Sunday, January 24, 2010

SOOTHING SUNDAY MORNING


BEAR SPIRIT
Lily is resting in her den
Baby can be heard "squeeping"
Whew... and the world learns
kindness and celebrates the North American Black Bear!

Ah, Sunday morning finds Lily quiet in her den with less than 2,000 watching the live cam... my phone is quiet, Sunday morning and coffee in hand after checking on Lily ~ Biologists Lynn & Sue have updated the site at http://www.bear.org/ and let us know that there is one cub! They say Lily is doing what she should be; keeping the little one safe; feeding it, keeping it warm, and trying to rest. We've been assured they are safe from the howling coyotes and humans. Lily's days of leaving the den are over; she now will spend her time right there in the den, overseeing each vocalization of the babe; doing what Mom's do I suppose.  Watching her now is often what my best friend first remarked as, "watching paint dry" most of the time! BUT, you never know... every once in a while you get a peek of Lily's beautiful face, those eyes... and then of course there is the "squeeps" and the little arm of the baby! Who would want to miss a chance of seeing that right?

http://www.bear.org/ is filled with information about bears; about the research being done, videos and now have a gift shop for you to purchase the ever so cute Lily products... YES, of course I had to support bear.org by buying the "Held Captive by Lily Shirts"...

I had a wonderful email from my new fellow bear-friend Rick Cannon yesterday! I was honored that he loved the blog about Lily... so much so that he shared it with his family and friends. He shared with me that he had been inspired to write more of his thoughts and I was delighted. Didn't he have just a profound tribute to Lily yesterday?  And no, I didn't hear more from the women who thought I was "plugging myself"! HAHA... that was a first for me, I must admit, I have never been accused of that before...   oops, be right back, baby is "squeeping, might need therapeutic intervention"....


OK, all good with Lily, guess baby was just exercising its lungs this morning! Lily at times seems to rock gently and then magically the baby quiets... could it be she is rocking and warming and soothing the little one back to sleep? http://www.bear.org/ if you want to dig a little deeper into the wonder of bear world and vocalizations.

Back to my friend Rick Cannon; I want to share his lovely words and thoughts with you today: "Thanks Rick, you are a gift to both me and those who read this page!"

"...and so emerges from the monotonous hum of technology, the symphonic sound of a new life, the grunts, moans, cooing, and whining, the only form of communication between mother and child. Mother responds instantly to the relentless needs of her child and one can feel, as her baby feels, the range of emotions from the discomfort of hunger to the satisfaction of quenching that hunger just by listening to this cornucopia of vocalizations."

Now I don't know about you... but I'm thinkin that Rick is connected to our Lily and to the interconnectedness of the greater circle of life... and for that I give thanks and So It Is!!! Blessings to you Rick and I am sure that Lily thanks you as well...

Lily now has 59,884 fans on Facebook! haha
Go Lily ... I bet the author and now "success coach and multi-millionaire Jack Canfield is scratching his head wondering how in the world can he develop a new marketing strategy ...  the majority of these fans have sat spellbound, some have had a fear of the black bear requiring therapy; some have never ventured into the woods for fear of meeting the ole Black Bear while others can't stay out of the wood and mountains hoping for a glimpse.  Still others are teaching their children of the wonderment of our North American Black bears; classrooms all over the country have been teaching about Lily, showing the live cam and children's eyes have been wide in excitement. Me... I've blogged, I've kept the phone hot and had so many laughs with Joan and others that it's felt like Christmas! One reader has discovered Lily, Patti Labelle and American Idol all in one week...

Life is truly amazing isn't it? Every Day Is A Gift, just waiting for us to have the courage and excitement to open it and embrace it in all of its possibilities...

I even had the opportunity to meet Rick Cannon this week, thanks to Lily! She is giving humans an opportunity they wouldn't have had were it not for those wonderful people who came up with the idea to install a web cam in her den so that the world could watch, learn and listen.

I suppose life is truly like school... we are all here to learn, to teach and to absorb. WE only have to open our hearts, our heads, our mind and our gut.

MIND-BODY-SPIRIT CONNECTION

We are all connected to all living things and thanks to Lily many are hopefully getting it... really getting it... we are all connected to all living things and we are not that far removed from the four-leggeds nor they from us!
That baby cub makes sounds just like an infant needing to be fed, needing to be loved, needing to be changed.

Lily is much more adept, advanced: perhaps humans should pay very close attention! For as Rick said yesterday; those babies will be given all that they need in a mere 18 months to go out in their world and survive and thrive based on the teachings of their Mother, Lily the North American Black Bear ~ ~ ~

Wishing you a soothing and beautiful Sunday ~ Hope you are safe in your den!  Keep those thoughts, questions and comments coming! Don't forget to visit Lily at: http://www.bear.org/ and dip into your money jar if you can! Did I mention how many fans Lily now has on Facebook?hahahahaha ~ ~ ~ c'mon Lily send them my way, to "Bear" your spirit human... heehe

LAUGH, LOVE, LIFE AND PLAY WITH WILD ABANDON, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WEAR TIGHT SHOES

Walk in Beauty

author of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss & Life

http://www.healingheartaches.com/
http://drsherryeshowalter.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am enjoying checking in on Lilly and cub too. Thanks for the update. You come up with such amazing and interesting stuff. Love the blogs... Read them every day. Any suggestions for those of us who are caring for someone who is very slowly dying? Am a care taker and can't decide if I am grieving, or excepting, or just to damn tired all the time to decide. Any suggestions on how I can sort this all out.

DRSES said...

DEar Anonymous... you are doing one of the hardest jobs in the world, and yes I would suggest you are grieving, each and every minute of each day... professionally they call it, "anticipatory grief". finding moments and times of rest, respite, others to sit with your loved one will be of great help and necessary for you to keep doing what you are doing. Blessings to you dear one. I am honored that you are enjoying the blogs and sweet Lily. YES, you are exhausted I am sure, caregiving is one of the hardest jobs you will ever do, but at some point you will look back and be amazed at all you have learned and all the gifts you both gave and received as a result of it. Have you asked hospice to come in to do an informational interview & assessment? they offer wonderful support to not just the patient, but to the caregiver as well, you may want to also see of other resources in your area, faith community... caring.com is a great site to inquire about resources as well. I hope the blogs are a good respite for you! Please take time for YOU...
Thanks again, for visiting this page, holidng you in thoughts today.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Ses, how great for you to follow the bear thru all of lifes happening. The info. you are giving us is great. I am so happy to be a part of the experience the bear is going thru. We have Black bears roaming the woods and at the River in Va.. I have not experienced the joy or excitement of seeing the bear but the neighbors have seen it walking down the trail and just having a good time. Dont know what I would do if it was in my La home yard. They say they can run very fast, I know I cant run fast. I have also heard if you dont bother them they will not bother you only if they feel threatened if their Cubs are with them, they are beautiful and I am enjoying your blog. Thanks for all of the information you are sharing. Keep on keeping on.