Friday, July 13, 2012

Lucky us, it's Friday the 13th!

Let's hear it for
Friday the 13th!
Now that's what I'm talking about,
a day to get your shine on.
A day to be in your happy place
or to tell others to join you there,
or just get out!
Yep it's once again 
Friday the 13th!
Let's get our
Lucky on!
Maybe even find a shiny dime, and do a dance that everyone can see while out in the sun or dancing in the rain,
it is a day to own as yours!
That bad luck thing and those superstitions?
Ah come on now, let's do this thing, but keep an eye out for those poor cats, as statistics will tell ya, more bad things happen to black cats on Friday the 13th than any other day of the year as a result of sick humans out there.
Ladders?
Well why walk under them, when you can carefully take step by step to the heavens or the steps of success!
Seems that's a no brainer if you ask me.
So here we go, into another day of wonderment, a day of great luck and jokes, and horror movies for some.
For today,
I hope you will use your eyes, your ears, your heart and your brain to lead you and guide you to wonderment.
Life is truly a joyous adventure
and at times intense
and it is up to each of us to reach
to climb and if need be to claw out of trenches and up trees for a better view or out of harms way.
So on this lucky 
Friday the 13th
get on that ladder and climb
one step at a time
With faith, hope, and a desire to be all that you are!
Have the best day ever and know that you are the one that has been given all that you need to be more than you think while enjoying your freedoms as a result of those who are out there somewhere with 70+ pounds on their backs, standing for all of us
in uniform.
Someone is watching YOU;
it may be a black cat,
or it may be your neighbor, child or niece of nephew of  generations removed, and it is your Ancestors.
Do you proud in each step you take, each word you formulate
and each breath you take.
Someone doesn't have that privileged grace today.

JUST GET OUT THERE AND HAVE A RAZ A MA TAZZ KINDA
FRIDAY THE 13TH
wherever you are
and
SHOUT
just because you can!
 
Walk in Beauty
DRSES

9 comments:

oshkosh said...

I am ruined for the day. I knew not to click on that song!! I live in a MOWTOWN LINE as it is! Went to pick up grandson to take him to breakfast yesterday. He is 2and a half. Get in the car, and he goes, music Nana, music. I ask him what song, and he said,
Pat-teee Nana, Pat-teee. So all the way to the resturant, he was kicking those legs, movin' his butt in the car seat, groovin his arms and head, and his shoulders, and "Stirring it up" all the way. He has a natural rhythm, and it is also in his feet..when we dance on the kitchen tile. What amazes me is when mama says, "pack my clothes up baby, I'll be gone"--he starts in saying, "go to your house Nana, go to your house. (He wants to stay all night). I plan on helping him keep his "joy" along the way.

fluff said...

Hello Dr. Sherry - Wow - It's Friday! It's Friday! and we made it through the work week! Well almost for me. I still have 3 hours before my day here is over. Then on to the weekend. Yes indeedy Friday the 13th. My sweet Mom, Bless her, was so superstitious and did instill some of that on us kids with the 13th, Black Cats, walking under ladders, no umbrellas opened in the house, don't step on cracks in the sidewalks and all those other superstitions! I really don't like the 13th of any month if I think of it because a few 13ths have been horrible days of loss for me. Hmm, was it the date or just meant to be? If you can believe it!! - just this morning I came out my door at 5:00 to go to work and what was sitting on my bottom step - YES - that poor skinny black cat that has been hanging around my house the last few weeks! He then ran under my car and then across the street under my neighbors car! Hmmm - very scary!!! He has been sitting on top of my car some mornings and I leave his muddy foot prints on the window and car roof Friday the 13th and a black cat on my step. If those things bothered one, one would have gone back in the house and covered ones head with the blanket and stayed home Ha Ha! No... here I am at work, going about my day and waiting till 3:00 so I can get my weekend going and go to the shelter and take care of the animals there tonight, including 4 more black cats that need furever homes.
Anyway, I wish each of you a terrific Friday the 13th of July and count your Blessings as you go. Thanks so much Dr. Sherry for Keepin it Real. I am missing those You Tube videos. Waiting to watch them again. /Sandy♥

oshkosh said...

Yeah, where are the you tubes?? I forgot to mention that yesterday.

DrSES said...

DANCE TO THE MUSIC; holding all up in the rhythm of the sun, the rain, riding on lightning bolts as i see Osh and the little one doing the slide across the tile; that black kat just wanting some lovin from Fluff on a Friday of wonderment, as it leaves its trace on the car of her memories....

Let's goooo and start your motors runnin all the way across the cracks to the ladders with the umbrellas ready at 4p for the storms of Florida to rock your world... and er well, the videos are comin...

hahaha, ohhh how I love to read the comments and to hear from all.

blessings on the winds as you outshine yourself!

Dot/Mom/Cob said...

Black cats, blue cats, red cats, I dont like any of them. When I was growing up my brothers used to throw them on me and they would scratch me all over. I know it is not the cats fault it was the brothers. I still dont like cats so dont tell me I will love your cat. I wont.. Friday 13th. and guess who is in town on a rainy day??? The President of the United States is in Roanoke, Va.. No I didnt go see him as there will be thousands of people there and most of the streets will be closed so I dont like crowds either. Weird I am. I hope all will have a glorious day. My friend and I just went out to lunch and I think we ordered everything on the menu. We started out with fried green tomatoes, clam chowder soup(the best) bread, salad and pot pie. Most of this came home with me. ugh, ugh, good. Wishing you all many blessings today and always. Thanks to Dr. SES

DrSES said...

welp we've now heard that dot/mom/cob sure dont like cats, any cats, any color.. and they sure do know it and saddle up to her each and everytime they get the chance!!! LMAO

fried green tomatoes, ohhh lawd, where is mine?

best of Friday the 13th to all!

Anonymous said...

I'm with COB, NOT a cat fan. Fully into pups. Not superstitious either. I like Friday the 13th, wish we had one each month, just cause people act so silly about it and I find that amusing. I would however outshine the sun today, if there was any sun to compete with. soggy days and rainy nights. Loving my new cr, but thinkin it should have pontoon tires....Ah, life is good. all is well. take care, and enjoy what is left of this fun day.

Andersonhztm said...

Black cats, blue cats, red cats, I dont like any of them. When I was growing up my brothers used to throw them on me and they would scratch me all over. I know it is not the cats fault it was the brothers. I still dont like cats so dont tell me I will love your cat. I wont.. Friday 13th. and guess who is in town on a rainy day??? The President of the United States is in Roanoke, Va.. No I didnt go see him as there will be thousands of people there and most of the streets will be closed so I dont like crowds either. Weird I am. I hope all will have a glorious day. My friend and I just went out to lunch and I think we ordered everything on the menu. We started out with fried green tomatoes, clam chowder soup(the best) bread, salad and pot pie. Most of this came home with me. ugh, ugh, good. Wishing you all many blessings today and always. Thanks to Dr. SES

Lori Christensen said...

Yeah, where are the you tubes?? I forgot to mention that yesterday.