Saturday, March 10, 2012

SPRING FORWARD here comes our sun

It's time
to
SPRING FORWARD
...
Here comes the light
and
are seeing the sun come
it's waking us
it's lasting
longer!
Yippeeeeeee
....
OK,
I know it is also a time
of
setting all those clocks
in the house,
in the car
on
your wrists,
and
adjusting again to
change!
A time that some will have to adjust to
and
we will hear about those who
don't like it,
those that just are
losing somethin.
But
it really doesn't take long
for our bodies to
adjust,
remember
attitude
and
messages you give.
BUT
it does have an impact on
the
brain,
and how folks sleep
I will let ya know that!
Night owls
will have the roughest time,
and
when they rise
they will have a bit of trouble
"shining"!
Students and workaholics
are the most suseptible to this change.
Remember
that brilliant brain of yours
and
those neurons
generate
are having to
"re-set"
the circadian rhythm
that
is our sleep-wake cycle!
And
that signal
is
the
SUN.
So get ready,
it's time to re-set the clock
literally
in
body, mind, spirit
and
throughout the house!
And
SPRING
is right around the corner!
Try to find some sun today
and
in the morning
cos
it will help you re-set
your
brain
to the
wonder and new beginnings
that are yours!

We do feel better when we have light,
when we are in the sun,
when we just feel like there is
more light longer.
Remember our beloved
Andy Rooney?
Well I can remember when he had this to say about time and I cracked up
cos' I can still see and hear him in my mind,
“Daylight Savings time doesn’t save *&^%. All it does is screw the clock up and piss me off, but it’s either do it or be early for everything”.
What a quote to start
off
spring forward
and
today, to give you a laugh
and
a great memory
of a great man!
Ya gotta remember the great curmudgeon that we all listened to and loved
and
what a great day
to remember that!
Ah
but another great quote to leave you with
as you try to remember
how many clocks
need your attention
and
make plans for a grand weekend
...
“When told the reason for Daylight Saving time the old Indian said, “Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.” ~Author Unknown

I LOVE IT!
C'mon Sun... we've been missing you!


So with that said,
I wish you a magnificent day
filled with
wonder
awe
magic
faith
belief
joy
LAUGHTER
LOVE
LIGHT

Walk in Beauty,
DRSES
keepin it real
*Remember to send all your friends with a computer to subscribe and visit the you tubes.
After we receive 101,
we will then put all names in the hat,
draw out a winner
and
let ya know who it is!*

7 comments:

Irene M said...

......... now I have to comment in
TWO places ! Oh-me-oh-my.....
complain, complain, complain.
Refer to other comment !
I love your words and live video.
You are a natural in front of the camera. OPRAH, where are you ?

DrSES said...

now now FIRM...
IF, and I say this with such a low and loving voice as I pace around the room and place my hand on your shoulder to see what you are writing...
IF I can think of thoughts to place here and on a video....
surely you can find the energy and thoughts to post everywhere, including on the actual you tube which would then be "three" count them "three places"
LOL
be well dearheart...
using a seat belt to stay still as I talk to ya,
will find a way to put the 4 leggeds up in the near future!
get busy finding your clocks now!!!!
laughing here with my coffee!

fluff said...

Hello everyone and Happy Saturday to you. Been a busy day for me - no adoptions from the shelter but we brought in two more cats! Oh well, we will keep caring for those sweet animals who were placed under our watch and care. Can't believe it is already time to change the clock and Spring Forward~~~ Where does the time go? One clock I won't have to change because I never changed it from the Fall Back LOL. Sure hope you all had a terrific day. Still sunny here in SE Michigan but a little chilly at 42°. Have a wonderful evening and thank you Dr. Sherry for your wisdom and sharing your thoughts and words. If you didn't see my other post I sent you an e=mail as requested. Take care friends - /Sandy♥

Irene said...

Ses Firm is spitting coffee @your comments!

DrSES said...

Hello Fluff,
and those in MICHIGAN, thank you for all the work you are doing there... Blessings on the winds, and I received your lovely email, thanks!
Be Well and "spring forward" into a time of LIGHt.
@FIRM,
I knew you would spit that coffee as you felt my hand on your shoulder! HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Gotta love me some Indian sayings...
White people and short blankets! Still chuckling. So looking forward to more evening light. Ah the sun, the wonderful, glorious sun. Headed to the beach tomorrow, without fail. If it rains, I will personally put my finger in the cloud that dares hide my sun! Best weekend to all.

DrSES said...

@anonymous, I'm right with ya!
Bring it sun...