Friday, November 11, 2011

HAPPY VETERANS DAY FROM THE LAND OF ENCHANTMENT!

SANTA FE NEW MEXICO
SPIRIT FILLED
REMARKABLE
AWE INSPIRING
...
Beyond Words
11-11-11

Good Morning from
New Mexico
dear ones!
Happy Veterans Day
...
EE
the candle is lit
for you
for the
Creator to give you strength
in all that you are going through
and
for what you need
as you face the upcoming surgeries out there in
Colorado
prayers are going up
>>><<<

Happy Veterans Day
and
THANK YOU
to those who are serving
to those who have served this great Nation of ours!
We Remember
We HONOR
those who have served
...
We Thank Those
I hope you will cross the street each day
when you see a soldier
see a man/woman wearing a ball cap that indicates
they have served
and
take the time
to say
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
...
FLY THOSE FLAGS FRIENDS!



I am preparing to return home
after a most remarkable tour
one that had me in El Paso
where I met service men and women
in an airport in El Paso TX.
I walked the airport
the home of
FT Bliss
and
over the overhead loudspeaker a man's voice
came on
and stated;
"IF YOU SEE A SERVICE MAN OR WOMAN
HERE IN OUR AIRPORT,
PLEASE THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE IN OUR COUNTRY, PLEASE REMEMBER OUR SERVCE MEN AND WOMEN. WE THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE,
WELCOME TO EL PASO."
I had just landed,
flying
American Airlines ealier
as we landed
the pilot came on the speaker
and
informed the passengers that we had
service men and women on board,
he thanked them for serving our country!
I began to applaud,
I continued clapping until others on the plane
joined me, and we clapped
and
we clapped
until
the entire plane
erupted in clapping for the 5 that were aboard the plane.
I have never been more proud.
><
It was then
I found out that FT Bliss is
HUGE...
I was in El Paso,
and
realized just how huge
FT Bliss was!
Soon I was in the air and
arrived in Alburqurque NM,
got a rental car and headed to beautiful
Santa Fe,
arrving at the historic
Hilton
and
all I can tell you is this,
it was
"the land of Enchantment"
and
a most spiritual two days
in New Mexico.
The first person I met
here on this Veterans day
as I reflect on Santa Fe
was a man named Rick
from Missouri.
Rick was a
Vietnam Veteran
and
he was at the Hilton on business.
We struck up a conversation and I enjoyed him so very much.
Rick was in a power chair,
and he had eyes that spoke to the soul.
He had been shot several times in Viet Nam,
suffered a brain anyrueysm
and was told he would never recover,
but
recover he did
and
now is articulate, is charming
and
oh is he bright.
A Marine, a husband, and quite a gentleman.
He has survived all odds
even to the dismay of a brilliant doc of Johns Hopkins
he told me.
I admired him, and hated our time was so limited.
Thank you Rick for your service to our country,
I hope our paths will cross again some day.
><
I was honored to meet some wonderful professional caregivers in Santa Fe,
to walk the streets there and visit the most beautiful of shops;
to sit in and pray in St Francis Church there;
to light candles for loved ones
and
to see some incredible sights
and sit in the lobby by a fire that was just amazing
before leaving for beautiful
Alburqurque
oh how I love
this area.
More pictures to follow
but
yesterday
was more than I could hope for
as
folks gathered for a long but fabulous day
of
healthcare professionals
along with
therapists, counselors, physical and occupational therapists,
pyschologists, social workers and even a fellow 9/11 first responder.
Two women there had suffered the effects of giving so much to those they provided care for that one had had a heart attack and stroke along the way, the other had a thryoid removed
folks that give so much to others in their professions that they fail to take best care of themselves until their bodies finally just shut them down along the way!
The blessings of the day were many;
the city filled with spirit
out in the
land of enchantment
out in
Indian Country
places of such beauty
with stories of
inter-generational loss/grief/sorrow
that continues on today
with stories that would break your heart.
><
But today
I have time to catch some more of the beauty,
pictures to share with you all here,
the warriors of this page
and
then its time to board
SOUTHWEST
my airlines
and
head home
to warmth...

to family and the four leggeds
and
to rest
before heading off to Ohio
next week
and seeing those
folks wearing the
green
of
Crossroads Hospice!
Yep, I just love those Hospice folks from Crossroads HOSPICE)

For
 today
we pause
we remember
we
give great thanks
to those
wearing the Uniforms
those who have served
our great country
we
take time
to cross the street if we have to,
just to say
THANK YOU
for your service of our Great Country
WE THANK YOU
and we
Want YOU home!
...
All give more than many would or could ever imagine
while so many have paid the ultimate sacrifice
so that we may enjoy the freedoms
of this land
our homes
our soft or firm beds
and
our homes
our very freedoms
to choose
to laugh
to be free
today
tonight
and
tomorrow.

