Friday, November 25, 2011

BLACK FRIDAY, still Full!

LESSONS LEARNED

Thanksgiving
is
or can be
a very dangerous holiday!
Lesson 1
When putting the above instruments
in the mixer:
DO NOT HOLD THE MIXER UPSIDE DOWN
WHEN INSERTING SAID TOOLS
><
As you hand could easily hit the button
ON
resulting in
Mixing your fingers together in the
process!!!
>Causing one of the people in the house
to fall in the floor hysterically laughing
while
the other person fills the air
with @#%$#
and
well... It can really really hurt
but
after the pain
it was really really pretty funny
and
well
I need not say more!
LESSON 2

THIS IS A GREAT BEGINNING TO THANKSGIVING
JUST ADD
COFFEE/MILK
and
gracious
Gratitude
but
It can and will often alter the amount of
THANKSGIVING MEAL
one is able to enjoy fully later in the day!
LESSON 3

YOUR EYES
ARE
ALWAYS BIGGER
THAN
YOUR BELLY
especially if you do NOT pay attention to
Lesson 2

LESSON 4
WE'RE NOW INTO
BLACK FRIDAY
So you better have on your
best shoes
if you HAVEN'T LEFT ALREADY
AND
it's too late to remind you!
I have read that this is the worst economy to date
however
it is expected to be
a very very successful
day of
BLACK FRIDAY
with sales.
Now I don't really get that
but
I figure
they know what they are talking about
and
they do advise you to take
"water, sandwiches and make a plan"
before heading out!
OH lawd,
sounds like folks are going
camping!

But,
I am not participating
instead
I am rather grieving the loss of the idea
of when it was
"easy" and great "fun"
to shop for the kids
when they were little and were
"excited"
and
when you could just create a "buzz"
and
they were
soooooo thrilled by it all!
And the joys of finding
"treasures"
and
wrapping the beautiful paper
and
then putting it under the tree
with such excitement.
BUT
they are growing now,
no one has indicated what they truley want
for
Christmas
although I am told
they they would like "gift cards"?
Where is the
FUN FOR ME IN THAT?
really?
A gift card?
><
Bah Humbug.

I'm thankful
I'm blessed
and
up in Maryland
when I asked Olivia what she wanted for Christmas,
her standard reply is
"Nana, I don't need anything, and I don't know"!
go figure!

So there you go
I am spared the shopping
of
2011
YIPPEE
how sad is that

But
if you are one of those who went to bed early
you have already been out there all night
and
are now in bed
so
it's too late anyway!

I hope you had a marvelous day
of
Thanksgiving
and
enjoyed each moment
I sure do hope you made magic
along the day
in ways that will hold you UP
in ways of remembering
in the days ahead.
Here
we enjoyed the day
spoke with loved ones
and
laughed over the mixer
watched those commercials
and
a bit of football
between the naps
and the joys
of all that is to be embraced
and
gave thanks for all.
The 4 leggeds were on "high alert"
knowing that they were counted among the many blessings
and
there prayers were answered
as
"turkey" magically appeared
in front of them
so
all was good!
Funny,
no one seems to advertise
Refridgerators on
those
Black Friday sales?
I've decided that it is probably a result
of no one
wanting to
even think
of
having to
"unload their very own fridg"
in order to bring in a new one
even if a sale could be found
the days after
Thanksgiving!

Wishing you a lovely weekend
and
hoping that
you hold tightly to
the
spirit
of
Thanksgiving
as
we now feel
transported quickly into
this
holiday
season.

Walk In Beauty
DRSES





3 comments:

fluff said...

Happy Friday Dr. Sherry and friends. Hope your Thanksgiving was the best. I never took part in the Black Friday shopping - Oh Know - never ever. Don't like shopping, don't like crowds - love to sleep in a on day off work. I do a lot of on-line shopping though. I know what you mean about the gift card gifts. Lately, seems like that is best for everyone. Hope the fingers are feeling better after fighting with those beaters. I hope the weather is good where you are. I am grateful that it is 53 degrees here, sunny and still no snow on the ground in SE Michigan. Wish it would stay this way till March. Take care friends and enjoy the Blessings of the day. Sandy♥

I am anxious to hear when Angie gets the card and pictures I sent. They will get a late Thanksgiving wish but they will know they were thought about.

Anonymous said...

Howdy Doc! Funny thoughts today, still laughing. What's next? You never have a dull moment. How exactly does one get their fingers tangled up in a mixer anyway? Bruises? Broken parts? How is the mixer now? Anyway, so glad your Turkey Day was enjoyed. Be well.

Anonymous said...

Greetings on the wind Doc.
I agree, where is the joy. Seems like everyone goes for convenience. No black friday for us either. I always loved shopping for that special gift for someone..whether it cost fifty cents or fifty dollars..it was picked out with love. Times are not always changing for the good huh doc.
Hugs and luv on the wind to all here
EE