Tuesday, November 15, 2011

MOXIE {today}

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORD
"MOXIE"

and
what a great day for it!

GREAT PHOTO FOR
MOXIE
OR
BREAST CANCER AWARENESS

OR
Let's just stick with
moxie
MOXE
JumpMan Kam
sure knows
"MOXIE"
now that I think about it!
But he had some great teachers
and
today
as I prepare to fly
"Delta"
and
let them know how
I so love
SOUTHWEST
I'm sure that they will think
I have more than
"Moxie"
but again
we all learn from someone... or many someones
and things along the way!
Now speaking of wearing some outfits
and
hats
with
"flare"
and
since we just
celebrated
VETERANS DAY
and
since I have
just returned from
the
Land of Enchantment
where I visited a lovely little store
called
"Moxie's"
and
it was just lovely!
Might as well show you
some
real
MOXIE
That COB...
she sure does know how to dress
and
wear a hat on top of it
when she showed up
at the office of
Director Angie
to volunteer!
Oh my
what Moxie in action she was!

Seems we have a "thing for hats" in the family,
but then again, we do have some
MOXIE
too!
and for the kids
I am just joyous to watch as they develop their brains
and
their ability to
find their fit in those hats
and
walk their walk
in all that they think, say and do.
So far, so good...
they are funny, they are kind, and they are filled with spirit.
They are finding their own opinions
and
listening to their own music
finding their own
"beat"
but mostly
they are feeding
"the right wolf"
and
developing the right amount of
MOXIE
tempered with
still the right amount of
cautiousness
of their surroundings
and
that is a good thing!
We'll wear our hats... and we'll have our swag on!
Using words
with new enjoyment along the way
with
MOXIE
and
enjoyment
with each breath
along the day
and along the way!

I trust that you will join me today
and
"get your Moxie on"
with an attitude of great gratitude
and
fun too! 
 Moxie originated as a patent medicine called "Moxie Nerve Food," which was created around 1876 by Dr. Augustin Thompson of Union, Maine. Thompson claimed that it contained an extract from a rare, unnamed South American plant, which had supposedly been discovered by a friend of his, Lieutenant Moxie, who had used it as a panacea. Moxie, he claimed, was especially effective against "paralysis, softening of the brain, nervousness, and insomnia."

BUT
these days?
MOXIE is a word used for
"spirit/spunk"
or
courage and great gusto!!
A person with "moxie" often has
daring adventure
or
is of
great spirit
and
fun
and
just all around
"gutsy"
and
"bold"
><
Now, I like that!!!
"That's just the MOXIE I'm thinkin of"
today!

Thoughts will be of all
who enter here as
I look out over the tops of the clouds
this morning!
Blessings to all!

Walk In Beauty,
time to fly
DRSES
*Ohio bound this morning*





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moxie indeed! Love the hats doc. GREAT pics of the kids, and can see your influence all over them. They are some lucky little souls. Have a safe flight, enjoy your work. You are the bomb diggity!

Dot/Cob/Mom said...

Great Moxie pics. from a great lady flying off to the wild blue yonder so early this morning. I know you will wow them wherever you go and they will come out of their sessions with greater knowledge than when they went into the sessions. Good luck, God Bless and hurry home. We will miss you. There is not a whole lot will make you feel any better than putting on a great hat and your swagga on. Gets them every time. God Bless the USA. Great to see Justine Timberlake and the Marine that invited him to the ball on t.v. this morning and the fun she had with a star that took the time to honor the service men and women. Keep them safe and bring them home. Safe traveling and whole lot to you.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Sherry, so good to read your words and I love the pictures. The hats are great and looks like everyone in the family knows how to get their Moxie on. I wonder where they learned that Hmmm☺. Wishing you a safe flight and a great time while you are with those who will be there and the lives you will touch this week and the new friends you will meet. Sure hope that some day I can sit in an audience under your speaking. You will be closer this way in Ohio. I am not sure where but I thought I heard you were heading that way this week. I am about 30 minutes from the Toledo border. Well, got to run, busy day today. Prayers for all those mentioned here and special thoughts to EE as she heads toward some procedure in the near future. Also, those who stop by here wishing you a joyous and Blessed day. Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

Never heard of Moxie but it will def be in my vocab from this day forward. I love the pics! The ones of the boys are in Food Lion and we were all acting silly! They just know how I am about pics so they don't even bother to ask for me to be in one!! LOL
Hats you guys do love but I love my hair way to much to put a hat on it!! LOL I'd rather be like Beyonce and "Put a ring on it" not as in marriage though! I can do bad by myself!! LOL
I would like to ask a favor to the followers/warriors on this page.....I found a great ideal on an Activity Website and want to give it a try~~It's Called "Postcards From Around The World" I am requesting that everyone purchase a postcard from your city/state and send to my residents. Tell us what makes your city/state special and tell us alittle about yourself. I am going to put them on display to see how many we can get. Please share with all your friends!! Address it to Angela Loy Pulaski Health & Rehab Center 2401 Lee Hwy N Pulaski, VA 24301~
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE & I WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED~~
I think it's a neat ideal and the residents are excited to see how far away we will get one so be sure to share with your family and friends!!
Hope everyone has sweet dreams and God Bless you all~~
Love you Cuzzie