Friday, February 3, 2012

WHISKEY RIVER and WILLIE NELSON!

Willie Nelson's Guitar
WILLIE NESLON
the
ORIGINAL "OUTLAW"
the
master "storyteller"
the prophet of our times
just strolled on stage with his ole' friends
and
picked up that ole guitar, his trusted friend
and
with a look and a move of his fingers:
we were there!
"WHISKEY RIVER TOOK OUR MINDS"
into a night of
remarkable
Willie!

It was a night of memories, of watching Willie and being amazed at his genius, and OMG, his mastery through the years...
He's been called a modern day prophet
since I can remember,
his way with words
and
his voice
his storytelling through that guitar and ability to tell stories that leave you wanting more.
Last night and 78 years old now
was no exception!
His voice powerful
and his carpel tunnel surgery seems to have made his skills on that guitar better than ever
as he threw some notes and picked that guitar to give it
the worn look and hole he shows proudly!
His sister Bobbie ran across those ivories on that piano
like she did in her youth
wearing her signature hat
and
taking her place at the piano!
Willie would turn to her and then
nod his head... his baby sister did her magic!
Oh boy would she then just take off on those keys
and do much more than
"tickle the ivories"
she made them talk to you!

She took my breath away
each time
she took command of the stage and the audience
as they went wild listening to her!
AND
of course there was
Mickey Rafeal the harmonica player!!!
"Oh how I love some Mickey"
and remember with such fun
all those years they would tour in DC
and times behind stage where I would just
enjoy so much
and that Mickey is still just as fierce now as he was then!
He is just off the chain remarkable
and can make that juice harp
do things that take your heart
and
Willie's words to new depths of understanding!

Willie
with Paul English on the Drums
...
Oh what a night,
and
he didn't give you time to take a breath
as
he moved from one song and one setting that guitar on fire
to
the next!
The audience were like jumping jacks
on their feet to show him how much he is loved
how much his music is appreciated through the years
and
the hoops and hollers and whistles with each beginning strike of a chord or each sound of the piano, harmonica
or
beat of the drum
Willie knew
that most of those there
"appreciated and have sat in many a bar, a home, a boat"
and
listened and been there with him through the years!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZaZqx9v3dU

ONe after the other
Willie sang em,
we all LOVED HIM
AND
HIS MUSIC!

And
he played/sang right up until he left the building!
Enjoy
"You Don't Think I'm Funny Anymore"
cos'
Willie had a blast singin it last night!

hahaha

It was a night filled of Willie and his family! And a night of great friends together, to celebrate the wonder of Willie and relive some memories that are just too good to write about!
When you have the time
and
want to hear a modern day prophet tell of life
of
ups/downs/arounds
and
with such poetry in living
take a journey of musical wonder
through the years of
Willie Nelson!
He's not getting any older I've decided
he's just
WILLIE NELSON
and
last night they were selling all sorts of things of his merchandise that folks were purchasing like crazy.
The one thing I think is a darn good idea said this:

WILLIE NELSON FOR PRESIDENT 2012
PAUL ENGLISH FOR VICE
...
Willie sang many of my most favorite songs last night
he dusted some off from years ago,
each with a rawness of the Outlaws
as he sang one for Waylon
as he sang
"Me N Paul" for Paul English
 what a life they've lived~

and
then he sang this:
and
once again
I lost my breath and was lost in time
for awhile:

So
welcome to the week-end
i hope it is spectacular!
Perhaps I should jump in the car to West Palm Beach
and
catch Patti Labelle as she is performing there tonight!!!
JUST KIDDING!!!!!
I'm thinking I'll just enjoy this day
and
give the neighbors a musical delight
as I crank the volume even higher
after giving the 4 leggeds earplugs
and
enjoy
Patti Labelle and Willie
as
I continue
to stay blessed with the musical blessings
of the legends
that I was with the last two nights!

May you enjoy all that is waiting for you!
STOMP
Walk in Beauty
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches

*I had a fabulous outrageous times friends, thank you so much...
and
to my friends Michael and Kevin of security: you are fantastic, and I appreciate you! Look forward to seeing you again*









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hellooooo.Another fanatstic night for you and your dear friends,
big smile here as I imagine you all stomping and jamming out with Willie and friends. Although I was never a
huge fan of country ( being a stoid yankee and all that , heehee )
I have always enjoyed Willie Nelson and the patriotism he stood for..
cannot believe he is still rocking out
at 79, his messages still being heard
across the country he takes so much pride in. Keeping it real seemd to work well for him.
Off to to, just had to check in to hear of your evening, thanks for an uplifting read..
wishing all a fantastic friday, angel blessings for everyone, hugging my
angels, ever so close ♥ ♥
sign me, A.

Irene M said...

I held on to my seat as I read your "oh-so-excited" descriptions of the last 2 nights of music, memories & monsterous uplifting notes of two giants in the voice field. Whew....... hope that said it all. So happy you were blessed and enjoyed. Weekend here, Super Bowl, Super weather, super everything. Stay safe, happy & FIRM

Anonymous said...

Dr. Sherry, I so enjoyed your words yesterday about Patti and today about Willie - to of my favorite musical artists also. I know that you must be exhausted with all the excitement and singing you do for two days in a row. What a grand experience that had to be. Two of the best so close together. They are getting up their in age and still going strong and that is great. I am happy you had such a great time.

Wishing you and all those who stop bere a wonderful and Blessed day. Let's get this weekend started - Yeah!!

Sandy/Fluff♥

Anonymous said...

What could be better than Patti and Willie back to back? Awesome week doc. Rest up, lots of excitement. Who says concerts are for kids????

Anonymous said...

oh I do love me some Willie. :) Greetings on the wind friends., EE here in Co enjoying the sounds of willie and Patti Labelle. I wish I could have just watched you watching those great singers doc for I could just see you jumping out of your seat and cheering.
Hope all are doing ok
EE

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHhhhh What a night! It was awesome, friends were/... as always FABULOUS to be with! I don't quite know which was more exciting- watching Willie or the Doc! But he sure knows how to do it right! Always on my mind! Thanks for a great evening! XOXO!