Tuesday, December 22, 2009


Magical Moments

Even Magic is excited! He has Kamryn and D'Vante here to play with; to run with and growl at and to kiss and lick like crazy... The puppies feel it, we feel it; the excitement is in the air, and the air in Florida is chilly this morning to be sure...brrr, think the family brought the cold from Virginia with them to the sunshine state.

The real tree is up, hope to have pictures soon! It is quite an event I must tell you. This new and real pretty fir,  it's a thirsty one and those ever fresh and fragrant little needles find their way all around the house already... hmmm, starting to understand why the artificial one has made it so long! But, it is wonderful and the ornaments are being placed with loving care. I, of course broke the first one I touched this year ~~~ and the rite of passage for the Godson's is working quite well.  #1 Godson took special care to place the tree "just right" in the stand... and then extra special care to "place the star on the top, again ... just right".  The little one, Kamryn is the "supervisor" so far and lets us know where we need more; or less and where to move things... he seems more concerned that we make peanut butter cookies for the man in Red as he has heard that is an all time favorite! He is also concerned that there be adequate space under the tree for presents, which brings me to the next subject of the day.
Do you and yours give presents during the holidays? Do you draw names? Do you go overboard?? Have you decided to just stop giving gifts as no one really needs anything this year??? Perhaps just cutting back, or coming to the realization we all have too much "stuff" and don't want to add more!!!


We decided to not give presents this year; to make it a year of experiential gifts of sorts (going to see xmas lights, going to shows, day trips, ect..) ... well, not being a materialistic person, I must tell you I have given this much thought... and ... I don't like it!

So, I have decided that it is just not right to not have presents under the tree, just not at all right if you will... after all what will hold those shiny needles and keep them from spreading all over the floor, or will keep the ornaments from shattering should they fall to the floor?  That is probably one really good thing about presents being under a tree... they serve as buffers of sorts. It is so pretty seeing all the colors; hearing all the rustle and watching all the joy in the eyes of those as they open and throw the paper around! Granny used to chase you around a room to get her present; it didn't matter the hour of night or day; if you walked in with a stack of presents you better watch out... she would find you and chase you down for hers!!! What joy and fun those days were.
But for today; the Godson's are having fun, they are enjoying the hot-tub, they are wondering where the Florida sun has gone... the family is having some of those "hallmark moments", and we are missing Angie who is in Virginia working and caring for those she works for... And the pace is getting faster here, folks trying to "get it all done" as the holidays are here... but for Mom, Linda, Dorothy, Ode, Kamryn, me and the four-leggeds, we are tucked in and we are blessed...
Magic hasn't bitten anyone yet, but it's not close to Christmas yet!!! haha and the others are too little to care, they just like to bark and have fun chasing each other all day!
All is merry and all is bright!

Well this year, I am covering all the bases here at home... the doors will be left ajar, the chimney cleared and the flue open... the lights on so that he can see; the kids will be locked in a closet to prevent them from peeking and scaring the man in the red suit... I am going to all the Malls this week and standing in line, just to sit on his lap and tell him where I live; remind him that I have been very good and that the kids are baking peanut butter cookies... I will wait and I will remind him that I didn't head butt any little kids to get ahead of the line ( think I'll take Kamryn with me for a front, he is a cute one!)

Yep, I'm covering all the bases since we have this moratorium on gifts this year... I'm leaving it up to my steadfast belief...
Yes, Dr Showalter, there is a Santa Claus... and so it is... and for that I give thanks! And it is good ~


See it ~~ Believe it ~~~ Receive It!

Expect a Miracle!

Be Kind

Pay It Forward, Today and Everyday

Be Gentle with You

When All Else Fails, Hug YOU...

Extend your hand to someone

Smile, Laugh, Dance, Embrace the Moment

Enjoy the little things in Life


"Have you been a good boy/girl this year" HO HO HO

"And what do you want for Christmas"


Walk In Beauty

Author of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

Order your autographed copies at:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must wonder if I am the only reader missing the animal theme/totems. Are they intentionally missing, so we find them on our own? Today's post makes me think like a crow...the crow must use it's keen eyes to find whatever it needs to build a nest ( Christmas) Some crows need to resort to barbed wire to build their nest, but they do make one. So...if you have absolutely no means of getting a tree, or other Christmasy stuff, maybe we have to behave like a crow. Since some of us have children/grandchilren not willing to help us get a tree and our health makes it impossible for us to get a tree...the crow would make use of the ones outside growing in the earth. My decorations and my gifts are birdseed, nuts, and berries. From the beak of a crow,

Angie said...

Oh how I wish I was there for all the "New Traditions." I know the boys are having lots of fun, so much so that Kam couldn't even begin to tell me what he had done yesterday~
My spirits will be with you all and I so look forward to seeing some pictures.....
Give my love to all and hug and kiss each other for me!!