Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gas Prices, Oscars, and People Are Crazy


Hello Saturday
this is one of those great
things that showed up
on
Facebook
that just made me
"Howl"
this week!
And oh how folks just loved
it, and commented, and laughed
and shared with others!
After I got my laugh
it also made me think
how often that is so very true
and
yet it reminded me
that was something
that our good ole'
Maxine would say
as she sat at her desk
with that little dog at her feet covered by fuzzy rabbit slippers!
BUT
there are so many times
when there are times
when we need to
STAND UP
and say what is important
to say
although it will not always be
popular,
not always be pleasant,
and
often
will make others
uncomfortable
and
activate their brains to think.
sometimes
you may find that you stand alone!
Then I see this pop up
and
I thought
...
Isn't that the truth!
Now that is saying it in a way even children can get it, isn't it?

And so here we go,
what is up
with gas prices now heading for
$4.00
and blame being cast here and there,
but where is the source of
"where and why are we being hit so hard
at the pumps"?
I cannot get this... no hurricane or natural disasters... no weather related changes,
no big events to cause the soaring rates...
Oh yes it is election year
Iran is angry with us,
world disturbances that's it..
BUT
hasn't that been it since 9/11?
Maybe it's me, but I just don't get it.
Seems that, > "there"
 is where influence and power
are controlling
"here"

 and our chain is being yanked
and we are suffering at the pump
and now that is being used as influence in political speeches and trying to influence or sway voters?
But it sure is putting a squeeze on folks.
Oh well to the pump we go,
cos' we are a Nation on the go.
Where did my piggy bank go,
that skinny little pig...
The Oscars and the shining gold statues are being ready
and
a tribute for Whitney
and the glitter and the gold
will razzle and dazzle
and
sleeze balls will sell the soul to the highest bidder for a tabloid.
Yes I said it,
YES I am angry, I am outraged
over the latest news,
over the newstands, grocery stores
that now hold the cover
of a tabloid
of
Whitney Houston
laying in a casket.
Money talks
and bull walks.
Cissy Houston has the money to find out how/who
sold their integrity, the soul
for cash money
and took the picture
of her daughter
to be spread in a piece of crap magazine across the country or globe.
Once again,
media and press
HUMANITY at its lowest form
to take a persons dignity in death
and
make it a public viewing of a tabloid
and
feed public frenzy and curiosity.
We as the public
could stand up to things like this in powerful ways;
we could get the ear and eyes of the press
by standing together and saying
loud through
NOT PURCHASING
for 90 days
any types of media
that does things like this.
We could hit companies where they live
en masse
and let them know
that we honor people and those they love
while respecting
their privacy
and
their right to mourn and grieve.
I can't help but believe that if the mother
of
Whitney Houston had wanted her fans
or the general public to see her
in a casket
there would have been an open casket
at the funeral that was broadcast on cable
and
the internet.
Or
she would have put a picture out for the world to see herself
endorsed by the Houston family
rather
than one that was paid for
and
then shows up for the world
to view at the grocery line.
Where is the respect in mourning and grief.
Many will say at the funeral
of viewings,
"oh s/he looks good"
...
NO
they look dead.
and
DO you want to see your loved one
on the cover of a magazine at the store
after their death
knowing that someone was paid to provide it
to a magazine or tabloid
along with a sordid story?
I think not.
So on it goes,
more of the stories,
more speculation,
now also a view of a casket,
millions will buy it and gaze
and
the talk continues...
and the goal in doing that?
Somebody got some money, by now has spent a great deal of it, having a party, has bragging rights, and a tabloid will wait for the next big thing.
PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
and
I can't help but think of this song this morning


