Sunday, April 18, 2010

STILL THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH ~ HAPPY SUNDAY


Sunday Mornin'
Still in Awe!
Nana, Joan and Olivia
Went to Ringling Brothers Circus Last Night!

Wow... it's been a long time since I was at the circus... and oh my~~~

Another first for my Olivia! Her first time to the circus ~ and it was spectacular... we had a ball... Can you imagine seeing an elephant actually paint??? Truly a work of art~ sure wish we would have been the ones to have won it in the drawing! Still rather surprised that Olivia was not the name drawn to be quite honest ~
What a night...

From the moment we arrived until the moment we arrived safely home... each breath was remarkable, all memories that will be savored and kept as treasures... Once again, I am so very blessed indeed. The three of us remarked over and over that while it was a dear family members' birthday on the 17th of April we may not have been together to celebrate, but we sure did celebrate the day on her behalf!!!

I read the comments of yesterday with joy and shared them with Olivia, she was so pleased that many enjoyed the jelly fish information! We actually have talked more about it since then... finding it more and more intriguing.
Since then we have also found more subjects that just find there way into our days. I also asked her about feelings and thoughts about the what if's... like "what if you don't always get your way"... 

Well my girl thought about the question for a few minutes and replied like this: "Well Nana, you know, I just don't really have that problem too much! But if I did, I don't think it would really bother me that much!"  That's my girl, gotta love her! 

She and Joan (her mom) are happy, truly happy; they have each other, through sun, shade, rain... they know HAPPY... They have "Nana", they have "unconditional love"...

we are having the best time, doing nothing, doing everything, from the first light of day to the last tickle of night and kiss and tuck in... and I say to myself, what a wonderful world.

So as I find myself being intrigued about the self confidence of a nine year old in all the wonder of the world, in the accomplishments that her young life as she moves through new experiences with confidence that many adults have yet to find, I smile and find that she is growing and finding her way with a fierce determination and an old soul... and I am filled with pride and laughter at the same time, along with amazement at her amazing childlike qualities that delight my senses.

It is a good day, a day of promise for more excitement and wonder here in Maryland today, of fresh smells of spring, of laughter and beauty that will surround me, fill my soul and warm my spirit. Heaven only knows what astounding things I might learn today from the mouth and the eyes of a babe! I am open to learn, and happy to share here...

Crabcakes are as good as ever at Phillips Seafood House at the Inner Harbor as the ever were I am happy to report! Can you even imagine that some things stay that wonderful after all these years? haha

The redbud trees are splendid in their colors as are the dogwood trees, and the green of the trees and the grasses are magnificent.

Everything is so very alive, the sounds are crisp as is the air, you can almost hear the new birth of flowers breaking free from the soil. New beginnings are everywhere these days. The city is alive . . . you can feel it.

The fire is burning brightly, yes those embers are hot~
Chris, I am so glad to hear the docs are pleased with your progress, sending you healing thoughts and hope you will soon be well enough to return home to FL. Those angels continue to have their arms wrapped around you, the thoughts of many, the prayers are always with you. Warpaint on, you are never alone.
Jill, everyone is paw in paw with you dear one, fight, rest, fight, keep the faith.
Laura, stand at the finish line waiting for Shauna, riding for the cure of MS... you have some powerful folks standing with you in spirit.
Ride on Shauna, we are with you.
To all of you who "know who you are" sending healing thoughts, and prayers to you always on the wind...

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, blessings to you on this day... Take best care of you...
STOMP, CELEBRATE YOU, MAKE IT REMARKABLE, YOU ARE REMARKABLE

hotchauknowyu

Walk In Beauty,

DRSES

Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life






3 comments:

Irene said...

Good Sunday Morn to all.
It is a dreary, rainy day here in Florida,
however, making the MOST of being alive,
counting MY blessing, as well as blessing of those I love. The rain will " green " up
everything. I am patiently waiting for the
Jacaranda trees to burst with their beauty.
Hummy, I can smell those CRABCAKES, Sherry.
Enjoy the remainder of your stay with your loved ones, safe travels home. Always, FIRM

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful morning, raining here too, but it sounds so soft and sweet. I can hear the little cheeps of the birds. I just know that Mother Earth is enjoying the water fest. Good day to be home. Can anyone say music in the backround and a good book? Chores calling but faintly, dimmly, way in the back of my mind. I can easily ignor that call.
Thinking about the MS Ride for the Cure. I am starting a new coin jar to contribute to the cause, adds up quick. Will kick off my jar with a $50.00 bill I recieved unexpectedly in a mini windfall yesterday. One small painless way that we can all get in on the fundraier. I think Laura said last year that the accounting is complete for this fund raiser in July. Should be able to produce plenty of coins by then. I am a one person coin factory it seems. Just looking at the ashtray in my car is a good start. Any ideas frrm others? Let's put our $ where our mouth is and join her efforts in a tangable way this year. Maybe we can enlist Chris in starting a new "maid service" while she recovers. After all she welds a vaccum and makes beds, all while just a few days post op. By now she could probably pick a whole house up and dumpit on it's head. So the challenge is for us all to come up with some ideas of how to boost this seasons efforts for one of our own here on the blog. Anybody up to the challenge?

Anonymous said...

I am! Thanks Dorothy!! Last year I saved change for several months... guess how much??? It was well over 130.00 I was able to contribute to Shawna's ride!! Never even missed it, or noticed I was short on change!! It's a great cause!!