Tuesday, February 21, 2012

If you would Lie...


Ever been to
"parts unknown"?

Terrific Tuesday here
with thoughts to stir you
or
black coffee to
get you moving
as
I watch the 4-leggeds do
their very own 
NASCAR race round the pool!
I'm thinkin of an expression I heard long ago from a trusted friend,
"if a person will lie, they will cheat, if they will cheat, they will steal,
and
if they will steal,
they are not to be trusted,
and
if they are not to be trusted
I will never know them as a friend
but
I will always watch them closely!
Sage wisdom
that can take you in your mind
to
places unknown at times
and
when you are lied to
at time that to will take you to
places unknown in your heart
and
in your meaning system.
When lies are uttered the one doing the lying must then keep up with the lies told, in order to cover up, or keep up with what will ultimately ripple
and
ultimately lead into a life of lies
and
usually those lies will be all about
nothing in the great scheme of things.
But it makes one wonder,
are they the result of
shame?
Of wishing things were different,
but yet not wanting someone else to think badly of them?
Or
perhaps wanting to feel important,
or
better
or
more
or
less
or make someone else feel less
or think more highly of the one who is lying?
Or the big time liars of course
are the ones who are trying to get out of something, those who make promises they have no intention of keeping...
OR
those who want to make money on the backs of others I suppose.
It does make one wonder,
why in the world would a person lie,
when the truth is so much easier
and
after all
the truth will set you free!
Freedom isn't free
we all know that,
but
a persons' honor is in their words
in
their intent
in their essence and their honest interactions with self and other.
Teach one Reach One.
And if we work from an honest place
we breed honesty
and
truth.
We teach by example
we Lead by example
In truth all things are possible.
From the infant child
through the life span in truth we are strong
and
able to stand with our heads high
and our integrity intact.
When you ask a person if the sun is shining
it becomes a sad day
when you hear the answer
but
then must go outside to be sure you have indeed been told the truth.
I want to trust... to believe...
and I do believe!
I believe that a lot of people
have gone to
parts unknown
but I cannot imagine that they have sold their soul
just to save their moment in their mind.
It never ceases to amaze me
when
folks are blindsided
by
what they do or say
or believe from others
rather than from ones who they know speak the truth
or
are known by their integrity
and
their honor.
It seems that many no longer seek or speak truth
and no longer value
honor or ethics or integrity
and
I have to wonder
where have those values gone.
Perhaps to
Parts unknown?

Keepin it real
and
prayin that you are too!
Take a listen and a look to
a man I have admired for many many years
Dr Carl Hammerschlag
one of my "heros'"

Walk In Beauty
DRSES




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Mornin Doc,
You are so right. So my take on it is that liars think that they will never be found out because 1) they think the are smarter, more clever, than the one they lie to, or 2) they always lie, so the truth is never an issue for them. Liars lie. It's just that simple. Once a person is known to me as I liar, I have no respect for them. They suck the life out of me. I hope today, you encounter only truth tellers. In my book, they are few and far between. STOMP

Anonymous said...

If you lie, you steal, and then you kill. I have been lied to so many times it takes me a long time to trust people. Even a little white lie is not permissable in my life. If you cant tell me the truth dont tell me at all. People dont think when they are questioned to be careful about your answer because it will stay with the person a long time. I always tell the truth because I know I will get caught. When you get caught the person you are talking to will never forget. I have had lies told to me in my lifetime that I will never forget. I can usually tell now when people are lying to me, just watch their face and eyes. They tell a lot about a person. As they say the truth will set you free. Have a bright sun shine day. Irene, get up out of that bed and STOMP. We miss you. To all I wish bright sun shine and plenty of rainbows for today and always.

DrSES said...

Good morning "Anonymous 1 & 2" ... yes they will suck the life out of your air space, leave you in "parts unknown" make you shake your head after applying a band aid to your spirit and your heart, and peeving you off, once you get past your shock and dismay...

