Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday and thoughts on the power of Love


Beautiful and Blessed Morning
Each of us
can
 and
do
change the world
One Heart Beat ~ one deed ~ one kindness
 at a Time
The Season is changin'
Here Comes Fall
Wow, that was one pretty moon last night~

As I prepare to enjoy my Sedona blend coffee this morning, I have to laugh out loud remembering standing at the airport at 0 dark thirty... The family had left me for some coffee as they fell into the airport half asleep and I decided to check the heavy old bag at the curb... when the gentleman looked at me and said,
"Dr Showalter, think you can open that up and carry on about 4 pounds to get your suitcase in accordance with the pound restriction so you don't have to pay more?"
OMG... open it ??? It took two of us and  a prayer to finally close it! "Oh sure, I can do that!" I responded casually (thinking oh boy I'm in trouble now)... so the first thing outta my suitcase was the coffee's I had purchased for me and for gifts... ah, that was easy, 4.1 pounds~~~ but oh my we had to zipp it back together now. What a sweet man he was, not once did he cuss, fuss or make jokes or get even the slightest frustrated with me! He did however turn a bit red in the face as he struggled with that zipper
 {suitcase compliments of Stuart swearing to never travel by air again, oh how I love that there suitcase he gave me) By the time I caught up with everyone carrying my now new bag of coffee brews, they wondered if an Elk had eaten me it took so long! I told them my tale of woe and we all got a big laugh out of it!
Still filled with the blessings the memories of the trip, the wonderment of it all, the ceremony still fills my heart... Dr Masters holding my book up and talking with his wonderful soulful and God filled voice still fills my heart ~ "The proof is in the pudding" now my favorite expression, and all those I had the joy of meeting, hugging and sharing such a sacred time with are on my mind and forever in my heart!

Speaking of wondering... I'm wondering where are all the warriors of this page??? You still here?

Love is filling the wireless connection as always... Love, it can move mountains, reaching across the highways, the sky ways, reaching deeply into the souls of all living things....

Does unconditional love really exist?
Can love be giving without any expectation of equal return? It can.
 It is the purest love. Wider than the sky overhead, deeper than the deepest of oceans ~
 When we know that we are not lessened by the giving of love, when we embrace the gift we give, without binding the recipient in any way, the love is purely offered.

As soon as having given, we expect something, anything in return, it is no longer unconditional.



I have known this love.
 Both in the giving and having been loved unconditionally. I am so very blessed.
No strings attached. I have know love that expects nothing of me. Not even that I accept it.


It is an amazing experience.
To be wholly excepted with all one’s faults, strengths, quirks is to be completely safe. It allows one to share with no fear of repercussion. No doubt of the strength of that special love. No fear that it might be withheld in the future. This special love holds us up. It allows us to be fully who we are. It is unselfish. It is the love I aspire to offer each day. It is powerful, it fills you up, lifts you on an Eagles wings allowing you to soar always ~


Can this love be challenging? Yes.
But only if we let ourselves believe that there are other definitions of love that are equally as valuable.
When we offer a lesser love, a kind of love, we give with a closed heart. We fear deep down inside that love will not be returned.
But, there is truth in the fact that not all love is returned. Not all love is lasting, not all love is equal.
 I find no merit in settling for a lesser love.
 In the giving or receiving.


I want to live large in living color ~ Outshine the sun ~
Give it all I’ve got.
In love, even the giving must be with a whole heart.
 A full heart. Holding nothing back.
 Does this make us vulnerable? I think not.


Remember the question I ask so often…
What would we do if we knew no fear?
 In love, real unconditional love, there is no room for fear, no need to fear.

Just offer the love. Know that no one is perfect, each person unique. Look once again at your fingerprint, you are the most unique person in the whole wide world... The Creator made but one YOU.

Choose carefully who we extend this quality of love to. Once the choice is made, give it all you’ve got.
Hold back nothing. Give over to trust that no other experience in your life will feel quite like it.
There is no amount of love that you can give that will empty your heart. The heart is capable of endless love.


Funny that we have so much to give, cannot be diminished by the giving, and yet so often we hold back. We measure out the love, as though it is to be used sparingly.
 How does this serve us?
In the giving we so often receive, yet we consider love to somehow be harder to give freely.

Sometimes my heart feels as though it will burst from the love it holds. It holds the Creator within, I suppose that is why it is so full of love, it holds the beat of the drum of all the Ancestors too ~ the dance of dances... 

I must spread it around, let it dance, holler, joyously out of me with attitude of gratitude, give some away, with intention, let it flow forth from the endless well that my heart holds.
To each of your today, I am thankful that I share this day with you in some way. That we are on this planet together and have touched each other with kindness, with unending love, with respect for the ways in which we are alike, and the many ways in which we are unique. Wadoh ~ and So It Is!

