Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mornings Ramblings

BEAUTY

Holding on to beauty
to
color
to
wonderment
...

The skies are remarkable
if
we remember to
LOOK UP
><

It is amazing the sights that can been ours
to claim as just ours
no matter the day
no matter the realities of the world
there is indeed beauty all around
us.
As I re-enter to the realities
now away from the
"sights" and "sounds"
and
beauty of the Bahamas
I have laughed myself silly over the mistakes I have made
trying to get my head back in the game.
I have been overwhelmed with the
upcoming days on the road and in the air
and
my efforts to get them together
only to have made
mistake after mistake
and
finally throwing my hands in the air
deciding
I am still on "island time"!
Perhaps it was the "sights I saw"
that have interferred with my brain functions
but
one thing is certain
re-entry can be difficult!
Yes, I know I am back on land, and
Yes
I know I have much to do
I keep telling that to my brain here...
Ahhh
but
re-enter we must
to the reality of the world
and
the world does not like to be kept waiting!
Well
I cannot believe how quickly time goes by
and
that is my story and I'm sticking to it!
Granny used to tell me how quickly time goes by
but I just didn't see it back in the day that way,
guess it has something to do with growing UP?
Or
standing UP?

><
The emails/phones/and those who want what they want
continue on...
One thing is certain,
and
that one thing is this...
When we hear of others in pain,
those who are hurting
there is a sense of helplessness and that of
wanting to do "something" for most who then wish they could find the way to "soothe", to "fix it", to "do more".
It is then that it may help if we could remind ourselves
the very important role of
"BEING PRESENT";
for often just "being" is the most important gift that can be given to those in need.
It is helpful to remind ourselves that although we may be tempted to "fix things", we cannot... It is not ours to fix, nor is it often possible to take away the troubles/pain/angst of another.
For those we love,
there is nothing quite as painful as seeing those we love in pain.
We would almost rather take their pain than to witness it, knowing we cannot take it away nor fix it!
But again,
it is not ours to take, nor are we often able to magically make it go away,
but
we can bear witness, we can administer hope, care, and genuine authentic love during it, through it, and after wards.

So then
HOW ARE YOU ALL TODAY?
><
I trust you are not too upset and mourning the divorce of the
Kardaschian rich this week!!!
I mean she was married for 71 days
and
made quite a bit of dough on each day of the blissful marriage including a quite lovely rock of diamonds
don't ya think?
poor boy, what was he thinking?

><
together we are much stronger than anyone alone,
we are powerful in our stand
as
warriors of gentle spirit.
We are soon ready to change
the light has changed on us,
we are in the dark months...
Are you ready to
"fall back" as the time is soon to change!
Remember you are your most precious resource
and
to take best care of you
as
we are entering the
Winter months.
It is time
for
you
to
"gather your resources for the coming months"
to stock up on that which you will need!
Just as the "bush tails" the squirrels are doing now;
take lessons from the
swimmers, the crawlers, the four-leggeds
and
know that this is the time
to gather up those close to you
that will give you support through the winter
and
will sustain you in times that you may need someone
just to let you know
that you are loved, cared about,
and
to remind you
LOOK UP
look out
and
remember
BEAUTY IS ALL AROUND YOU!!!

When all else fails,
look back at these photographs,
and
laugh out loud,
or
just say
"ahhh"
or
then again you can just shake your head
and
be amazed!
BUTT
again
you can always get ready for your very own
cruise
if only in your mind!

Blessings on the winds dear hearts.

You know who you are!
Yep had to throw one in of those mountains of CO!
and
that remarkable sky!

Walk In Beauty
DRSES






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Dr. Sherry,thank you for the beautiful pictures and thought provoking words. You are an absolute gem to so many. Continueing to hold those in prayer who are mentioned here. Havn't heard about Sandy and Stewart lately and hope that things are good with them and their house is coming along. I continued to hold them in my prayers. Yes indeed, winter is on its way. I am not looking forward to the snow and cold of SE Michigan. It is quite cool the last few days but in the 50s today. Busy day at work so a quick hello and wishing each of you a Blessed and joyous day. Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

Right on the money doc. Keepin it real. How many times have I said I'd rather suffer myself than see someone I love hurt. You are so right.
Hope your week gets better.

Anonymous said...

mornin friend. Peace on the wind and much love.
I don't think that those who are "just there" in the moment of pain realize what a gift they truly give. Just listening, letting one know that you really care an are sorry for the hurt that is happening does more than anything to help with that pain as a person walks through it.
You friend are awesome as always and touch everyone where ever you go. The Creator uses you well. As I remember you saying so often "use me up Lord, just take your time doing it". I hope He takes a long time using you up for you are such a gift to this world.
Peach friend and hugs on the wind.
EE