Wednesday, February 1, 2012

PATTI LABELLE ~ WHEN YOU'VE BEEN BLESSED!


OH
HOW I LOVE ME SOME
MS PATTI LABELLE


cos
"When you been BLESSED
it feels like HEAVEN"
and
babies you just gotta
"pass it on"
as
Ms Patti says,
"PASS IT ON"
...
and Patti knows how to pass it on!
She's been passin it on for years now
and
I've been takin each pass she sends out
with each octave she hits
with each and ever beautiful smile
and
dance step
and
high heel she throws
and
new move she busts
while telling her stories through her music!
I do miss the WILD hair styles
and
so wish she would
bring back
the mohawk
from back in the day!
BUT
one thing that I do believe
and
lawd please don't let me ever hear otherwise...
I just don't think I could bear it...
PATTI LABELLE
is
"real".
She keeps it real, she always has!
And that coupled with her voice
is the reason I have
always loved her.
...
She has lived a life filled with angst, fear, and has walked through some pretty dark places through the years,
but
her voice has pulled her from the ashes
like the phoenix.
Hers is a life faith-filled and it has sustained her
when
the high stars and honors shunned her
and life was less than kind...
awards weren't placed in her hands as they should have been.
She's been a guest at the White House
*she had her hot sauce in her purse then to spice up the food*
and had no problem pullin it out!
She's been a guest on Oprah
and
sang to her...
*Oprah still hasn't held up
my copy of
Healing Heartaches, nor has she placed it on her
book club" *waht up OPRAH?*
Patti has stood on stages
and
shared her grief so loudly
that the tears flowed from her face
into the audience
who screamed
"Take your time Patti, we love you".
She patted her face, rubbed off her make-up,
and
admitted that she wasn't there for her beloved sister
Jackie prior to her death,
and then would break into song
and
sing
"The Wind Beneath My Wings"
dedicated to Jackie.
><
Patti Labelle
a woman who has been all over the world
and
oh what a light she has cast
and
what sounds she has taken over the rainbow and back!
A woman who was afraid she would not live to see
50
as those she loved the most had died prior to that age,
now is doing her "thang"
with grace, beauty, style and class
after moving on past 50, NOW 60
in her high style
and
with a voice
that only the Creator could keep so pure
and
a fan base that loves her where there is no space or time.
><
oHHH the hair!
Ms Patti had some hair now,
from the days
of
Patti, Nora and Sarah
and
the
"BlueBells, Labelle"
they were and still are...>fierce!
Patti and her girls in reunions have been just
off the hook as they join together on stages
and
sing like the diva
she is!
Patti is a class act,
one who has sung with just about everyone
in the industry
to include
a young man recently on
America's Got Talent!
He won if I remember
and
his dream was to sing with Patti!
He had previously worked in a car wash,
and
when that young man opened his mouth
Sinatra came out!
Wouldn't you know he won... and when he sang with Patti,
rather then upstage him, she moved to the back of the stage
and let him have the light...
She applauded him and moved to the back, quietly exiting the stage
knowing it was time for him to shine,
his wish and dream fulfilled!
><
That is a star that shines beyond the heavens.
I LOVE ME SOME PATTI!!!
><
I can remember one year
in DC
Patti was there for a three day tour,
and
I had tickets for each night
oh goodness I was exhausted at the end of that tour!
I had to lay down when it was all said and done
I had overdosed on dancing, on singing
on
being with Patti backstage
on
being filled with her voice
and
with the spirit
and
the blessings!
IT WAS WONDERFUL
~~~
Music is a great balm for the soul
a great healer for all
and
magical.
Patti Labelle is magician of music
who will take you to depths
that your soul is just not used to going!
AND
move you?
OH my, whether you are confined to your bed
a wheel chair
or free to lift your feet,
Patti and her music, her band
YOU WILL BE MOVED!
and
once you have recovered
you can read her books of recipes
and
feed your body
as you listen to her fill you with sounds!
><
I have often told warriors here,
"I'll stand by you"
and there is no better way to tell it
than to share Patti singing it
as she sang it to the soldiers.
Listen, watch, FEEL
the energy of Patti
as she moves through this song
with such raw emotion
and
pure intention
and oh that voice!

