Friday, February 24, 2012

Coffee, and Rain, Eyes don't lie

Coffee's good this mornin
and
the
Gratitude is
ON!
Happy Friday
as
I sit here and look out at the skies
that are filled with that
"gloom/gray"
just knowing
that the rains
are about to fall
as the birds are tellin me
that the wind
is ready to move aside for a
drenching that is bound to last all day long here.
The Redbird
has made a visit
its message of
hello and others singing their song
this morning
as
points to ponder
on a Friday
are moving into my head
*I am hopeful that the sun will break through any minute*;
with the changes of the
barometric pressure of the storms!
I am filled with such gratitude
for so many things
even through the last days of so much pain in and through life
with the news of 31 soldiers losing their lives defending our country overseas;
7 soldiers recently who died in AZ as they were doing drills.
I thank them, their families
I honor their service.
I am grateful to so many who
volunteer across our country
for the many who are truly ill,
disabled,
who are fighting
cancer and other devastating and life changing and altering illnesses.
I stand in such awe
of so many
who each day
"choose"
to get up, regardless of their pain
or circumstance
and
get out there and make a difference
in the lives of others
and
continue to
STOMP
in the knowledge
that if you do not give to others
you do not have anything
nor
do you have that very
spark
that makes each of us stronger
in our greatness to give to others.
Today
I celebrate the beauty
in all those
that
"choose" to embrace
life
in all its beauty,
as
I realize it is indeed a choice
and
"free will"
that
God/dess has given each of us
to
"choose"
be involved in life
regardless of how others may "think" we should do something.
Many live their lives in a box, many will find courage to color outside the lines,
and some will throw the box away;
knowing we are all a part of a never ending circle
of life
and
life is to be enjoyed
teachers are to teach,
and
when the student is ready
the teacher will appear!
"Sotori"

Today
on a day where it looks like the skies are ready to open up
and
the rains just wash away
all the dirt of the week
and
cleanse it all,
I am thankful
for all that ever has been,
all that is
and
all that is yet to come.
I wish you a day of beauty

A day that is yours
to
Make "great choices"
and
to "own" them.
Yes, we are still having to hear the press talk about Whitney Houston,
as much as we love the song
"I Will always Love YOU"
it is wearing now on my nerves.
The story line, the ugliness and the speculation
has long worn old, tired, and rather disgusting.
Whoever sold that picture now covering the tabloids has no conscious
no moral fiber
and
I am certain that it will fly off the shelves
as will the money fly from the pocket of the sick and twisted person who took the picture.
BUT
make no mistake,
there will be others who die of fame, of great stature,
and
soldiers whose families will weep as taps are played,
people who will die of prescription drug overdoses and families who will hold their heads in their hands with great shame and confusion not understanding how in the world this could happen.
AND survivors will emerge into the light
when they regain their balance
and
only when they "choose" to rejoin the marvlous dance of life
with support, guidance, and those qualified to truly assist
in ways that are helpful and those who are genuinely there to
stand by them along the journey
through the darkest hours.
Just saying,
The Centers for Disease Control
has reported that
15,000 people die annually from prescription drug overdoses.
Those are numbers and we need to make changes, interventions, education;
that should be talked about on the news
rather than repeated exposure
to
now what is known
of
a singer that the world knew and loved
and her darkest times
and Dr DRew and his speculations of those in the limelights or Nancy Grace and speculations
...
and
today is
then end of a week,
FRIDAY

a time to get your
RELAX on
a time for enjoying your friends, families, kiddies, 4 leggeds.
I don't know about YOU
but
I'm ready for some good times,
ready for a little less of that thing called stress
and a lot more of that brilliance of
bliss!
A time for restoring the brilliance of you,
for doing something real tender for you
so that you can do for others.
And
a time for choices,
a time for friends,
for
LAUGHS
for
balance
but
know that the choices YOU make
are always important and will often
make or break you and those you love...
When you look into the eyes
of one you love
look with honor
with truth
and
with knowing
YOU are
all that
YOU
say and do.
Might be a great time
to hit the movies
and
see
"Good Deeds"
that new and just out
by
Tyler Perry!
YOU all know I love me some
Tyler Perry!
Whether as Tyler or Madea,
just love him!
Now the Godsons will tell you,
I do a "mean Madea myself"
causing them to just fall to their knees
at times!
So get out there
and
enjoy yourselves...
...