Yep that song just about sums it up doesn't it?
What are you doing
on this Superb Saturday?
Maybe a drive to the gas station?
A day at the beach?
I hear they are prayin for snow in
Wisconsin...
For sun in VA and DC...
Building snowmen in Colorado?
Putting on gloves and mittens
in Detroit this morning?
Working at the carwash for MS
or preparing
to just lay back, kick back
and pop a top on a boat today?
Oh no don't tell me
you are dusting and vacuuming!!!
What in the world are you wearing
to walk the red carpet?
I'm voting for
"The Help"
and I have to get out there
and
see
"Good Deeds" this weekend
...
Let's get the feel good train
fired up
as
I swear I heard cars from the other coast of
Daytona zooming
as the race and folks were over there just having tooo much fun!
Coffee's bout empty,
as I'm shifting into that beautfiul place of gratitude here,


Every once in awhile you meet those along the way
who keep it real
who touch you deeply
who remind you of the beauty that surrounds you
and
who are filled
with Gods grace
or
who make it all make sense
and
walk a path
that touches you deeply.
People who bring so much
and give so freely
who honor your choices
your path
even if they don't always understand it or would choose it for themselves.
Celebrate YOU today
honor your unique self
...
Give freely,
in conversations
listen deeply,
laugh loud
honor silence
but mostly
appreciate this day fully!

Today,
I hope you find a path that allows you to
do cartwheels even if only in your mind,
to love deeply
play with abandon
and
listen to music that will fill you with
amazing grace
as you remember
all the good in the world
and
filter out all that is just
outright
bad.
But remember
the bull
and
stand for what and who you
believe in.

STOMP

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
keepin it real



8 comments:

Irene M said...

Good morning everyone.
Something different in my comment today: Let's hear it for Dr. Sherry Showalter who thinks up and writes to us pretty near EVERYDAY, a subject, topic, feeling, news, update, professional opinion, humor, music, videos, family, values, etc. etc. etc.......
Let's HEAR YOU CLAP & roar, STOMP for this wonderful woman who keeps me thinking, sane, crying, laughing, getting angry, up to date, etc. etc. etc......
STAND UP, STOMP AND SCREAM for her, thank her, appreciate her, value her, cherish her, love her.
JUST DO IT !!!!! I love you, SES.
P.S. : good blog today, my coffee's extra strong, can u tell?

DrSES said...

Firm... YOU have just overwhelmed me today... and I thank YOU for that ... have another cup! MY treat, and my deepest gratitude, feel that? it was me hugging you with I do believe a tear that just hit my cheek of overwhelming gratitude.

Irene M said...

Took me years to " say it", only after I "feel it". The teacher appears when the student is ready? or something like that.
I look so forward to my touch with reality in the morning, to my comment, being able to express, be my crazy-arssss self and let the other warriors know that I am HERE, breathing, reading & living.
I am sure it is not easy to come up with words to say each day. I know my head would explode if I had to think up " hum, what can I write about today ? ".... but YOU have no trouble. DYS
I want to meet you at Tiffany's for lunch SOON ! "little firm"

Anonymous said...

helloooooooo.
CHEERING HERE, STOMPING HERE ...
Thank you Firm, my heart is with you, each word you have spoken this morning I am with you !! I don't know where I would be today, almost five years since I was blessed to meet Doc.. if there were a "silver lining" in the darkest cloud that ever loomed above in my life.. it would be that I met Dr. Sherry...
my first meeting with her is one I will never forget, and when I thought that my life was no longer worth living, when I believed with all my soul that there was not any hope .. I was given the tools of her wisdom and compassion, we walked the walk, climbed that mountain and finally reached a place which brought me the understanding that I would survive. It also amazes me that each day we are blessed by her presence here, and when I miss a chance to check in, I feel as if , in some odd way that my day is not complete.The last few days I have been straight out at S&S, yes, I WORK ALL THE TIME... and I want to thnak you both, and all of the wonderful friends here, for thinking of me... sure would love to have seen you Irene, would love a hug from your caring, stomping self...
As for today's blog.. hmmm...
I have not purchased a tabloid trash paper for at least 20 years.. they disgust me. I did catch a glance of the latest Whitney covers and am appalled yet not the least bit surprised at what I saw.. maybe someday the media mongers will "get it".. maybe when personal tragedy touches them in a horrific way, the light will come on.. As far as gas prices go, it seems pathetic that we have become so complacent as a country to allow the constant abuse of our wallets, we seem to shrug it off and accept the injustices which keep being forced at us. I have not a bit of respect for any politician or the empty promises they all make.. and I will drive only out of need as I refuse to fill my tank at such outrageous cost.
I remember when gas prices were edging to one buck a gallon.. there were huge protests held across the nation and our voices were heard and respected.. oh yes, how I miss "back then "..
With all that being said.. I finally have a day off today, will be resting on my laurels,talking to a few friends and enjoying my day . I would like to wish everyone a day away from the craziness of our crazy world, sunshine from within your heart and sweet songs of angels in your head.. Thanks again to Doc and those warriors here who relentlessly prove what a wonderful life this is.. hugging my angels ♥ ♥
sign me, A.