OH yes, Patti will fill you up...
and
she is HERE
in Florida
and
tonight
I will be with Patti
listening with all my senses to her as she just sings
her heart out!
And I will be taken away, to the musical heavens
and over the rainbow
and
I am over the top about it!
Here's few of Patti's thoughts:





People with no humor, they're outta my life.
Patti LaBelle



So if anybody wants to get me something, get me 60 crabs - one for each year. I don't want no diamonds, I don't want no shoes, I don't want no party. I want some crabs.
Patti LaBelle



So if diva means giving your best, then yes, I guess I am a diva.
Patti LaBelle
Now that is about as real as real can stay
but then again
Patti don't need
diamonds
if you take a good look at her neck
if
you are near the stage to get blinded by her DuBeers diamond on her finger
and
if you take a gaze at that shoe on her foot
right before she kicks it off during her performance
and
it lands who knows where
but she is always able to find it later in the night!!!
Bring on the crabs and the HOT SAUCE...
Can you tell I know and love me some Patti?
I will also see Patti afterwards and give her an autographed copy of
Healing Heartaches
I think she is goin to appreciate it,
but
Patti would appreciate
a brown bag
filled with crab claws better!
She does love her some crab!
Just maybe
Patti will hold that book or shift it to some one's hand
that is on a "talk show"
haha
But i doubt it will be Oprah
as I think ole' Oprah burnt a bridge with Patti
by not being the "real deal"!
Go figure...
"WAHT UP OPRAH, I'M STILL WAITING FOR YOU"?
The funny thing is watching watch folks bring her
and the people at concert halls that try to take your cameras away from you and often succeed.
Patti will tell fans,
"Baby if you want your picture now is the time to get it,
my make up is about to drip, my hair is about to flip, so c'mon and get your pictures"!!!
Well the sad truth is, we've all been frisked at the doors in most venues!
These days of smart phones and clever fans, most will find a way to smuggle in cameras though
and get their precious pictures of Patti
 *YEP that includes ole' DRSES*!
And
oh the flowers she receives from those who love her
and
make their way to the edge of the stage to present them!
Patti loves her some flowers
and the piano sitting on stage usually has a brilliant vase
that includes bird of paradise with other wonderful colors and textures for her.
Fans will adore the moment
will try to touch her,
to get eye contact
with her
and
to once again while she busts a move
and
hits 5 octaves
let her know
"Patti we love you"
as
she is truly one of the most gifted artists
this musical world will ever know!
A diva?
You betcha, she earned the rights,
she earned and walked the walk,
and
she has the voice to back it up
one whose songs
tell a story
whose faith
has brought her through some trying times
and
who stands with tremendous and amazing grace
through it all.
Oh as I look back into the memories
and the times shared
I reflect on my dearest friend
Eileen
and the night we saw Patti together in D.C.
ohhhhh my
we had the best of times
as I was busted for a camera at the security entrance,
having to run to a house having a "frat party"
and
begging them to hold my camera for me safely until the end of the night!
Eileen thought I had lost my mind and camera
but
ohhhh it will be fine
and
it was
only to retrieve it and meet Patti afterwards in the limo
to get my pictures and introduce her to
my bestie ole Eileen!
I now will text her with simply the words
"2 steps away" my friend
...
We all have the power of being
just 2 STEPS AWAY
from each other in our hearts
from our happiness in our
lives
from what we want
whether in this life or the next place... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQWIS1vhYlE&feature=related


And tonight I will have Eileen in my heart and in thought
as she is but 2 steps away
in my thoughts
as
I am filled with Patti
and that remarkable gift of the Creator
her voice
her "swag"
and
her smile that lights up the darkest of nights
and
her pure bliss that she receives when she feels the love
of so many for so many years.
SING PATTI, JUST TAKE YOUR TIME!!!
NOW
with friends like us
Patti will never go broke
as she likes to tell you!
...
But
wherever you are today
I want you to know
friends are a valued and treasured gift
treat them well,
hold them tight
and
remember
YOU ARE MY FRIEND
and if this rendition of Patti don't move ya
I just don't know what ever would!!!
Cos "Debbie Henry" has some pipes on her that Patti loves to share with the world...
What a woman, what a voice, what
what am I to do tonight?
