Wednesday, November 16, 2011

POSTCARDS AND "IDEAS" for Others!

REAL MEN
WEAR PINK
"FIGHT BREAST CANCER AND BE AWARE"
><
That Godson of mine has "Moxie"
and
his Mom
my beloved
CUZZIE
has a
great
IDEA
although she
can't seem to spell it or say it properly
and
loves to irritate me with saying
"I have an ideal"


Director Cuzzie Angie
does
have
a
great IDEA
and
I'm callin on all
Warriors
to help her bring some
JOY, laughter, delight
 to the
residents of
Pulaski VA
Pulaski Health and Rehab Center
where she now works!
Nope
that's not Cuzzie in the middle
with the grin *nope that not her*
Cuzzie,
Director Angie Loy is the one on the right!
She is lovin life with her residents and colleagues 
in
Pulaski VA
a little town in Southwest VA.
In the heart of New River Valley;
and
she has a new
and exciting plan of action
or
an
IDEA
if you will
of ways to engage and entertain the residents through more stories and photographs by taking them on virtual trips
through and with others.
C'mon warriors
let's share around the world
take folks on a journey from their chairs and beds
there in Pulaski VA
with my cuzzie
by sending postcards and notes
to them
...
imagine
the sensory experiences that can be gained...

...
Folks from around the world
who will send a postcard(s) from their homes
or places of interest
that Cuzzie Director
will then share with the residents
and
read the messages on the backs of those cards
and
then they will place them on a big ole' board
for the community to see!
AND
"all here and your friends from all around the world
can say you helped to make joy and fun"
happen in a special place for special folks
 in southwest Virginia...
This page is read by folks all around the world
and
we are indeed a page of
wonderful warriors here.
I know that many of you read but do not comment often,
but
often I get emails from all over
and
I stand amazed by all
honored
by each and every one
...
I also see those "statistics" that let me know that we have readers in
England, New Zealand, Iran, and just about everywhere
including Africa and Australia, Brazil, Germany...
and places of our
great country
so
I'm asking!
When you are out and about;
will you take the time
to pick up a postcard or twenty
and
just
fill up the mailman's bag
in that little town?
Give em something to
"talk about"
as Bonnie Raitt sings!
In the friendly skies
yesterday
as we neared
Cincinnati Ohio
and prepared to land
I then noticed the plane
change...
Delta was going
UP UP UP
as in changing its mind ???
As we went higher and higher
and then made a huge circle
the pilot came on the loudspeaker and said,
"Ladies and gentlemen, we were informed by the terminal that ALL OUR LANDING GEAR HAD NOT DROPPED AS WE WERE LANDING...
and we had to replace bulbs in our controls, we have now done that, and now know that all landing gear is working PROPERLY, and are now preparing for our
{safe}landing! We now know that ALL our landing gear is down, and we are NOW preparing for landing,
we should be safely on the ground in 5 minutes, thank you for flying Delta"
>>>><<<<
Well Delta,
just for once
I'd like you to
BORE ME on a flight!

Safely arriving I was met by the sedan man
of Executive Sedans, (Mike)
and
we had a delightful drive to
Dayton!
GOOD MORNING DAYTON!!!
I know look forward to a day
of
wonderment with
those at
Crossroads Hospice
as
together we
celebrate
National HOSPICE MONTH
...
I am honored to be with them
and
I look forward to speaking to them
today
and then head to
Cincinnatti
for another keynote tomorrow!
Cuzzie Ang
a Warrior
she is
and
now let's see if we can just
make her proud
with those postcards in the days and weeks and months ahead!
Perhaps if she were to get her
"swagga on" with a
"HAT"
it would help her with her
use of the word
"idea"?
But
I have to give it to her,
My girl has Moxie
and I am ever so proud of her!

Imagine how much fun this can be... you can send her postcards from all over, and with great sayings and messages for her and the residents:
"the weather is HERE wish you were beautiful"!!!
I got one of those once from a friend in the islands!

