Saturday, September 4, 2010

STERLING SEPTEMBER SATURDAY SPEAKIN



Sweet September ~ the fragrances, the air, my coffee all fantastic this morning! Great and bountiful morning to all.  I mean it!
What a month:

Today is Beyonce's birthday which is shared with none other than the famous Peter Rabbit of the classic story I might add, hahaha, happy Birthday to you both ~

Good morning on this first and fabulous Saturday in September...
And what a month is it going to be!

Much has happened through the years on September 4... some things... well let's just leave it to say, some good, some not so good in the circle of life/*\;



GERONIMO:
"I was warmed by the sun, rocked by the winds and sheltered by the trees as other Indian babes. I was living peaceably when people began to speak bad of me. Now I can eat well, sleep well and be glad. I can go everywhere with a good feeling."
Surrender Sept 4
(if you wanna believe the history books)
some say, it was a conversaton
 and an understanding/promises broken
 by General Nelson Miles who betrayed him.
Died Feb 1090

Sept 4... It's also:

Fight PROGRASTINATION MONTH (or for those die hards, guess you could just wait til' next September to fight that)
It's National Chicken Soup Month!
It's OVARIAN AND PROSTRATE CANCER MONTH.
CANCER SUCKS...
On this day in 1972 Mark Spitz made history by taking home 7 gold medals in the Olympics... where were you that day??? Did you see it?

Are you ready for this?

IT IS CHILDRENS' GOOD MANNERS MONTH!!! and to think the little darlings have started school now and they have this very month to work on their good manners too!

I love this one: 
ITS BE KIND TO AUTHORS AND EDITORS MONTH ~
No, I am not making that up... It is true, guess that means it's time to head over to my website and buy another copy of Healing Heartaches today!

Perhaps most striking: is this:

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and its time to raise more awareness and give everyone ideas on how they can help the fight for better cures. Look around on your search engines...and order your Free Gold Ribbon Pin, 4 free Gold Ribbons (Embroidered), 6 free stickers, and 6 free bookmarks from the National Childhood Cancer Foundation to show your support. http://www.curesearch.org/support_curesearch/raise_awareness/index.aspx?id=3516
There is also a letter campaign to try to get support for a Childhood Cancer Postal Stamp --
which would be a great way to help without a cost. There is also a link to learn about warning signs of childhood cancer which we all should know, as early detection makes a huge difference in the life of a child. 

I hope everyone will have a moment to stop out and help the fight for childhood cancer sometime this month.

STOMP
and then you can be kind to an author... LOL

Ah yes, September... notice the change in the air, the difference in the light?
 I have noticed it this morning myself!

 Life in all its circles and cycles... spinning and twirling and dancing to the drum beat of Mother Earth in all her glory ~
Just yesterday as I was walking out of a store, so engrossed in my happy place, I was smiling and singing and having an all out great time... I walked out as a huge, I mean HUGE PICK UP TRUCK pulled into the parking place right in front of me... I guess my smile was contagious as the driver just kept looking at me and begin to smile and then ran up right on me!!!
As we sort of became "intimate" I looked UP... and the blaring sign on the top of the windshield took me to hysterical peels of laughter as she shrieked and applied her brakes screaming "I AM SOOO SORRY"
I of course lay my head on top of the hood still hysterically laughing:
Blaring the writing said:
LEAP AND THE NET WILL APPEAR ~~~~~~

The woman lept from that tall truck to see if I was alright, and I just couldn't stop my laugh... I was more than fine, knowing I had just received a wonderful gift ...
The message was:  LEAP AND THE NET WILL APPEAR...

Poor lady, she told me she was so taken by my smile, my walk and it just mesmerized her... so she kept coming, forgetting to hit the brakes, thank goodness I was ok ~
Silly woman, how could I be anything less than OK ~
LOL

Poor thing, of course she couldn't read the sign, she was inside looking at me in my happy place, so I made her turn around and read it ~ she then started laughing with me and what a lovely smile she had as well!

Imagine my surprise when she told me, "I forgot that was even there, it's been so long that I looked at the outside of my windshield, but I will make sure to look at it every day from now on... How can I ever thank you for reminding me of the importance of that saying???"

We both got a great reminder, a great laugh, and then...
she hugged me and there were smiles and
TEARS IN HER EYES... hahahahaha as she started to walk away, she turned and said, "you are a healer... and I am so grateful to have "run into you"! With the last of her words, we both broke into hysterics again!~!~!

AND
how was and is your day???

