Saturday, April 24, 2010

RIGHT WAY RELATIONS ~ DO THE RIGHT THING ALWAYS


Well OK, might be a little blurry BUT
Eileen Dohmann,
A woman of great honor and Integrity
Always Living and Doing The Right Thing!
Right Way Relations
My Friend and I here in Arlington VA



Last night at the Omni Shoreham the National Hospice Foundation "ROCKED"... The Gala was indeed "all that and more than a bag of chips"!
Dr Bernice Catherine Harper was regal in purple on the arm of DRSES in white as we entered the ballroom ~ LOL... of course it took about 45 minutes as everyone wanted to see the grand dame of hospice and just speak to her, just touch her, just say "Hello Dr Harper"... gotta love some Dr Harper ~ or should I say... after all these years I still love some Dr Bernice Catherine Harper! We saw Samira who still is wonderful and chatted.. the three of us sat on the first hospice commitee on cultural diversity in hospice ~ we were diversity before "diversity" was cool ~ we got a great laugh over that last night~ an evening of great memories now to be certain, as she introduced me as: "My friend and old colleague, Dr Sherry E Showalter, author of Healing Heartaches, and someone who I worked with long ago in hospice regarding access to minorities and cultural diversity within hospice!" What an honor ~ My heart is still full.


Do the Right Thing, it's the way of right way relations ~



"Always do right, This will gratify some people and astonish the rest". {Mark Twain}






We must not fall in to the habit of taking the path of least resistance. We must always do the right thing. Because it is the right choice for our lives.
The fact is we all know right from wrong. We know when we are talking ourselves into a “sorta right” action because it suits the moment, but to do right on a day to day basis is to live a good life. It is the way of "right way relations; with self and others".
If we silently grapple with justifying some action that throws someone else under the bus, we do know that deep down in our heart, where our soul lives, we are making a bad choice.






It may sound like a cliche, but be honest. Honest in word and deed. Honesty must be the standard we all live by. We honor others with truth, we respect ourselves by being unfailingly truthful. Truth, offered up with kind intention can be made palatable even in the worst, most difficult encounter.






An honorable person is trustworthy. A trustworthy person is gold. Pure gold.
So, be honest in all your endeavors.
Be kind, forthright, do the right thing.

When all else around you fails, you will not have failed yourself, nor those you value.
Doing the right thing requires no explanation and no apology.






If I knew no one would ever find out what I have done, I would still do the same right thing. Because, I will always know what I have done.

I am responsible for my integrity.

I am the only one that will forever live with the consequences of the person I am and the person every choice leads me to become.

I choose good deeds, worthy thoughts, and esteem to always live up to a high standard. It is the foundation of our character. I choose to live my life in right way relations... it is the way of the Universal Oneness; the way of the Ancestors, the way of my relations... it is in the honoring of them that I honor myself and that I keep them alive within me and those that I love and honor here... right here right now ~ and for that I give thanks~ And so It Is! Wado ~






"You do not wake up one morning a bad person. It happens by a thousand tiny surrenders of self-respect to self-interest". ~Robert Brault~






Others may, attempt to derail your reputation, your integrity will speak for itself. Speak truthfully, act with integrity, be honest and kind, loving, considerate, giving and thoughtful. In doing so we honor ourselves, and the life we are meant to live. This can be taught to our children from wee and little ones... and they grow and they learn, and they live right way relations.,,, and so it is good!


Live well. Do the right thing, because we can. We must. It is the way of right way relations; it feels good, it opens up the door of this place and the next place... it opens a world of beauty through heartaches, it is all and one, and all that has ever been and will ever be... and it honorable...

Laugh out-loud, smile until your face hurts, practice random times of kindness.,.. love each other with passion, smile at strangers until they smile back at you ~ Practice mindfulness and still your mind ~ Work is work... it will always be there, your family is precious... they will grow and change, will you notice? Start noticing today~ S T O M P, PLAY, HAVE F U N...

Warp speed into life with integrity honor and living life to the fullest ~ do the right thing always.... Start today...

The fire is burning brightly, the embers are RED HOT... Thoughts on the wind to those who have asked, those who have forgotten! To 6 year old Shelby, many are praying for your continued strength and healing... For Jill and your "new bald look" you have the spirit of "BeAR and now the Eagle" looking over you, encouraging and many hear praying and holding you close, paw in paw, we are here with warpaint on, fighting alongside you dear one... Fight, rest, FIGHT...
Chris in NY, awaiting the treatment plan, adjusting to life without "the girls"... feisty as she can be so angels tell me, we have our arms around you Chris... Laura home from TX where her daughter rode that bike to cure MS... a challenge is being put together to fight MS, we have our warpaint on for all and in "Southwest Virginia" sending love on the wind.
To all those hospice folks heading home all over the country leaving DC, safe journeys to all, it was an honor to meet you, to NHPCO thank you for the opportunity to join with you and share Healing Heartaches with so many...

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing...
Do it the best you can... honestly and with honor... remembrance and joy..,, Jaren is up to tricks from the other side, I can feel her joyful and prank spirit...

Walk In Beauty
DRSES

author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
order yours at
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/
or at the NHPCO.org
marketplace~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be another AWESOME day! It has been great fun hearing about you adventures in DC. Thanks for the update, and thanks for taking the time to Blog even though it sounds like you have been keeping a busy schedule. Picture is pretty fuzzy. Did you girls have a cocktail before the photo? Maybe it's me.
To all, enjoy the weekend. Crank up some tunes and rock on.

Anonymous said...

TO HEAR YOU ARE HAVING FUN....MAKES ME HAPPY!
YOU DESERVE, HAVE EARNED IT !

I enjoyed the days read... be the best I can today, safe place for me is the beach. Have a safe trip home... are you coming home EVER ...
THEN AGAIN HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS.. Stomp..
looking in the mirror and seeing many faces...
wicked cool... today I'll wear my peaceful and playful face... hey, I look like someone today that I used to know....
.

Anonymous said...

This has already been a great day! True to myself. Easiest person in the world to be is just myself. I am never too interested in what others may say about me, I know who I am and I am pleased with who that is. May grow alot more, and hope I do, but am good right now. May learn a million more thing, and I will be pleased to do so, but for now I know enough. I am secure in who I have become. I do the right thing because I can. It is a comfortable frame of mind. Best to all.