Monday, December 28, 2009



A Bubble, A Boy and two dogs
It just doesn't get much better than this!


Sometimes it's the little things that bring the most joy in life; blowing bubbles, sitting in your new robe that Santa brought and holding the little four-legged's hostage!

For the rest of us; we get pleasure from watching such antics; finding the silliness and humor enough to fill our hearts and plant new memories that will last us through another year.

It has been a wonderful holiday; one filled with great times of laughter and fun. We've told stories of "back in the day", times when those who have died were alive and quite well, reciting those memories like they were yesterday.

We are the keepers of the legacies.

It is up to us to pass the stories along to the boys; to each other making sure we all remember and that we share in the telling as we keep those who we love alive in our hearts and a part of our traditions and holidays.

I hope that those I have been honored to walk alongside of have found healing pathways to keep their loved ones alive through the stories and through the traditions of this holiday season as well. I do recognize that it is not always easy; it is often painful-loveliness as we recall, remember and include those who have died into our celebrations.  It may help to remember that as long as we live they too shall live, as long as we remember them.

We are their legacies.

  • Happy Birthday to Denzel Washington! I do so love that man!
  • There are three more days left in this year!
Today's thought is quite simple:

Love those who matter, tell them everyday... Laugh with them, have fun with them... Enjoy them like there is no tomorrow!

Celebrate your day by doing something special for YOU today.

Walk in Beauty


author of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
Dr Sherry E Showalter

Thank-you to all who have written such lovely emails and great reviews of the book! I have read each and every one!!!

Order your autographed copies of Healing Heartaches at:








8 comments:

Irene said...

Sherry, nice memories in your pictures
Enjoy the last days of 2009 & the decade.
Will remember my loved ones and do something
for ME, today, after work.

Anonymous said...

The thing I do everyday for me, without fail is read your blog. They are fun, funny, sometimes poignent and always uplifting. thank You for writing........

Anonymous said...

do not know if you though of this could we have a memorial page to remember or tell stories about the ones we lost OR could ya dircet us to such a page
tried sharing stories about my loved one with people i thought were family, but someone hit me in the head with a beer bottle and anither hit me with th refigerator door
gave up on hospice they wont let me volunteer or be in any groups
guess a computer is the only safe way to say anything this is what i am doing for me

Anonymous said...

thank you for providing the only safe place for so many people

Vicki said...

Love your blog Sherry!
Wishing you health & happiness for 2010!

Anonymous said...

regarding anon request--maybe that would be a good idea--however, some people would just stay behind closed doors --not a good thing!!

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs, they bring back so many memories for me and my family. If only we could remember to love the ones we have left each day and appreciate what they stand for. Life is so short we do not know who we will lose next. I pray each day for our soldiers and there families. I also pray for my family and all of the people in the world. Have a wonderful New Year and keep those blogs coming for all of us who need you.

Jenniferwsce said...

do not know if you though of this could we have a memorial page to remember or tell stories about the ones we lost OR could ya dircet us to such a page tried sharing stories about my loved one with people i thought were family, but someone hit me in the head with a beer bottle and anither hit me with th refigerator door gave up on hospice they wont let me volunteer or be in any groups guess a computer is the only safe way to say anything this is what i am doing for me