Monday, April 5, 2010

MONDAY, MONDAY, MARVELOUS


Dr Lynn Rogers
and
His Beloved North American Bear
WHAT CAN I TELL YA
I Am Amazed by LIFE and HOPE!



Waitin for the world to wake up, yep just waitin for that sun to jump up right here and say, "Good mornin DRSES, let's STOMP INTO MONDAY" ~ ~ ~

Easter in Tarpon Springs FL is a noisy time... a time in the evening of home made firecrackers and bomb like noises that make the four leggeds "nutz" and often wear on the nerves of many (mine included) as folks celebrate Easter. I've been told that it's a "Greek Thing", but I've yet to understand why in the world anyone would enjoy the noise, and why it starts before the holidays and continues on ... Spent most of yesterday relaxing, visiting with all on Facebook on the Lily bear fan page... it was great... many visited here for the first time as well. All but one was happy about knowing about this page..There is always one, and that ONE left a comment as "anonymous" saying I was "spamming" the Lily bear site by telling others about this page! Funny no one seemed to think so! Like I say, there is always "One" you remember the same "One" that shows up when you are caring for a loved one after the work is done, the "one" at the services, the "one" at the party, the "one" that knows best... Just try to remember Barbara Streisand singing, "No one's gonna rain on my parade", that song will serve you well as you go about creating a wonderful day for yourself... or as you go about your life in general...  Hope you had a wonderful holiday in whatever ways you celebrated, whatever ways you took best care of you. But the firecrackers? Me and the four-leggeds could have done without, no wonder that Easter bunny only brought beautiful eggs with pictures on them to my pal Randy from the Lily the Bear's page and not me :), probably scared he would have to hear that racket...

Oh well, what ever floats your boat I guess, but the residual effects on the four-leggeds... well let's leave it to say, they were crawling up around my throat last night as I sat with krumpled kleeenex watching the Animal Planet's broadcast of Dr Lynn Rogers, Black Bear Researcher, and "the man" we all love in Ely MN... If at all possible you need to see this show "Bearwalker" and visit http://www.bear.org/ to order the DVD if you want to understand the North American Black Bear better. Dr Rogers is a wonderful and sensitive man who has dedicated his life to the North American Black Bear... To our beloved Lily and baby HOPE . . . "It's me Bear"
Once you see him, see his "bear spirit" you too will be captured ~

Isn't life amazing?

Really, isn’t it amazing that every single day the sun comes up in all it’s glory? Isn’t it a miracle that we can make this day count? That we are surrounded by nature. That flowers bloom, trees leaf, clouds fill the sky. All this and we are privileged to enjoy it everyday without lifting a finger? Imagine what it would be like if we each had to hang the moon every night. If we personally had to pull the sun out of the sky. If we had to produce the rain single handedly.




I guess I am marveling at all that nature gifts us with. Last night watching the Bearwalker; seeing the beauty in the terrain, the magic in the bears, their intelligence; their amazing grace with their young... life in all its wonder and gentleness along with its harshness at times. It truly takes my breath away at moments like this.

Some days I am very mindful of these gifts, am literally in awe that the day unfolds he way it does. I know too that some days I am spinning so fast, I don’t even slow down enough to see it. Really see it. How silly is hat. What a waste.




Albert Einstein said “There are only two ways to live your life, One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” I believe that everything is a miracle! S T O M P ~ into your day! OWN IT, MAKE IT WONDERFUL.


Nature is miraculous! Lily the North American Black bear gave us HOPE... isn't that a miracle? Over 95,000 people came together on a fan page created on Facebook and for the most part are caring and loving individuals that together rally together with HOPE because of Lily a North American Black Bear because of the life long work of Dr Lynn Rogers, Sue Mansfield and a staff of dedicated folks in a little town in Ely MN... now that's a miracle ~  And today we will rise up to meet and greet a new day, on a Monday... Ready?


That’s why I rise early. Sit outside with my coffee and soak up the sunrise. Maybe partly too because my patio faces east and I’d have to be blind to miss the pink morning sky. Just kidding… But the universe does line things up for us. To watch the sun set I would have to climb up on the roof, or be somewhere besides in my home in the evening. All this time, I have had a fascination with sunsets, and now, here and now, the sunrise is my most frequent relationship with the sky.




Really gotta get out more. Again, just kidding.



Now that the days are longer, and the sun shines mostly every day, I promise myself that I will capture more sunsets on the Gulf. Ah to live in the sunshine state. It's that time of the year where balance is returning, you know the day and night time are going to start balancing out... HOPE, DANCE, LAUGH




But, back to what I was reflecting on. I am really, really amazed at every little thing around us that grows, and flows, cheeps, coos and sounds like a motor revving up and blooms. Starry skies, puffy clouds, breezes, dew on the grass. Ant farms, birds nests. This is an endless list. How lucky, how very blessed are we that we have only to look around us to enjoy it all.