Lawd I think I'll just lose my mind with all this
excitement and JOY!!!
YOU ARE MY FRIEND...

"i'VE BEEN LOOKIN AROUND AND YOU WERE HERE ALL ALONG"

Dont ya just love it!!!
Gives ya something to think about now doesn't it???

Go on now,
"Dont block the blessings"
express some gratitude
for the day
and
LIVE IT LARGE!

Be well,
enjoy
Listen to some Patti
and
sing!
It's good for your heart

Walk in Beauty
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Life and Loss
ohhh
what a life
you are my friend!!!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hellooooo.
cannot imagine how amazing Ms. Patti will be , her voice is truly incredible and moving...
thanks for the links, I listened to many more as well..
compassion, sincerity, pure talent shines thru so powerfully.
Sure hope you have a fantastic time, that is .. if you doxcitemn't keel over with excitement before you actually get there... LOL... your jubiliance is contagious...
wishing all an "over the rainbow" kind of day !
hugging my angels, ♥ ♥
sign me, A.

Anonymous said...

** don't keel over with excitement !!
heehee... wish I were going too.
A.

DrSES said...

OHHHH HOW I WISH YOU WERE GOING TO, there is nothing quite like an evening with the legendary Patti Labelle, she will just fill your senses and your souls...
tonight I have no doubt we will hear her relect on those many appearances of "back in the day" with Don Corneilus on THE SOUUUUL TRAIN... through tear streaked cheeks as she remembers him... as we hear today that he has killed himself... "Don what could have gone so wrong" I find myself asking as I too remember standing in front of the T.V. dancing my butt off just knowing I was "all that and a bag of chips"!

But tonight I will indeed be as young as I once was as I listen to the outrageous and elegant diva do her thang, one more time and fill me up as she always does... I'm 2 steps away and cannot wait!

Wish all were going to be there with me!!!
DRSherry

Anonymous said...

Me thinks you love you some Patty! Haha
Hope you have a blast :).

Anonymous said...

Wow - Wow - As I sit here at work reading your words and your excitemsnt and love for Patti is so grand it has brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to get home to listen to the songs. You touched my heart with your passion for Patti and for life itself. I wish you could just spread some of that excitement and passion over others. I have never had such passion as that I see and feel from you for Patti. I wish for you the night that dreams are made of. I look forward to seeing pictures, if you can, and hearing all about the grand and glorious time you will have Dr. Sherry. Wishing all of our friends here a grand afternoon. Fluff/Sandy♥

DrSES said...

Oh Fluff/Sandy

I too wish you were there, to feel the music, to witness a legend on that stage that fills you up with sheer delight and remarkable energy in movement with such fluidity of spirit that is captured in your heartspace and holds you like nothing this world of music will ever know... as she hits 5+ octaves in that God given voice of hers and a life of triumph over adversity... 2 steps away and over the rainbow we goooo
enjoy the music, the visuals
and the power of music that wil fill your soul...
as tonight I once again find Patti to be just as she has been for so many years,
spirit filled!
Be wEll
DrSherry

fluff said...

I was able to listen to some more Patti Labelle singing tonight and it touched my heart. What a voice - Wow!!! Would love to hear what you heard tonight. Can't wait to feel your excitement in your words. Fluff/Sandy♥

Irene M said...

I can hardly wait for the words of review from the actual concert last night. You go, Sherry.
That is one voice unmistakable in this world, Ms. Patti (ring the bell). Good wishes to everyone, this Groundhog day (the poor critter looks scared to death)
Gonna have a " super" bowl of breakfast cereal now to stay FIRM

Kinghlxl said...

Once the dishwasher is full of water and ready to start cleaning, use the hose and spray nozzle to give the dishes a bit of a spray cleaning to begin with. Removing stains tip: grass Neighborhood: Rittenhouse Square

Ramirezybwr said...

A fax machine is an excellent way to send and receive paper documents instantly. You need to first be sure of the workability of your broadband. You would not only be getting the details of what are the minimum required configurations, you also get a clear idea of how to install the fax services in Win XP. You simply log into your online account or use your email system to send your message. How to Receive a Fax on Your Computer? While some service companies combine the pages you send and receive into your total volume of business, others segregate the pages sent and pages received.