Sunday, December 13, 2009

WE WILL LIGHT THE WORLD TONIGHT


HAVE YOUR CANDLE AND MATCH READY AT 7PM

This year will mark the 13th year that the group has held a worldwide candle lighting that starts in New Zealand and moves across the world at 7 p.m. in each time zone! Together we will light the world in perhaps the worlds' brightest light remembering the children, while reminding those who grieve the children that they are not alone... we are community, bonding together with them in love, remembrance and support in honoring the children and their memories. We are lighting the path for visions of hope in healing!

I am reminded of that song, "This little light of mine" and how my Godson D'Vante and I used to sing it together when he was little! How powerful that song would be tonight, how powerful that song would be when the pain of loss grips us in our "nuwati" (our nervous system) when missing them so. We can remind ourselves of the light of tonight; we can remind ourselves of the love that still lives on through the vision of hope in that light of love. 


This Little Light of Mine (Light of Mine),

I'm gonna let Let it shine (Hallelujah),
This Little Light of Mine, I'm gonna let it shine,
Down in my heart (In my heart),
I'm gonna let it shine (Hallelujah)
Down in my heart (In My heart)
I'm gonna let it, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
All over the world (All over the world),
I'm gonna let it shine (Let it shine, let it shine let it shine)
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

So tonight, we will gather and remember the children and we will hug and honor those who are mourning them, joining in on the annual lighting of the candles and send our voice across the waters and the lands in remembrance of those gone too soon... no matter the age, we know that we should not outlive our children!

Hopefully by evenings end we will feel soothed in the connections of the night; we will have felt the spirit of our children with us in some way, some message or sign. We will have been reminded of the words of Chief Seattle, "There is no death, just a change of worlds". And it will have been a blessed and good evening, through the pain of loss will have come some healing in some ways and some new supports discovered among this group of special warriors; The Compassionate Friends!
I pray you all peace, I wish you visions of rainbows after the storms of sadness and grief at this holiday time...

Walk In Beauty

author of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life,
Infinity Publishing


order your autographed copies!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said, and felt, Sherry. I'll see you tonight at our candle lighting in New Port Richey...
Jean

Anonymous said...

I'll be there too. Thank you for sharing with everyone htis very special event. To take a moment to light a candle to remember the childrena and their dear families.