexico in November!



5 comments:

fluff said...

Ahhh, Dr. Sherry, so good to see your words. Was getting worried about you and praying all was well. Sounds like you had the best of trips and saw the beauty of our great land and grateful for its beauty. So many people, so many life friends. I am happy you had such a grand time and the conferences and people were all that you needed after the last week or so and your experience on the last trip. I do hope you are feeling all better, strong and healthy. I am sure you have no desire for a "healthy" sandwich for a while. So, you celebrate the anniversary of your birth soon? I just celebrated my anniversary of my birth on Sunday 10/16. Mom always made our birthday special and it was my first birthday and she was not here in body with us but I know she wished for me a happy day in spirit. I sure did and do miss her and the love she showed. You are soon off to a place I want to return to someday - New Mexico. Was there one time and always wanted to go back. A beautiful place! I know the furry four leggeds were excited to have you home. Take care Dr. Sherry, prayers for you continue and all those who stop here - enjoy the Blessings of your evening. Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

hellooooooo
( echo off the rockies)...
sure loved reading of your adventures, I have
many fond memories of Colorado and relived them through your words.. the beauty is almost impossible to describe. Loved the picture of the full "day" moon, certainly you were honored to catch such an awesome sight.
And yet another birthday, seems as if the year flew by way too quickly, sooooooo,
Happy You day ! Thanks for always sharing the moments, truly appreciated and thanks to Granny and Mom from me too, they sure gave us all a great gift !
Welcome Home... smile until your face hurts.. heehee.. enjoy your day with all of those who love you.. hugging my angels, in these wee hours of a new day dawning,
sign me ♥ ♥ A.

Anonymous said...

p.s....
I know you have a few days ahead to rest up for
your official birthday, just saying, may as well get the party started, I love the idea of a week of celebration.enjoy !
♥ ♥ A

Irene M said...

Well, well.............. WELL COME back home !
It's nice to feel you close once again and read your words, so expressive, view pictures of your trip ( Moon spectacular ! ) We warriors kept the comment section active each day with a few words from regulars.
Your birthday, your STAR in the sky will shine bright. Celebrate each breath ( & sandwich )
All is well over here, staying FIRM always.

KELLY 2 WOLVES said...

HAPPY UPCOMMING BIRTHDAY! GLAD THIS TRIP WAS AWSOME COMPARED TO THE LAST LOVE YA GIRL!