Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gifts and strength

My gift yesterday
as I looked for that Cardinal that was talking to me,
I saw this! Then I saw my frequent spirit guide the cardinal and we had a chat!

That magnificent cardinal was announcing this beautiful hibisicus
and letting me know to take my eyes off this computer and out of the happenings of the world
and pay attention to
the Gifts!
Stunning!
The gifts are ours
in good, great, rotten, bad and awful times
if we but look; and lift our heads.
Remember the challenge of the full moon?
How are YOU doing with that challenge?
Are you remembering to stop,
to say a blessing first then say your words, thoughts, feelings, with truth and honesty?
...
Are you speaking your truth,
believing what is said to you
because you know in your heart that those you associate with are ones that are known through their words to be of truth, honor, integrity?
Are you STANDING,
yet taking the time to admire the beauty and grace that fills your life and eyes if you only look and listen to the sounds around you?
Are you with the knowing
that
"Every day is a Gift"
and paying it forward, while taking best care of you?
...
I took this picture when I had just looked up; looked around and looked down...
We must Stand, we must keep our eyes open, our hearts open, our minds open.
...
In truth, in integrity, in honor.
Yet,
we also must have the courage to Stand and to let others know what we stand for;
and be sure to not take any wooden nickels along the way;
yet always enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.
LIfe is so fragile, so remarkable and so very awe inspiring.
I see so many who choose to live in the past, to get lost in their stories in the past.

Just keepin it real.
Wishing you a glorious day.
...
Our warrior Thomas O'Brien was visited by his friend Kyle from Nashville, and by Miss America
in the hospital where he is the ICU there.
He reached his goal of 5,000 friends on Facebook, who are now all surrounding him in thoughts and prayers, and all lighting candles of hope, of strength, of
Light in knowing his is in their hearts.
We are standing for a 21 year old
out there in TX who is fighting
and
who is praying and who is grateful for the support of so many.
Blessings to you Thomas O'Brien and your strong and beautiful mom Debbie.
...
Many thoughts and love goin out to
EE in Colorado who is not feeling well as she also is fighting this week for strength and could use the prayers of those here, candle lit
and the sage is burning dear heart.
Sending you love across the miles.
...
Prayers and strength for my loved ones as well this week
in Southwest VA.
for all they need to stand in honor, grace, in truth in healing.
...

May you all find the strength, comfort, and understanding along your path to soar, and let your knowledge by your truth.
"nothin works unless you do'

Walk in Beauty,
DRSES



6 comments:

fluff said...

Good Morning Dr. Sherry and friends. Happy Tuesday to you! I hope it is a good morning and you are counting your Blessings as you go about your day. Dr. Sherry, thank you for the words today that are uplifting and heart felt words of joy. We know that indeed life is so very fragile and we should embrace it daily. One never knows from one day to the next what the day will bring for us. I was Blessed this morning when I came out my door for work at 5:30am. The birds were so awake and talking to one another and to me and those who may have been listening. That is one of my favorite times of the day when all is quite and peaceful in the world there. It is just beginning to lighten and the many variety of birds are awakinging for a new day without a care in their world. I can't see them because it is still dark but I sure do hear them, as there are many, and I wonder what they are saying. I believe they are thanking the creator for another brand new day. How beautiful is the voice of nature! Thank you Dr. Sherry for the lovely picture of the hibiscus. Very pretty.
Prayers today for our friend Thomas O'Brien there is Texas as he fights his difficult battle every day. Prayers for his Mother Debbie for strength and comfort. Also prayers for our friend EE that she will feel well and all others mentioned here.
Wishing all a glorious and wonderful day. /Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

Thanks again doc for keeping us aware of all the wonderment each day holds, and our responsibility to truth, giving, and awareness. My thoughts are with all those struggling today. Hoping for a better tomorrow, peace in the moment, joy in this instant. As you so often remind us, there is no promise of what tomorrow holds, or even if there will be a tomorrow for each of us, so make today, this day count. Do something kind, think uplifting thoughts, share a smile, a hug, a warmth whenever you can.

oshkosh said...

Ok Fluff and Anonymous, I read you guys words 3 times. I am blessed to be privy to your thoughts. (I think that's a word). HA So easy for me to sometimes forget what you guys have reminded me of. Thank you guys very much, and I mean it truly.

Was not thinking very many uplifting thoughts today as I was feeling so dumb, I swear it would have taken me 2 hours to watch "60 minutes." I needed everything that was said on here today, which is ALWAYS the way it is, so not nothing new about that. Now you all just "sit it down" and hear me out. IF ever some of you guys ever need anything that I could do for you I would be honored if it is something I was able to do. I have not lost my mind, and I know I don't know a one of you. I DO KNOW however, that you people are so open, and what I think I feel on here is genuineness. That is NOT my hormones talkin', or else you would be hearing something else out of my mouth. LOL. As far as that Dr. Showalter -- she has to be the most gracious patient person on the plant. LAWD!!

fluff said...

You are very sweet Oshkosh and we all are very Blessed to have such a place to come to and share our thoughts and feelings. For this place I am grateful and also for each one who stops by and shares a word or two. We are Blessed to have each other and Dr. Sherry for all she does for so many. /Sandy♥

Irene M said...

Yo ! been gone pretty much all day, just catching up and laughed till I snotted @ OshKosh's remark about taking 2 hrs to watch 60 minutes. I am STILL roaring. That tickled me big time.
I loved your words Dr. SES and the many gifts of life. I, too, look and " see" the messages, wonders, sounds, spirits and symbols. I speak out loud to the animals who come to visit me during the day and my neighbors MUST be sure I am as crazy as can be, but who cares.
I went from MacDill AFB to the Emergency Room with neighbors, then to the POOL to keep my butt in check. Having a great day so far, so thoughts to EE / Tom OB and everyone who needs it.
No IceCream for me, on a diet so I can remain FIRM.....

Dot/MOM/Cob said...

Hello, I have been off the planet for awhile. Between Stuff and this puter I have been a mess. First I would like to say Thomas and Debbie we are here for you and I can feel the pain you are going thru. I will say pray a lot and trust in God and he will pull you thru. For all of those who are going thru trying times I am praying real hard. My day started out with going to call Bingo at a local Nursing home, been doing this for many years. It is a gift and a love for these wonderful people who cant always help their self. Then off to see the mechanic to see why my back passenger door will not unlock and when I get in to drive the seat goes under the steering wheel. The most positive mechanic and his helper was on the roll. They are going to try to fix the problem next week. They did not agree with Nissan their diagnose was the right one. I thought oh goody someone wants to fix the problem without a zillion $$$$. Next to the next town to find out about the septic problem. Another miracle by meeting a nice young man who works for the state. He had me to fill out application for repair that saved me bunches of money. God is Great. I prayed all the way up there for help on that problem and other personal problems. Got home and was tired but could not rest so got a phone call that blew my mind. The phone call said everything is ok, I have cried, laughed and made a phone call that said I believe in you and I am so happy. Reading your column today and knowing the Cardinal talked to you, I also got a message from the Cardinal. This is much to long I am trying to make up for the days I missed and sharing with you the happiness I feel right now in my heart and soul. Irene I need Ice Cream, thanks for all of your support. Thanks Dr. SES for all you say and do. Blessings to all who come to this page faithfully and those who need our blessings. God Bless USA