DrSES said...

Well blessings on the winds to you sign me "A", almost made a U turn and drove down to say hello and give you a real live HUG today... sure am glad I didn't since you are off and laid back ...
Thank you for your kind words, I feel so blessed by you and FIRM today, my heart is filled!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear everyone's comments. As usual, a fine group gathered here. Sat. night and ready for a few days off. Thanks Doc. I too don't know what I would do without you. You are so right , so often, it amazes me.
I too will STOMP into this weekend!
Don't even get me started with gas prices. They hit us where it hurts, gas and groceries, both necessities. Soon as there is a hint of the economy improving, up go prices. Wish we could send ALL the politicians to Siberia and start over. Raise your voices at the polls. VOTE your conscience, lead with your wallet. Sign me, over high prices, and political lies and bickering.

fluff said...

Hello my friends - I hope your Saturday was a peaceful one for you. Irene, so true, oh so true. I am so very grateful to have found this place and was guided to Dr. Sherry at a time when I needed someone to understand what I was going through and have compassion and care for someone she did not know and had never met. I am so thankful for you Dr. Sherry and for your daily contribution of love, concern, humor, chuckles, thoughtfulness, wisdom and compassion - Wow, what a woman! I just know someday Irene and "A", I will have the opportunity to meet Dr. Sherry also and I would count that such a Blessing. I say this CLAPPING and STOMPING for her and for this place. Perhaps some day I will be able to come down your way and meet you all also. My nephew lives in St. Petersburg, Fl and I hope to some day spend some time there and perhaps we will meet in person. Wouldn't that be a grand time! Until then though, I will enjoy my time spent here with such sweet and caring people as you all are. I am grateful to be here. I do have to apologize for my messages with my rambling on sometimes. Also, I do try to recheck my notes and then after I post I see silly miss spellings! What's with that? Most days I am writing at work and have to be quick cuz I am not supposed to be using my computer for things other then work so I do it fast and get back off.
Great message today Dr. Sherry. This world can seem pretty crazy at times.

Well, I had a good but tiring Saturday. Had a "Fluffee the Clown" day and it was terrific! Did a bit of face painting, helped in a clown seminar and then went to visit a dear friend who is in the hospital. She is my close friend and clown mentor and not doing very well. She is up there in age and has some tough ailments of age. It was good to see her though and she was happy to see us clowning around and visiting her. My friend "Cookie the Clown" went with me. Sure do love seeing those smiles, bright eyes and hear the chuckles when they see us coming down the hallway.

Well, going to sit down for a minute and go to bed pretty soon. Been good and fulfilling but I am sleepy. You all take care, have a restful evening, sleep well and sweet dreams.
Hugs to you /Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

Hello, it has been a fine day here. I am blessed to be so involved with things I love to do. I agree about Whitneys picture, should not have happened, we know the media and we know what it does. I do not blame the magazine for printing the picture, it is money and that is what it is all about. I would bet it was one of those Church do gooders, maybe even the evil eye so called preacher who sat on the front row. I will not say his name but you know who I mean. Anything to make money no matter who it hurts. We really need to pray for Whitneys little girl who has grown up to be a beauty and has already experimented with the drugs with her Mom and probably her dad. I hope her Grandma can keep her straight. We will just have to pray for her. Thank you for the words of wisdom and Irene has said it all. The humor, music, videos, family values and as she says on and on. God Bless USA