The hibiscus are sure beautiful this year, brilliant in their textures and colors, spilling forth with each new day, a new and exciting color awaits me as an old friend ~
of course the four-legged just love to grab them and run, shredding them and looking for that sweet nectar of the center... yummy to them with a fine mess for me later!
We all enjoy those hibiscus ~

STOMP into your day with deep gratitude and great fun.

oh my you will not believe it... STARBUCKS has brought back... yep... PUnkin spice latte is back early this year!!!
woo hoo happy am I, bring on the gift certificates, I am STarBuck bound for mine! Just may pay it forward for the person behind me when I get there... so I can watch their dismay in my rear view mirror ~ The fire is burning brightly the sage is filling the air with healing thoughts on the wind for all ~

The fire is burning brightly the smell of sage is filling the air, with thoughts being sent on the wind ~ ~ ~  


We are together in thoughts and prayers ... Sending hope in healing and light ~ ~ ~ warm and wonderful light!
A friend of my cuz, Angie asks that we hold her friends UP... and I'm wanting you to KNOW:
A young man named Matt in Radford VA is a member of the National Guard there... He has a wife named Christina and three children ~ Matt is leaving in two weeks for IRAQ for a year... Please hold this young man in prayers and thoughts, his wife and family as well. Thank you Matt for serving our great Nation, be safe soldier, and come home to your family and your country safely! We will be praying for you and we thank you ~ God bless you and God Bless our Troops.


To those who are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families, I want you home safely.


We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...
We are always alongside the journey with you, along with some powerful angels... May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always:
for that I give thanks, and so it is!


FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve:
HOLDING UP IN THE LIGHT; IN PRAYER;


Christina, Matt and children, Freda, Linda Katie, Pat D, 2Wolves, Tink..and Mitch, Jerry, Trish, Barb, Anastasia, Mary, Rylee, Lindsay, Ann, Sarah, Ruth,
The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab, The Curtis Family, Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...
Mylee, Mikey and family in DC, Jack M & Janis in OC, Stephen, Stuart Wittel in Pakistan and his parents,


Lavie Coltrane and her loving family, Pat in Southwest VA, Andrea Gasse and family here and in New England,
Ali and family, Randy and Winnie in New Mexico,


Irene M, Bernice, Eileen and family,


Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA",


Vicki, Matthew and family, Chris, Lovie, Our new adopted family in BRAZIL,


Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit, Jill, the folks at the NABC, Joseph, Cathy Madden and her family., Cindy in NC Cindy, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Natalia, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family, Jean R and friend Christy Rider, Victoria and hubbie, Stephen, Gayle, Steph, Chris, Erica, Eileen, John, Mindy, Jack, Susan Werth Becken, her brother Mike and family, Craig James Lightfoot and his family, Kenny, Audrey,


Ed Saner, Patty Crowley, and ...


(please feel free to let me know if you would like to add your/or a friends name to our list)
Please lift these friends family and loved ones of these people in your hearts and prayers ~


Just because you have the power and choose to to join with us there are some powerful warriors on this page and in the next place along with some awesome angels ~ together we have banded together with the energy, love and support to facilitate healing and hope for so many along their journey... and for that you should feel pride and great love in connection ~


That is the HOPE in Healing Heartaches ~
Walk In Beauty,


DRSES


Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

4 comments:

Irene M said...

Leap and the PICK UP will appear ? ! ?
There are no accidents, you were meant to " run" into her. Great story, I could just picture it in a parking lot. Yes, I have noticed the change in the air, light/dark, month and all that comes along with it. Pumpkin anything makes me happy, so enjoy your Starbuck's doc and your honored day as author.
It's a great weekend to enjoy, relax or NOT.
Blazin' the trail I call my own, I remain FIRM

Angie said...

Morning Cuz,
Oh how I wish I could have been there to see you "meet" that truck!! Priceless~~
Thank you so much for the shout out to Matt & Christina. I sent the article to her and she called me crying. They will both need alot of prayers, good vibes and lots of love sent their way as well as everyone else serving our country. It is on my heart so heavily b/c Matt is the first person I know that will be going to Iraq and Christina & I are such good friends~~Thanks again
Not sure what the day holds for me. Saw commercial last night where JcPenney is having 80% off sale so I might just shop til I drop!!
Thanks for all your support in my schooling. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I think it will get easier for me as time goes on.
Big game Monday night...Let's Go Hokies~~~
Then the Bobcats will be back at it on Friday at home playing George Wythe~~I am def glad it's football season again :)
Hope you & DLB have a wonderful relaxing weekend. Jump in the pool for me!!
Love you~~

Anonymous said...

Labor Day Weekend. Cookout anyone? Be Kind TO Authors Month, sounds good to me. Having seen first hand what goes inot writing, editing, and having a book published and marketed, I thin all authors deserve at least a month of kindness each year. As fr the pick up truck... only you could inspire someone with a mesmerizing smile. It's god to be you in your "happy place". Hope all enjoy the weekend, he extra day off to celebrate everyone's labors. Be well

Pam C said...

Great story about the pick-up truck. Who do you suppose the message was for -- you? the driver? one of us? all of us? There are no coincidences -- just invitations.

Best wishes to Matt, Christina and family. A quick tip: use the mailing boxes at the PO -- you can pack a lot in them and pay only one standard price. (Paying by weight can get pricey.)