Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy News!



Happy Day = Happy Thoughts

It's a beautiful and crisp morning here in Tarpon Springs! Yesterday found Jeepers falling backwards into the pool ~ ~ ~ yes, I saved his little silly self! The others just stood there looking quite perplexed as he struggled to get out of the water though! He was quite scared, his little heart just a thumpin! I don't remember moving so quickly as I grabbed him and yanked him from the shallow end of the pool while realizing that his little 4 pound self couldn't maneuver the stairs alone. Good lesson for the four-leggeds and for me . . .

Mental Note: poms can't get out of pool unassisted. Got it!~
OK, dried Jeepers and soothed his little (*usually quite large, ego) while the others laughed!

Now on to the greatest of news...

1. Received an email from a dear and lovely woman named "J" whose son Chris is mentioned in Healing Heartaches... guess you'll have to read it to know who he is! Anyway "J" has been undergoing treatment for Cancer and has just had her PET scan... She wanted me to know that:
SHE IS CANCER-FREE!!!!

Can I get an "AMEN", a "WHAT WHAT" a "Praise God I feel like Singin' here"... Well I have to tell ya, I read that email, the tears filled my eyes, I krumpled my kleeenex and then proceeded to enlist the four-leggeds in singing and dancing around the lanai with songs of praise and gratitude!!! I am so grateful and happy I could just scream, and scream shouts of praise I did.... "J, I am so happy for you dear one, keep on keeping on ... your attitude during this has been remarkable, you are an inspiration and I know that Chris has helped along the way" Thank you for emailing me with this wonderful news. I am sure everyone reading this will be sending you energy of health and strength as you dance on with the wonderful rhythms of life here in Palm Harbor"

More happy News today:

My Godson Kamryn who is 8 years old (and looks like a mini-me of Obama) is indeed the next Michael Jordon. He scored 18, count it out, 18 points in his last basketball game in Radford Virginia and is going to be a part of the travelling "RADFORD ROOKIES" playing basketball!~~!~~~ Right now they are busy raising money for this endeavor by selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts! hahaha  too bad the Godmother isn't there, I do love me some Krispy Creme glazed doughnuts! White mans' Indian food I call em'! heehe  My Kamryn, I've watched his passion for basketball since he was just about 2 years old; we've watched him with tiny basketballs and the little hoops that fit over doors and cost $4.95; he has focus, determination and can shoot 3's like you've never seen for a little kid ~ He and I've watched "Space Jam" at least a hundred times, with him knowing all the words and the songs! And yes, it is Kamryn in Healing Heartaches for those of you who have read the book, and for those who haven't ... well will have to order it at the link below and catch up! So, send Kamryn some good thoughts now as he travels with the Rookies! It's a first for kids in his age group to be doing this... what an exciting time for a 8 year old... who also happens to be the "next" Michael Jordon~!~~

Ah... can't forget Lily the Black Bear! Lily is resting, this morning it is some kinda cold in MN. Lily has got snow on her back but she continues to tend to the babe, who's cries and snorts and "squeeps" can be heard on the cam. The viewers have dropped considerably now that the birth is over, but the die-hards still watch, waiting to glimpse the baby and still delight in seeing Lily ~ ~ ~ She still has surpassed Jack Canfield, author of Chicken Soup For The Soul and Success Coach with her fans on Facebook!

Twitter is ever busy, and it is hard to keep up, but I have met Tony Gaskins, an author and speaker. He was featured on Oprah and Tyra 'Banks. A lovely young man of 25 with a wonderful book out and he also lives in Tampa. I look forward to emailing him soon and continuing to enjoy his thoughts. "Everyone falls down, but not everyone gets up. GET UP" that is one of Tony's quotes!!!

I read Tony's quote and thought... you know, Granny could have been famous in this age of technology. Just think about it... we have Oprah, Kelsey Crammer, Tony Gaskins, Deepak, Tony Robbins, Jack Canfield, Wilma Mankiller, Ellen, Whoopie, Simon, and all these folks...
and then we have had Granny... who would have said,

"keep your head held high even when your butt drags the ground" Now I don't know about you, but that quote should have equal billing of inspiring, uplifting and "keeping it real" don't ya think!!!

Have yourself the best day ever... that ought to really make others look at you and wonder what you are up to~!

Walk In Beauty

author of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss & Life

autographed copies available at:


also now available at amazon!


3 comments:

Angie said...

Great Blog as always Cuz...Oh how I miss Granny and her sayings. One I never understood but always acted like I did was "Never take a wooden nickel" Now I know it means don't take no BS!! I always enjoyed listening to Granny and her stories. I can remember when I first moved to Chicago and I met a great friend named Rico. Granny had come up to visit and we were sitting around her like lil kids and she was telling Rico how her daddy used to kill chickens for dinner! I thought Rico's eyes would pop out of his head. He swore he would never eat another piece of chicken and I bet he doesn't to this day!!!
Glad Jeepers survived his swim!!! Kam laughed and laughed and then said "I hope he is okay!!"
Luv ya Cuz~~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the most recent cancer survivor. That alone makes today special. My heart goes out to J, all best wishes for a long and beautiful future. Good health to you.
Thank you for your uplifting blog today. Always great to read. Funny story about the puppy. Can he swim? Looking forward to next blog as always.

Linda said...

I cannot remember hearing so much Happy News in one day! Thanks for sharing. GO KAMRYN!
Counting down to eating my 1st Krispy Creme doughnut with my 1st viewing of American Idol....