Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Defying Gravity! Wicked Indeed ~

 WICKED
It Was... At Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center!

Oh my goodness... I think we backed the wrong witch! We have thought Glinda was the good witch all along... and what if Wicked is the way it really was, what if long before Dorothy, there was really another side to this story????  I have a much better understanding now of that quote, "I haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister"! hahaha
You know, things are not always what they seem and remember that old saying, "you can't judge a book by its cover"... well of course that does NOT apply to Healing Heartaches and we all know that ... right? haha

Wicked is sure to entertain, to delight the eyes and the senses and to surely amaze with the talents of those on stage... A different twist to be sure of a story most grew up with ... before the days of Dorothy. Ah, but it is filled with twists and turns, the good witch and the bad; which witch is which... what a switch of witches and oh my...

The greatest thoughts for today is that we all must defy gravity, fail to fall, and fail to fail . . . and of course yes, I did by the t-shirt! Had to... I loved it!!!

So for today, I must leave you with the words that were sung between the good witch and bad; Glinda and Elphaba as they shared their hearts: with the song
"For Good". Is there someone you need to say this to, is there someone that you can relate to with these words?

ELPHABA

I'm limited:

Just look at me - I'm limited

And just look at you -

You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda

So now it's up to you

(spoken) For both of us

(sung) Now it's up to you:



GLINDA

I've heard it said

That people come into our lives for a reason

Bringing something we must learn

And we are led

To those who help us most to grow

If we let them

And we help them in return

Well, I don't know if I believe that's true

But I know I'm who I am today

Because I knew you:



Like a comet pulled from orbit

As it passes a sun

Like a stream that meets a boulder

Halfway through the wood

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

I have been changed for good



ELPHABA

It well may be

That we will never meet again

In this lifetime

So let me say before we part

So much of me

Is made of what I learned from you

You'll be with me

Like a hand-print on my heart

And now whatever way our stories end

I know you have re-written mine

By being my friend:

Like a ship blown from its mooring

By a wind off the sea

Like a seed dropped by a sky-bird

In a distant wood

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you:



GLINDA

Because I knew you:



BOTHI have been changed for good



ELPHABA

And just to clear the air

I ask forgiveness

For the things I've done you blame me for


GLINDA

But then, I guess we know

There's blame to share



BOTH

And none of it seems to matter anymore



GLINDA ELPHABA

Like a comet pulled Like a ship blown

From orbit as it Off it's mooring

Passes a sun, like By a wind off the

A stream that meets Sea, like a seed

A boulder, half-way Dropped by a

Through the wood Bird in the wood



BOTH

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

I do believe I have been changed for the better?



GLINDA

And because I knew you:

ELPHABA

Because I knew you:



BOTH

Because I knew you:

I have been changed for good
~ ~ ~


And if I tell you that you are wonderful... Look in the mirror and say, "I AM WONDERFUL, I AM A CHILD OF THE UNIVERSE... I DEFY GRAVITY" ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Walk In Beauty!

author of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss & Life

order your autographed copies and tell others!
http://www.healingheartaches.com/
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

now also available at Amazon, Borders, and  bbotw.com from Infinity Publishing where you can leave your reviews as well!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baffled by the blog? Go see the play. Awesome!!!! If it is the ONLY Recreation you participate in this year it is worth it. Fabulous music, costumes, unbelievable lighting and set. Story will twist your head around the
original Wizard of Oz in many ways. Learned a lot thinking about it after I saw it. See the play. Stretch... Well worth it.

chris said...

this applies to so many relationships! I guess it's time to say to all those you care for Thank you- you have made me a better person.
So, thank you Sherry--you have made me a better person.

Anonymous said...

Dr. SES, it seems you liked the play a whole lot. Dont forget Dorothy and the Wizard of OZ. Wish we could send you some of our snow. We have about 15in. on the ground and traveling is rough. I like the quote of we do not fail to fail. We just keep on keeping on. Keep up the good work. Bless you