EYES
see into the soul!
It's Friday
it's time for some good times
and
we all have to keep reaching for
something MORE
are YOU ready?
...


Walk In Beauty
DRSES
keepin it Real



7 comments:

Irene M said...

I guess I have to be FIRST this day
Read the blog and the only line you did not repeat to us was:
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED.
So, I am gonna say that and mean it for my life today and the weekend. I took a DEEP breath, I performed at mean STOMP and am gonna hit the road of gratitude.
My seniors await ! Always, FIRM

DrSES said...

Good Friday to you Warrior Firm,
now I know the sun has just said hello as I see it coming through the grey of morning and here you are first to comment...
TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED INDEED!
have yourself a fantastic weekend with the Q-tips of Florida... and enjoy always!

Q-tip said...

You CRACK me right up, Sherry...

fluff said...

Hello Dr. Sherry and friends - Irene, I love seeing you getting your day filled with doing for others. That is such a Blessing and I love that motto "Too Blessed to be Stressed" For sure that is the thought for today. I am grateful when I think about my Grandson who came home safe from Afghanistan last month. He was here for 4 weeks and left Monday for Virginia for 6 months. So grateful and thankful he came home safe from war So many don't make it home and I pray for their family and friends. I know their hearts are heavy for such a loss. God Bless those that serve and protect and their families.

Yep, it is Friday and I have 3.1/2 Hrs and will be off for the weekend Yeah!!! Also, grateful we did not get the 2-6 inches of snow forcasted over night - we did get about 1 inch but it has warmed up above freezing and is just rainy out now. Yeah!!!

Excited about tomorrow doing a fun Fluffee event and know it will be a good one. I will enjoy time spent with my colorful Fluffee friends.

Going to the shelter tonight - A friend is adopting a choclate lab we have had as a stray for a few weeks. Her name is Zsa Zsa and she is very sweet. This friend has alredy adopted 2 great cats and now wants a dog to complete their furry family. I am anxious for them.

Well, got to quit babbling and get some more work done here. You all take care and enjoy this wonderful and Blessed Friday and hope it is a Fantabulous Friday for you and the weekend will be full of smiles and joy. Be well friends.
/Sandy♥

Dot said...

Tornado warnings with high winds until 4pm. today here in Virginia. I am going to destress by going to lunch with sister and niece. I had a rough day yesterday being with my friends who had to put down their border collie Taz after loving her for 12 yrs.. It was a sad ocassion for them. I went to the vets. office and met them and stayed with them while she was going to Cross over the Rainbow. She is running after motor cycles, UPS delivery and many deer and squirrels today and not having any hurt. Her mom and dad left here is and will be in a hurting place for sometime. I call them each day to see how they are doing. They are dear friends. Irene, I love the TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED. You are Firm today and always. I stopped by the Pulaski Rehab. and helped a resident make a necklace and bracelet, he was so happy. We tried to get him to tell who he would present the gifts too but mum was the word. It was great fun always to help the residents. It breaks my heart to know of the families who have lost their loved ones in the war their people who are protecting us each day and night. God be with them. Our prayers go out to the families and loved ones left behind. Make the tornado go away. The sun is shining brightly and hoping for a wonderful day. God bless USA. The cardinal said hello early this morning. Blessings to all.

fluff said...

Awww Dot, I am so sorry to here about the loss of your friends dog Taz. Surely Taz is enjoying his time running around over Rainbow Bridge and spending time in the sunshine. in no pain and has made a bunch of new furry friends. That is so very difficult losing that furry friend you love so much for so long.

I am praying you are safe from the Tornado and all will be well. It makes me happy to read how you stop and help those seniors who don't have many visitors and some never have any. God Bless you for doing that and showing them how much you care. Take care Dot, have a nice lunch with family, and be safe! /Sandy♥

DrSES said...

Sandy, you thank that Grandson of yours for all of US for his service, his sacrifices and for keepin us safe and free!

yes Virginia, the winds are kickin up so all tuck in and stay safe up there on the East Coast and in the Southwest of the commonwealth... think those senate members might have stirred too much controversy this week with those men and their decisions to take away women's chocies and rights in the process...

condolences to the humans of a great companion 4 legged named TAZ now running free in spirit land...

blessings on the suns rays and breezy winds from FL to all here today and a "TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED" indeed FIRM I did forget!!!

Be well...