STOMP

Those "little white lies" often turn to issues of forgiveness and at times we "forgive all that forgiveness will allow"

Perceptions can be stranger than reality
and if we want to really learn to lie this is the season as we watch and listen to promises being maade on the political trails and such...
BUT it is the lies and deceptions of others and those we trust that impact the most...
be well warriors
STOMP

fluff said...

Very good words today Dr. Sherry - thank you so much. I have known people who have lied to me and I have a family member who is a chronic lier. I do not trust anything she says even if I think she is telling a truth because I know her all too wellover the years. I am a very perceptive person and can usually tell if someone is telling me a lie. My Grandpa and then my Mom always said they "two people in this world they hate and that is a thief and a liar but the thief is better because when the thief dies the steeling stops but when the liar dies those lies are there forever." Good thought to carry on.
Wishing everyone here a delightfully wonderfull day of joys and special Blessings. Hope you are feeling well and all is good. Brrr, it is cold again here today in SE Michigan 23° right now and rain/snow showers forcasted for today. Tis supposed to warm up though later on today and warmer the rest of the week in 30s & 40s. I hope it is good where you are. /Sandy♥

DrSES said...

Greetings Sandy from a sun filled Florida today... Sage words from your wisdomkeepers, and words to
STOMP with today.
Best of all things to those in chilly Michigan today... the state of some fine and hard workin warriors indeed and the home of
MOTOWN I might just mention!
Thank you for being here and spreading the word of our page and Healing Heartaches as well!

Irene M said...

Morning, morning. Be true unto thyself. Serious and truthful thoughts the last few days. The writings of Dr. SES are back in the swing of what I remember. (Making my peanut head EXPLODE)
I do not lie, I cannot do it, it shows all over my face & eyes.
...... and why lie at all ? Nothing, no one creeps into my world to warrant an untruth. I am trying to keep a light and airy head about me today, so I will end this with: wind blowing allergy particles, so I am EYE MATTER, lol

DrSES said...

Hello FIRM, and yes those allergies are just about to green us all to sneezing fits not to mention turn our cars into a messs... u tryin to tell me something here ?????
hahaha I hear ya!
Be well, STOMP and take best care of YOU

Anonymous said...

helloooooo.
" you can't hide them lying eyes"
once a liar, always a liar, and that's the TRUTH !!
My Dad used to say to us when we were very young, when we were caught in the act of something mischievious... to make sure we were telling the truth.. " show me your tongue .. huh ?? when you tell a lie there is a black line in the center of your tongue.. "
Sure enough, we would scoot to the nearest mirror to look and see if he were right..and of course, then we would be nailed..
I agree, there is no such thing as little "white lies". However, if someone says,' how are you ?'
or asks, " do I look fat "..
yes, I am guilty of sometimes fibbing to them, my intentions being
to spare feelings.
I would not weave that web of lies...
not worth it,
enjoyed the read today as usual..
heading to catch a few rays before work.. and YES , for real, the sun is
shining !
Best of all good things to everyone today,
hugging my angels.. ♥ ♥
sign me, A.

DrSES said...

Enjoy the sun "A" off to look in that mirror several should be and then hugging the angels indeed or asking them to come and surround!
Blessings on the most radiant sun to you and your angels...

Anonymous said...

greetings on the wind friends. One of my pet peeves. don't lie to me and don't steal from me. Sadly, I find lies come in many forms today. There are the lies done that hurt loved ones and friends and then there are the lies from people in positions of power-just look at politicians-that not only hurt but often are not caught until it is too late and affect more than our hearts. My favorite thing..NOT...is those that start giving reasons why they lie. Why should we be explaining why we are doing something like lying?
Hope your day is going well. Sending prayers and sage to all...hugs on the wind.
EE

DrSES said...

EE,
STOMP
thank you friend! with love on the gentle breezes to YOU...