Wednesday, December 30, 2009

SEE YOUR MEDICAL DOCTOR FIRST!


Somedays You Just Gotta Laugh
and then
Laugh Some More!!!

Let me start this blog by saying... I love the comments! They show me that folks are really reading these words, and that just tickles me pink!

OK, let me begin by saying this: before engaging in any exercise program(s) you should consult your physician!

Now that I've said that, I will also tell you that I have never claimed nor will ever claim to be an expert on exercise or dietary matters... but I do know this! Gentle stretching is good for all of us, and it will help in ways you cannot imagine. I have also heard it said that if you eat several small meals throughout the day that you will feel great. I of course am not very good at that, but have heard others tell of the great benefit of doing so.  There is a website (webmd.com) that could be a great resource for you if you do not have access to a physician to discuss these matters with.

Blue moon is coming... the 31st on New Years Eve and I am so excited to see it! Yes, you can't find fault with a beautiful moon. It soothes the soul to be sure. I am reminded of Jessi Colter singing her bluesy rendition of "Blue Moon Out My Window"... wow that song takes me back a few years!

Blue Moons and a howling wolf and mournful wolf... hmmm..

Wolf totem:
Wolves have the stamina of ultimate of warriors, they are known to run 35 miles a day in pursuit of prey. They are unfortunately highly misunderstood animals, who have gained the reputation of being cold blooded. In reality wolves are friendly and social creatures. Aggression is something they avoid, preferring rather to growl or create a posture to show dominance.


Even though living in close knit packs provide wolves with a strong sense of family, they are still able to maintain their individuality. Wolves represent the spirit of freedom, but they realize that having individual freedom requires having responsibilities. Sounding familiar yet?

The wolf is a teacher and finder of pathways, he comes when we need guidance in our lives. Those who have a Wolf Totem will move on to teach others about sacredness and spirituality. Wolf can also teach how to balance the responsibility of family needs and not to lose one's personal identity.

Wolf teaches us to develop strength and confidence in our decisions. He shows we will learn to trust our insights once we learn how to value our inner voice. There is where many find the biggest struggle... inner voice/wisdom/trust.
This wisdom ultimately keeps us from inappropriate moves or action.
If wolf appears in your life examine where you need to develop more confidence and if you need more balance between friends, family, and yourself.

So as we approach the blue moon and the last of 2009; look within for the decisions and choices you will make in the new year!

Walk In Beauty!


Dr Sherry E Showalter, PhD, LCSW, BCD, MMsc,

author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

http://www.healingheartaches.com/
http://drsherryeshowalter.com/

8 comments:

Irene said...

Yes, 2 full moons this month.
I am the "moon child", July born.
The wolf totem info very helpful.
Looking so forward to the New Year, with your
daily words to begin new days.
Everyone, safe & healthy times ahead.
I R M

Anonymous said...

I am also a July born, "moon child."
Wondering how luna and luner somehow turned into lunatic.
Anyone know?

Anonymous said...

I have pondered how people find themselves reading these blogs. I was not referred to them...but clicked on a link on a hospice page. Guess most of us are here because we are on a healing journey. What I really wonder about is how many of us have tried countless other resources before we find ourselves here...and this is our last hope. My latest attempt was to find a grief support group through Craigslist ( I was already shunned by overstaffed hospice and churches ) Seemed like a friendly group...till one morning I found myself completely unclothed, no glasses, no purse, sexually assulted, and disoriented. I was found and taken to Mease Countryside. So, beware of support groups via Craigslist. I had tried individual therapy, but have a letter from the Board of Health that such practitioner had violated Florida stautes in multiple ways and will go before the board in January for discipline. So to Sherry, I say: I remember you telling me that I had a good heart, that I was not broken and did not need to be fixed. Sounds nice and I did believe it for a while. So, I wonder if this is our very last resort. We have tried hospice, individual therapy, church groups, craigslist, etc. If I am not bright enough to think of anything else, I would really appreciate someone enlightening me! As far as the blogs, I have learned to take what I like and leave the rest. ( The book is quite different...I absolutely love the book, it is more gentle and comforting )
And there is alot to like in the blogs...the smiling dolphin and granny's worn slippers have left an imprint on my heart. The only reason I am signing as anonymous is due to the sexual assult and pending case against a licensed practitioner. Anyone care to enlighten me as to means of support that have not crossed my mind. For today, I am grateful for this forum. If I have a "good" heart, why do so many bad things happen to me?

Anonymous said...

I have never thought of the blog as a "last resort" but rather a great resource of wisdom, kind sharing, warm stories and more. Much more.
As we have read so many times, look within....
A Happy New Year to all.

Anonymous said...

Craig'a List... Really?

Anonymous said...

when you talk of wolf or other animal appearing in our life...does that mean
1. in dreams
2. outside my front door or behind my house
3. on greeting cards or gifts from others
4. while meditating
5. in books, etc.
6. all of the above and in any way, shape, or form
7. none of the above

Anonymous said...

I feel as if you have become a wolf totem for many of us--your words of wisdom helps us to realize what we need in life to achieve nuwati.
Thnak you

Vicki said...

Sherry,
I loved the blog today...by the way, your wisdom goes far beyond words!

This is a comment to the lady that is anonymous and I am not so sure she will see this unless she looks back...
These blogs that Sherry writes are not a last resort...I suggest you see Sherry, one on one.
I was fortunate enough to be in one of her Hospice support groups and can very easily say to you that she is a pro in her field.
She will give you the tools you need to make it down your own personal journey in life and some of it will be up to you.
It is not an easy road ahead...but as she will tell you ...you will survive...

Gosh and just think...she didn't even pay me to write this!