Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Morning Mindfulness


Lily The North American Black Bear
And her Baby!

Ready to jump into the week?

Lily and baby are doing great in MN where the temps are 9 degrees!

Tammy Stansell the woman whose benefit was last week is receiving treatment in Texas and doing pretty well last I heard! She loves knowing so many are sending prayers of healing for her.

Jewelry by Joan Inspired by Healing Heartaches is getting wonderful comments! Now let's hope for the brisk sales for her!

Linda in Apex NC is getting ready to start a book club called Healing Heartaches at Borders in her town! Thank you Linda and best wishes... sending you posters this week ~

COB is still COB and no correct guesses there! heehe

http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/ has had a major face-lift thanks to Gary Sims! The changes are great and many. Please visit me there and see all the changes! Hope you like them and enjoy...

Monday morning, here we come, ready or not! This morning finds me ready to go and be support, calming presence and a driver extraordinaire for a strong woman who has a biopsy scheduled to determine if the lump (*or mountainous thing inside her breast*) is Cancer or not...
I believe as I have said in Healing Heartaches, in therapy sessions and in speaking engagements across the country... the power of positive energy and support is something that can't be beat and is to be engaged whenever possible. So this morning with heads held high we will surround this strong widow, mother and grandmother with all of the above and join her as she goes for this biopsy. I have told her to put on the warpaint and her PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) and she is ready!

I have also gotten some interesting comments and emails, thought I would take a few mindful minutes to share my thoughts on Monday about them:

  1. Some are asking why I would blog so frequently and why in the world I am doing it at no cost...

  2. Some are wondering why I am available to others at no fees in this forum as other authors are not available to people in this way, nor are the famous, the therapists, the ones on the speaking venues

  3. Some are interested in knowing whether I charge for phone sessions and if so then why do I give things away i.e.time and talent through blogs

  4. Some are just plain out thinking I have lost my mind!
So I am wondering here... is it me? Have I lost sense of what I am to be doing as an author, a therapist, a speaker on issues of hope/healing/loss/grief/compassion fatigue? Should I be making myself more of a person that no one hears from, someone that is more of a name behind the book rather than the woman who is the book?

Am I to be illusive, out of contact, unavailable?

I do believe there is a lot of truth to the saying, "if you give it away people will assume it has no value", but is it necessary to keep thoughts alone to oneself when they may help another in our circle of life and connections?

Ah, yes I know the rich and famous are hard to connect with, are hard to contact and harder yet to get an autograph from (God knows I try on a regular basis to get autographs for the boys!). But must it be that way? Aren't the fans the ones who actually helped them to achieve those very status' through their admiration and care of them?

Is it me?

The healing ways are often shared best through stories, through caring and desire to let others be empowered to find their own path... stories that take time to share, time to care and time to nurture... does that pay ones' bills? NO. Ratz!!!

I do not know what other authors do, I know I tried and tried to contact a couple of them when writing Healing Heartaches to no avail... I have since stopped trying, but I have also stopped recommending their books too!

My point of these thoughts you are wondering?

I don't take Tylenol for anyone's fever but my own!

This blog is my thoughts, not a therapy page... I do believe that in these thoughts some have found their healing paths that they may have otherwise not found and for that I give thanks... and so it is! And it is good.

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss & Life is touching hearts, coffee cups are empty and souls are filled and krumpled kleeenexes are on the tables! Life is good, no... Life is precious, life is great, I am blessed.

Just one year ago on the 16Th of February I was in the hospital and almost didn't get out... since then Healing Heartaches has become a reality; folks are loving it, I am no longer working for hospice after many many moons... I am re-entering the speakers circuit, seeing private clients and loving each breath, each fragrance each kiss from the wind ~~~~

So keep those emails, those comments and those ideas coming folks! I look forward to the reads and have even gone back on the blogs and found that some post after the fact! That's OK too...

Thank you for spreading the words of this blogspot and of Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss & Life to all who will listen... You never know, bestsellers list here we come.

Practice those moments of purposeful mindfulness... Just b-r-e-a-t-h-e and then take one step at a time ~ ~

Blessings to you and those you love~

Walk In Beauty


DRSES

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss & Life


http://www.etsy.com/shop/jgrusso2010?view_type=gallery


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never wonder why you do what you do. Your loving red heart shines through every blog. It is in the book and we all benefit from it daily. I for one am glad you share your passion with us. Keep on doing what you do. My life is richer because of you. Thank you for your time, your thoughts and your daily Blogs. PS LOVE the book.

Irene said...

I am very thankful for your daily blogs, I look forward to them, learn from them, pass them on, live by them, love them.
I KNOW you, so I read them with an image of the person pacing around, speaking with such emphasis and purpose. I would miss if you stop sharing. You remain part of my healing process, which is an on-going ordeal for me.
Thank you Dr. SES and YES, on with my day !
IRM

Vicki said...

Sherry,

I agree with (IRM) Irene! It was so nice to hear from her this morning in an email just a few minutes ago. I received your email too & I did drop off the face of the earth last week but I am back...
I guess the ones that know you personally or (from Hospice past groups) don't second guess YOU! Who knows maybe you get so much out of writing them as we get out of reading them!
Thankful for you!

