Thursday, February 2, 2012

Patti Labelle really got me last night...Spirit/Tears/Love

Patti Labelle
"All you have to do is
come as YOU are"


Ms Patti walked on the stage;
and my heart dropped!
Yes yes she was
PATTI;
she was the "diva"
the
elegant and remarkable
Patti Labelle
But...
I've loved and seen and been with
Patti through the years;
I have a keen sense
and
I could tell that
Patti was walking on to that stage
heart broken and in tremendous pain
last night.
It took my breath away
and
I hurt for her.
Patti is a woman of great strength
and
she
sang like the legend she is...
BUT
I knew, and it pained me
and at the same time
she filled my soul!
So
it was a night
of spirit filled music
of
seeing once again
"my Patti"
and it filled my heart!
Oh yes, I was close to her, so close I could feel her energy, her pain, and at times the music carried her
to places
where I've been before in my soul
and
again last night I went there again
and
it filled me up!
And
I worry so about the beloved
Patti Labelle
who now has diabetes
who has severe back pain
and
who let everyone know last night
she is now
68 years YOUNG
and
still standing!
Of course she walked on that stage
with
"attitude"
and those 6" heels!
And don't you just know
they were
just like the ones
that the crew place on Oprah's feet at her tapings
of her shows!!!
RED SOLED INDEED
but
our Patti knows how to work em
and
walk in em
and
still can bust a move while wearing them!
Sorry Oprah,
but
true is true!
Just imagine...
those legs
those shoes
and
red soles!
WAHT UP OPRAH?

I want me some red soles shoes... but probably I would do better with some
like Kamryn's ... you know
Michael JOrdon sneakers with red soles
so I am not too far off the ground!
Patti is a little thing,
but with those shoes
oh my
she is as tall as one could imagine!
She is
just simply
PATTI
and
oh what a gift to the music scene
and
to those who genuinely love her
and
are filled by her songs, her life
her
brilliance of stage
and
her voice!
><
AND
yes,
she took me
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
...
and I thanked her for it
as
I loved her and gave her a copy of
Healing Heartaches.

Patti gave her all, her muscians gave Patti all she needed
to in turn give her audience more than they expected.
But those of us
there that really know
Patti,
we are worried,
we
LOVE HER
and
We'll Stand by HER
...
She sang
"Two STeps Away"
and
she really got me with her rendition of the night
with a guitarist on one side
her bass player on the other
and her sitting on a stool.
I just lost it.
She touched me in a way
that made me realize
...
well let's just leave it at that.
Patti, you really got me last night,
and
Yes
I love you too.
><
We're all just two steps away!
"Take your time Patti, just take your time"
...
It was good to be remembered by that
big ole' Teddy Bear Bodyguard of Patti's
and
I am ever so glad he takes such great care
of
Patti!
Love you baby boy!!!

Walk on Ms Patti
YOU ARE TRULY
AN INSPIRATION
A
GIFT
AND
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
OH how I miss that
wild hair
she used to delight us with!
Talk about a "trend setter"
or
"walking/dancing to the beat of a different drum"
...
Yep
that is Patti!
LOL
We've sure had some times
and
what a class act delivering some powerful songs
><
Sing Patti, SING YOUR SONGS!!!

I'm just filled with the spirit
and
feel like I'm sitting right in the middle of a rainbow
as
last night I tripped the rainbow from one end to the other!
BUT
tonight
Laura and Mitch
are giving us our Christmas present
and
I am sure to trip to the other side of that rainbow
or take up my seat
right in the middle of it
as
I return to
Ruth Eckerd Hall
to
listen to
none other than
WILLIE NELSON!!!
Can you even imagine
my sensory overload this week?
hahaha
Oh but to be in my head/heart/nervous system!!!
I'll be over the rainbow,
reflecting
 on time with Patti
enjoying
OLD FRIENDS
beautiful memories
and
in my way of thinkin
it just doesn't get any better ....


I wish you all that I am blessed to feel today!
Walk in Beauty,
DRSES
still listening to Patti in my heart
and filling the neighborhood with
a combination
of her and Willie
...
Now that is a duo I would love to hear!
Heaing
and
seeing all
clearly!
to order your book
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hellooooooo.
I must say I can feel all of the energy, the spirit and the music sitting right here... words are powerful and delightful and sometimes, words can also move the soul the same way music does.
Ms. LaBelle could not ask for a more beautiful, honorable tribute than that which you have written.
Her voice is fantastic, sounds so pure even after so many years. We should all be blessed to age so elegantly.
I am happy that you had an evening full of joy... you sure deserve it.
Willie ? wow, yep .. your voice will be out of whack for a few days for sure.. all that stomping in only two days...
wishes for another great eve with great friends, and best to all who visit here !
hugging my angels, ♥ ♥
sign me, A.

Anonymous said...

What I would not give to have been sitting that close. I can just hear her now. She is a class act and a real beauty.
hugs on the wind
EE