The fire is burning brightly, its embers are hot... Thoughts on the winds to those who visit here today  
To those who have served and are serving this great Nation, I thank you and your families.

We are together in prayer, in thoughts of all that is needed to remind you out there, we are WARRIORS...

We are always alongside the journey with you, along with some powerful angels and light workers too...

May you find comfort in knowing we are with you always: AND for that I give thanks, and so it is!

FOR:Tampa, our Mayor Iorio, Chief Jane Castor, Tampa PD, all who serve:
HOLDING UP IN THE LIGHT; IN PRAYER AND THOUGHTS



Christina, Matt and children, Aaron, Lisa and family, Freda, Linda Katie, Pat D, 2Wolves, Tink..and Mitch, Jerry, Trish, Barb, Anastasia, Mary, Rylee, Lindsay, Ann, Sarah, Ruth, Johnny, Bobby and the Tucker Family, The Spraker Family, Aunt Effie and family,



Kenny H, Michelle, Sandy, Addie and family in Canada, 

The Kocab Family, baby Lilly Nicole Kocab, The Curtis Family, Tarpon PD, those serving here and there in Uniform...
Mylee, Mikey and family in DC, Jack M & Janis in OC, Stephen, Stuart Wittel in Pakistan and his parents, Lavie Coltrane and her loving family, Pat in Southwest VA, Andrea Gasse and family here and in New England, Ali and family, Randy and Winnie in New Mexico, Jill Wheaton, Dennis and Lynn, Dr Peter in NY, Dr Mortonette, Dr Lee, Dr Rev Bev, Dr Kenya, Dr Dennis in Austrailia,
Irene M, Bernice, Eileen and family, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA",

Vicki, Matthew and family, Chris, Lovie, Pedro and Our adopted family in BRAZIL, Our Black American Bears Lily and HOPE, their spunky spirit, Jill, the folks at the NABC, WRI, Joseph, Cathy Madden, Nathan, and her family., Cindy in NC Cindy, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Natalia, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Pat, Irene, Kevin, Dr D, Deb, Randy, Dr B , Charlie and family, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Elizabeth, Nita, Gary Siegal, Adrienna,Brian Mawbey, the Boyan Family, Jean R and friend Christy Rider, Victoria and hubbie, Stephen, Gayle, Steph, Chris, Erica, Eileen, John, Mindy, Jack, Susan Werth Becken, her brother Mike and family, Craig James Lightfoot and his family, Kenny, Audrey, Ed Saner, Patty Crowley, Bennie, Gail, Jonathan, Moe, Beverly, Dennis, Peter, Trish, Cynthia, Heidi, and ...


(please feel free to let me know if you would like to add your/or a friends name to our circle)

Please lift these friends family and loved ones of these people in your hearts and prayers ~

Just because you have the power and choose to to join with us there are some powerful warriors on this page and in the next place along with some awesome angels ~ together we have banded together with the energy, love and support to facilitate healing and hope for so many along their journey... and for that you should feel pride and great love in connection ~

That is the HOPE in Healing Heartaches ~

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/






"Having a good heart and benefiting others are proper attitudes for everyone, whether they are spiritual practitioners or not." {Dalai Lama}

4 comments:

Ireeeen M said...

Hi there, I AM HERE, and yes, where has everyone else been, lately ?
I am so grateful and proud to be a part of this page, your daily thoughts, Doc. and to join in on the warrior list. I give love, receive love and feel love each day. The more that goes out, the more comes in.
MOON coming full this Thurs. Harvest Moon in Sept. I wish to " harvest " my life and remain F I R M. Luv to all

Anonymous said...

I love your joy of life that you share! The airport /coffee incident was hilarious.Im glad there was no bursting of a bag. I dropped my container of quarters at laundry yesterday and they rolled and fell everywhere! Thank you for having me on your prayer list. Love ya girlie,

Anonymous said...

I too have know and do know the joy of "unconditional Love". Ther is no greater love, no greater gift. I am here everyday. Often before work to get my day started with your guidance and thoughtfulness,sometimes after work. Like a fine glass of exquisite wine, I relax, kick back and consider the thoughts and sentiments you so freely offer. For that I am grateful very day.
Sending love to all the reaers, and to our very special DR. SES.

Anonymous said...

hello......
am here too.....
wouldn't be a complete day
without a visit here !
unconditional love, hmmmm....
very grateful I am blessed !
thanks for the thoughts !
going to sleep now..
sign me,
A.