Linda said...

When I first discovered the wealth of information in these blogs, I figured you were journaling anyway, and simply had the courage to make your morning ramblings public. That is what makes them so helpful...we see raw thoughts just unfolding, spilling out into print. It's the meandering of these blogs that I find so very encouraging.

So ~ I pose a thought to all readers of this blog. Without looking back ( no cheating ) what blog picture and/or blog words are imprinted on you forever and have helped you make a profound change? While a blog is not therapy, it may be therapeutic.

The one photo that is most unforgettable to me is Oliva having "room service." It made me realize that I had never had "room service," and was so deprived as a child that I continued to deprive myself as a widow. I have broken the pattern. There are lots of afforable goodies...some even free. I no longer cry tears of sadness...but tears of joy for all I am discovering. ( Thanks, Oliva)

Most unforgettable blog was Groundhog Day. I asked if we could leave the groundhog AND the author alone. That blog taught me about too much information. As a widow living alone, I need not share too much personal info with new people who come into my life. That blog prompted me to hold my book club meetings at a public place ( Borders) rather than invite new people into my home, until I "know" them.

So, to the readers of this blog I challenge you to recall your most unforgettable photo or blog.

To Sherry: Your words are like a scattering of wildflower seeds. You may not always see where the wind will carry them, you may not always see them bury themselves in soil or take root, you may not see the seeds break open and grow into breathtaking flowers.
Thank you for scattering your words/seeds of knowledge!

And that groundhog blog is telling me take my further writing elsewhere!

Thanks!

Linda said...

Sorry for spelling Olivia's name wrong!
Know names are important....I'm sorry.
Linda

Anonymous said...

I best loved the picture of Dr. SES sitting across form her Granny. I like getting to know the author through personal thoughts and being able to put a face with the name. I think everybody's contributions to the blog are well spoken. Let's keep going forward. Keep the blogs coming, we will keep learning and growing through them.

viridian.com/greendays said...

Ramble ? SES DOESN'T RAMBLE, O.K maybe a little. So awesome that one reader found my daughters Room Service Pic inspiring . Great advice to all is LIVE LIKE A CHILD- they have so much more fun than we do ( and sleep better too). SES'S words are inspiring and funny, its a blog, a gift to all of us , not to worry readers, the Universe will "pay" SES back ten-fold. And sorry to all of you who don't know her personally, because you haven't had the pleasure in hearing her voice- OH THE VOICE , like none other. Maybe you will have the chance to hear her speak one day, then you too will be able to "hear" that great voice as you read her blogs"

Janeth Panta said...

Your blog posts are a treasure to your readers, dear Sherry. I like the content often positive and encouraging. Today, for example, after a few moons away from the blog, I was reminded of my "warrior within" that I should never forget is there... I especially loved the paragraph in which you said "I have told her to put on her warpaint..." That phrase alone gave me a tremendous shot of energy and courage that probably would not have happened if you did not share your thoughts with us so often. So, thanks for that Dr. Showalter! Hugs.

Oh, and my favorite photos are those of Native American Indian arrows, feathers and dreamcatchers. My favorite blogs: those I've commented on.

Happy Monday All!

chris said...

ah but to finsih a hectic day reading your blog and then have time to absorb it all--that time has become most precious. I, along with all the others can't thank you enough. I think my most favorite pic & blog is the kitchen table series. Thank you for it all! Lily & the cub is another one--forgotten mourners is another one--oh hell they're all good. thank you, thank you. Maybe the master plan is for you to leave as many prints as possible on the world. I certainly hope so. L&H

Linda said...

Hi Joan,
I truly meant "rambling" as a compliment.
Wild roses ramble.......vines ramble.

All this "rambling" about Healing Heartaches has just brought about my first public speaking engagement! The president of our Homeowners Association ( which included 600 homes) has asked if I would like to be on the agenda praising how Healing Heartaches has inspired me to bring a community of homeowners together via a book club. My answering machine message now includes a message "for those calling about Healing Heartaches, I will get back to you."

Besides speaking at our HOA board meeting, someone can also arrange for me to talk at a Chamber of Commerce meeting.

Enough rambling here...I need to e-mail my responses to people wanting me to speak.

PLEASE keep your favorite photos & blogs coming!

They are all great....but which ones really hit a nerve with you?

Anonymous said...

Dr. SES, thank you so much for your blogs. Todays blog covers it all for all of us followers. I to am getting ready to take my best friend for a test. She just recently lost her husband of 49yrs. and she is having a rough time with her loss. She has had two sisters and a brother who she lost with cancer so we are weary of what the Dr. will find. Asking for prayers for her and her family.

Joan jewerly is very pretty and I think she will do well. Thank you for sharing for all of us who has heartaches and loss.

Anonymous said...

Let us pray for all mentioned in these blogs &
comments, the woman going for the biopsy, the best friend going for the test, those creating jewelry, those starting book clubs, those taking the time to comment, and of course Sherry. I LOVE the Cherokee Prayer at the end of Healing Heartaches:
Aho!
Oh Great Spirit!
Help me always to speak the
Truth quietly, to listen with
an OPEN mind when others
Speak, and to remember the
Peace that may be found in silence..................................