Together we can make some joy!!!
What a wonderful world!
So friends/warriors/readers:

Just send those postcards to:
 Angela Loy, Director of Activities
 Pulaski Health & Rehab Center
2401 Lee Hwy N
 Pulaski, VA 24301

As we approach the holidays,
I'm sure she and COB and the others there will have a blast
showing them to the residents and reading your messages
looking at the pictures
and
perhaps
they will even hear stories of
"back in the day"
or
"well I'll be, I'VE BEEN THERE"
or
"I think I know that person"
!!!
It is truly in our care and doing for others that we fill ourselves up in ways unimagined.
It is in caring, in stepping outside and breathing the crisp morning air or seeing a sunset that we behold all that we have to give to another
and
in those ways
we receive so very much.
I do hope you will join with others
in
overwhelming or just making "giddy"
the town of
Pulaski VA
where less than 10,000 call home, in the heart of
the New River Valley!
Many may remember
that
D'Vante and those Bobcats
played against the Pulaski Cougars for
bragging rights of the "BRIDGE"
and won this year!!!
Let's show
Pulaski VA
some love *while we overwhelm the US Mailman/woman*
and
share some sights of where warriors of gentle spirit hail from across the Nation and our world
when
you jump in on this
new
IDEA
and delight the senses
of those living
there
...
I believe the local newspaper is even interested in this as a human interest story to see if
our Director Cuzzie can get folks involved
and
we here
LOVE A CHALLENGE...
game ON
OK
friends
I have to find a store here in Dayton that sells postcards
and
I hope you will join me.

I wish you an outstanding day today warriors;
May the Creator bless you
and
hold you tenderly along your path today
as you reach, stretch
and
be
all that you are
I wish you enough!

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

IF YOU SEE SOMEONE WHO WORKS WITH HOSPICE, GIVE EM A "HIGH FIVE"
IT'S NATIONAL HOSPICE MONTH!
Call your congress/wo/man and
tell em
"LEAVE HOSPICE ALONE, NO MORE CUTS"
some things work
and
HOspice rocks!
REady, set, GO get those postcards, send one a day for a week. or even more...
hahahaha






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey out there everybody still asleep? Where is Irene in the old days she popped up on the blog as the #1 blogger. Come on sleepy head if I am up everybody should be up. I think the postcard idea is a great project to work on and to share with lots of people. I bet the good Dr. SES will send many on her world travels. Maybe it will take our minds off all of the ugly things going on in our World. I for one will encourage all my friends to send a post card. Happy days to all and many blessings.

Anonymous said...

Heh Heh Anonymous, been up since 4:30a.m. but had to get some work going here first before first break. You are up and running early today. Terrific!
Dr. Sherry, great idea that Cuz Angie has for those in VA. I will have to make sure and find a postcard from SE Michigan and send it on. So glad you made the safe landing in Ohio. Have a wonderful day today and I know all those there will be touched by your words of encouragement and joy. Prayers today for those often mentioned and for those who stop by this great place. Have a Blessed day friends - Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

hellooooooo.
love the postcard 'ideal'.. heehee.
looks like some fun to be had here.. and I love the visual in my mind of seeing happy folks as thet receive our postcards.. I know I enjoy getting mail that is not marked ' payment due".. I will be mailing my first one this afternoon !
Happy to hear of a safe landing, no kidding, I am starting to think DRSES needs to stay grounded for a bit.. hoping the rest of your trip is carefree and full of splendor. The folks you will meet will be surely glad they did !
Off to work I go, looking forward to 3 days off ahead for some much needed rest and recreation. Honeymoon Island is calling my name..
wishing all the best day ever.. ♥ hugging my angels ♥ sign me,
A.

Anonymous said...

Being the pragmatist that I am, I'm thinking of sending a bunch of post cards all written out, but in one envelope. Just sayin. Might mix in a few holiday cards as well. Thanks for the idea.

Proud Auntie Dot said...

Hey, hey out there, you should have seen Ms., Activities Director doing her thang at the Meet and Greet volunteer luncheon. She was da bomb. She greeted everyone with that beautiful smile and greetings. I bet that chair she was hanging onto was sweating as she said I think I am going to faint after it was over. I have never heard her making a speech and it was a wonderful, awesome experience. I am just so proud of her. She is a go getter and a wonderful person. Maybe her cuzzie rubbed off on her. Hope all will join in her adventure of the post cards. Blessings to all

Anonymous said...

Thank u all for the lov and help with this great IDEAL! We received our first postcard from Martinsburg, WV and boy was it beautiful Cuzzie next time plz don't pics up wo me giving u the okay! Lol. I almost feel out of my chair looking at that disney pic but thank goodness u found a skinner current one to add!! Hope u all have a beautiiful Blessed day~~Ang

Anonymous said...

Thank you friend. I feel the prayers. Hoping all is going well for you and the eagles are flying high.
hugs on the wind
EE