Thank you
I am grateful
to all of you
to your families
and
to the memories of those who have given all.

God bless America
the
land of the free
because of the brave.
So many have come home in flag draped caskets; so many have mourned them, we have all mourned them and their families
we THANK THEM and must continue to in countless ways...
We REMEMBER them

THANK YOU
Hold them UP warriors
find them
and
say thank you today
those who have served
those who are serving
and
their families.

Thank you New Mexico
the
Land of Enchantment
I so enjoyed each of you
and your  most beautiful surroundings

Walk In Beauty
DRSES







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning doc and to all my fellow readers. Way to many ones in today's date. Even the hash mark look like ones, this will be a challenge as I write the date fifty thousand times a day. LOL.
very sincere THANK YOU to all those that do, and have served. Been some war or another going on my whole life.How sad is that. Guess it is the govt. way of spending tax dollars just so wage earners don't get them. Would love to think that one day we will stop sending our men and women to fight and die.
Something to think about with the holiday season approaching.
The sky is just starting to peek it's light behind the trees and the wind is howling. Burrr. Can't wait for the beautiful pictures doc. Head on home and snatch a few winks before you scramble back up into the wild blue yonder.

Irene M said...

Nice to see an entry from Doc Sherry. Good to read an update. Yes, everyone, it is 11-11-11
I grew up with a father who served, was wounded, captured and came home to have a family. It was a different time for veterans, then. I am proud to be his daughter. For all active duty and those home from all wars, I salute you, today. Fly those flags, shake some hands and nod your head when you come across them along the way today & always.
Good luck doc on the return trip home, be safe and keep on writing ! I missed you.......
Proud to be an American, I remain FIRM

Anonymous said...

Good Morning - such a Blessing to see your words this morning Dr. Sherry, I have also missed you much this week and held you up in prayers. So happy to hear how good New Mexico and its people were for you. I have only been to NM once and said I would return again. It surely is a land of enchantment. Loved the pictures and anxious to see more. Holding our friends mentioned here in my prayers also that they may be feeling better. God Bless America and God Bless our brave men and woman who have stood strong and kept America in freedom. I also have known nothing of life but war time. My Dad fought in the Korean war and suffered greatly such that the depression and tragic memories he carried also spilled over on our family all of his life. Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in America where we did not have to send our brave men and women off to war? My grandson is in Afghanistan at this time and I hold him up in prayers daily.

Well, wishing each of you a Blessed and Happy Friday on this 11/11/11. I will be watching the clock for 11:11a.m. and p.m. Have a very safe trip home Dr. Sherry and I know your 4 leggeds and family are waiting for your return. Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

Thank You Dr.S from the "Land of Enchantment". The power of your words and your presence uplifted my spirit and I am blessed. Your smile and your wisdom rings through every one of my cells. I carry you with me as I prepare to visit with my hospice patients today (and every day into the future).
Return to the Land of Enchantment soon; your brief visit has warmed my heart.
White light and many Blessings to you !!
Diane B. ABQ

fluff said...

Been a long and busy day for me and I am tired but thinking about Dr. Sherry and all those who stop by here. I do hope you had a Grand Saturday. I worked in a big adoption event and bake sale I headed up for the shelter I volunteer at. Only one cat adoption but a lot of lookers. Great results on the bake sale and a lot of money donated for vet care for the shelter animals. Diane B, good to see your words and glad you were able to meet with Dr. Sherry and here her words. Welcome to this page. Glad you are here. Whooo - I am tried. So, just wishing each of you a peaceful and good night sleep and rest well. God Bless and see you in the morning. Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

Greetings on the wind dear friend. And thank you for the candle lit and the prayers. I feel them. Sometimes life is just hard but it is friends like you that make it better.
Hope you are home enjoying those babies and relaxing.
hugs on the wind friend.
EE