Sometimes I just have to stick my face up and soak up some rays. To feel the warmth of the sun. Awesome. To walk on the beach, to feel the sand.
I am mindful today that these are the gifts of nature. They really are gifts. It’s as if we win the nature lottery every day. HOPE



Take time today to enjoy them. Let each moment unfold in all it’s wonder. Get up early and stay up late. Bask in it. Revel in it. You know I am all about celebrating. Stomp your feet and feel the good earth beneath you. Breath deep. Smile because you too can feel it.




Agatha Christie said “I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, wracked with sorrow, but through it all, I still know quite certainly, that just to be alive is a grand thing


To everyone, this day is yours. Own it. Celebrate it. Practice Mindfulness ~

The fire is burning brightly on this beautiful Monday, the embers are hot and the messages of HOPE, strength and love are being sent on the winds of spring to those in need, those who are fighting and those who are missing others... The list is long, you know who you are... We are with you...
The Warpaint is on for those who are going through the battles: You are all wrapped in the arms of some powerful angels, find your comfort there to do what is needed and stand strong knowing you are not ever alone.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing... Make it a splendid Monday...

Love all the wonderful comments... Love them... didn't have a lot of chocolate... nope not tea, not how I roll ! LOL
p.s.Tonya, have a marvelous Monday!

Walk In Beauty

author of

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

order yours above, or
Amazon, Borders, BBOTW.com



 


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Up way before the sun today. Glad I know that it is on the way. The bear show last PM on Animal Planet was wonderful. I so enjoyed yesterdays comments on the blog. Love to start my day with such positive energy. Good Mornin fellow readers. Holding each of you in my thoughts. Our little family here is growing. Welcome to those who are new to us. Best Monday to all.

Anonymous said...

Stomping into this day! Ready to tackle another week and suck the juice out of every moment. Loved teh Agaha Chrisie quote. Thank you for another wonderful Blog. I start every day with your wisdom. The fires burning, embers hot is the best visual.

Irene said...

Goooooooooood morning !
The sunrise spectacular, HOWEVER, the
Shuttle launch was the highlight of my A.M.
Picture perfect, neighbors out with coffee in
hand, cameras, ooooh and ahaaaa's.
Anyway, the world around us is the BEST we have
Take it all in as Dr, SES says. I never fail
to miss nature, the sky, sun, moon, stars, birds, you name it, I am in touch with it.
I so enjoy being aware of my surroundings.
REMEMBER THE FIRE, Sherry ?
I missed the Bear story on the tube last eve.
I hope everyone had a great Sunday, Easter or
whatever you celebrate. Joy on Monday !
F I R M

Unknown said...

Great Monday mornin! Must be a million birds singing today. That's a sure sign tht spring has sprung! Irene, sorry you missed the bear story. It was beautiful. Sad moments too, but what an amazing close up view of the bears.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Ready to cheer eveyone on to the best week.
STOMPIN ON!

Cathy Madden said...

Hello Sherry, first timer here. I'm a Lily and Hope lover. I lost my job a year ago February and haven't found employment yet. When I came across Lily just before she gave birth to Hope I thought well, this is interesting. I never in a million years thought I'd get so connected and fall so madly in love with these two bears. I had a facebook but had never done anything with it. It took me a couple of weeks and I was joined with the group and again fell so in love with the Lily facebook fans. I'm a lover of life but the year of 2009 came and kicked me in the buttocks. I'm getting back in the swing and looking seriously for employment. I told my husband of 40 years yesterday that this week is my week to find a job. I don't want it though if it's not the place for me. I'm 60 years old and need to work till I'm 70. Hope you have a great day today and HOPE IS ALIVE!

Sandy said...

HOPE is the word of the day. Everyone repeat it over and over and when you do remember it has two meanings. Hope for yourselves and Hope in Ely.

viridian.com/greendays said...

What a beautiful Day ! that photo of DR. Rogers and Lily is amazing. He is some kinda a special. Cathy, I am looking for a job too - its stressful, but something good will come our way - HOPE HOPE HOPE!
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE !

Anonymous said...

What wonderful, truly heartfelt words. Let us all give thanks for what we have been blessed with...for we are all truly blessed. Let us give thanks everyday. For without knowing the One who has given us those blessings, we are lost.

LOTS OF LOVE JILL said...

<3 I LOVE TO READ EVERYTHING YOU WRITE MY FRIEND !! LILY GAVE US HOPE!!!! <3

Anonymous said...

My gratitude is to the universe for all that I have, to my parents for much of what I was taught, and to myself for the abiltiy to be all that I was meant to be. Bless others with your gifts, accept the gifts you recieve with gratitude and own the results. STOPM. I feel another rocket blast off this AM.

Chris said...

Hi everyone--it sure is one beautiful day here in NY--Mother Nature is doing herself proud with this day...one of my grandaughters wants to go to the beach and I think that it's a great place to go and stomp around for a little while. Meanwhile the other one is trying to take the computer away!!!! feels good to be around such craziness!! another reason to stomp!! talk to ya later.....

Tonya Mae said...

What a beautiful reading to have available to me this morning... that is also a beautiful gift.

I am ready to stomp into my day!