Sunday, December 27, 2009

~ DECEMBER 27, 2009 ~





It's the little pleasures!
Angie was pleased as punch to show off her socks!


It's almost noon time ... on this Sunday morning!
I must have been tired as I am just now getting to the computer
to send out this days' blog~ Yet another first... me late, very very late to get to my day's thoughts!

  • It is the 361st day of the year
  • 4 days left in 2009
  • In 1932 Radio City opened in New York!
  • In 1901 Marlene Dietrich was born!
  • In 1943 Cokie Roberts was born!
  • In 2009 at Christmas time a terrorist tries to take down a plane with fireworks, UNSUCCESSFULLY.
Brrr, there is a chill in the Florida air today; feels like winter to be sure. The family is here; we are having the best of times! Of course there are moments, probably the same moments those of you with families at your home are having as well. Each with their own ways and expectations; each with their own thoughts that sometimes collide like ships in the night! The good news is that those collisions are temporary; the balance is restored quickly, and the next "hallmark moment" right around the corner. People are funny at times.

I hope that wherever you are and whatever you are doing today; you are finding peace, you are creating joy around you no matter the circumstance, no matter the surroundings, no matter how near or far those you love may be.

Ah... my cuz Angie is working again today, there in Virginia with the residents Highland Ridge Nursing Home and we are missing her! But we talk often and bring her up to date on what we are doing here in Florida. Her latest update: The Godmother took the boys and had their ears pierced!!! Oh boy was that surprise a real surprise and met with "You did what"?

heehe...

She still loves me, but it took some time and the boys are thrilled as they gaze in the mirror admiring their diamonds shining as they profile and grin... another first with the Godmother! That's what Godmothers' are for .... right?

So for today I leave you with this thought:

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Walk In Beauty!

From the author of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss & Life

order your autographed copies at:


http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com





4 comments:

Vicki said...

LOL
Love those socks!
Ears pierced hu? Well my 50 year old brother went Christmas eve and had BOTH of his pierced...we all think he FLIPPED his lid!
Enjoy your Holiday!

Anonymous said...

Dr Showalter, you are wonderful! Thank you for your daily blog. It inspires me, makes me think about everyday things and special things in a different way. Good luck with your book sales. I have already read mine several tiems. It is so awesome! Are you going to write another one anytime soon?
Happy Hoildays.

Irene said...

Socks & ears, ( head to toe ) presents !
Continue to enjoy, every minute.
Keep writing, cause I read every day

IRM

Angie said...

Yes my dear Cousin I was very upset but got over it quickly. After all, holes can close up and I am so sure you will be there to do it all over again! After all, what are Godmothers there for? To do things that they know mom's will not! Can't let the little things in life get to me~ I still love ya~