Saturday, May 12, 2012

TODAY JAMFEST! One Love Palm Harbor FL

MAY 12
I cannot imagine the energy in that Korabek home this morning!
Susan and Greg Korabek have a house full of friends, family; son Kyle has now arrived for the weekend
and
I bet even the 4 legged is doing a dance of anticipation
of
the day!
Tampa Bay Times should be talking about this!
It is a human interest story if every there was; a feel good kinda thing!
Where is Tampa Bay News anyways;
and Reggie Roundtree
and all those folks that talk on air?
Oh I'd love to be at the Korabeks as they prepare to put all those things in cars/vans
and get to the Thirsty Marlin
in Palm Harbor;
or a fly on the wall
and I can only imagine the energy, the nerves, the preparations being made
for this day
of
MUSIC
PEOPLE
visits of not just Landon but so many spirits of those who will come to join the hearts and space shared
at
The THIRSTY MARLIN
as
One Love is shared
in Remembering
in
Hope, Compassion, Caring in community.
I am honored to "kick things off"
by speaking at 1pm
and to join with the Korabeks'
and see so many that have come together
in friendship during heartaches
to meet so many
of the community and far away places
that are coming to show One Love
and
support.
The music will fill the hearts, the souls, and probably the street!
It's time to
Rock N Roll
while raising monies
for
Awareness, for Education, for Prevention
and
for scholarships for Music at Ruth Eckerd Hall where some of the most remarkable talent perform in our community.
It is going to be a day
of true community, compassion, care.
It just doesn't get more real than this.
Musicians playing for caring
for passion
for HOPE IN HEALING WAYS.
...
Parents who have chosen to heal
on the day before
Mothers Day
and embrace the light of One Love
in holding a son's tragic death
as the impetus for bringing the community together and feeling his love with them every drum beat, every heart beat.
As
Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross said so eloquently

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

Dr Ross also believed that we are taught remarkable lessons through the death of children; I know that I have and still am the recipient of those lessons from wise old souls in little bodies or youth that gave me gifts throughout my life and career. Painful but striking lessons.

I hope you all will have a day that is filled with music, with grace, with gratitude for all that you are blessed with.
Creator has given you a gift, a marvelous ability to use all your senses to make choices for yourself and to enjoy in every way possible this fragile thing we know as life.
Nothing works unless you do;
work the plan,
Creator helps those who work the plan and help themselves through each good deed, good choice and empowering moment.
STOMP
...
I feel that something remarkable is going to happen today
at that
OneLove Jamfest,
I can feel it
as the I also feel that it will be a day
that is a one that will be filled with mixed emotions
and I pray that people will allow those emotions to be felt deeply
as they remember why they are there.
Taking time to reflect, and to feel,
and
say his name
LANDON KORABEK
meet his family

.Holding them up.

Prayers goin up for Thomas O'Brien in Texas
I pray he is having a day of feeling the love,
he is 1,000 to go on his wish of 5,000 friends on Facebook!
Spread the word and friend him if you haven't already.
Hello Thomas,
love and prayers my warrior friend!


Walk in Beauty,
DRSES

4 comments:

Irene M said...

Hello all, life happens.....
See you @ Thirsty Marlin later.
Phoned & e-mailed Chris, no response. I tried.
Have a wonderful weekend: Mothers
Godmothers, Grandmothers, Aunts,
females with eggs, etc.....
Buh-Bye: Sign me somewhat FIRM
PS: Hey, sign me A: cracked up at the comment, get out of burger jail
LOL, big lol

fluff said...

Hello Dr. Sherry and Friends. Hope you are having a Super Saturday and all is well. Thank you for the message today Dr. Sherry, I borrowed the message from Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross on beautiful people. It fit for Mother's Day thoughts today. I hope the Jamfest is going great. I look forward to hearing about it and seeing pictures. Irene, I also loved "A"s message of getting out of burger jail. Good one! Been a busy day for me so I am going to relax for a while. Wishing each of you a peaceful evening. Take care friends. /Sandy♥

Anonymous said...

Just in from work and so wish I could have joined the Jam Fest! Sounds like a wonderful time with friends and music, good food no doubt! Am with you guys in spirit. Hope the event is fabulous for all.

Micahcymo said...

Hello all, life happens..... See you @ Thirsty Marlin later. Phoned & e-mailed Chris, no response. I tried. Have a wonderful weekend: Mothers Godmothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, females with eggs, etc..... Buh-Bye: Sign me somewhat FIRM PS: Hey, sign me A: cracked up at the comment, get out of burger jail LOL, big lol