Friday, April 23, 2010

We ARE CAPABLE OF SO MUCH

wE are Capable of So Much
Just Imagine...





Oh what a day I had yesterday!
HAVE I MENTIONED...
                        HOSPICE ROCKS!!!

The book signing was awesome... the people outrageous with their spirit, their "hospice hearts, their commitment of caring and enthusiasm...
They came from all over the country, the twinkle in their eyes... And they love to hug! I had a ball to be certain ~ I am honored, I am touched by their words and their desire to read Healing Heartaches, and their interest in getting me to speak at their hospices~ I'll be back there later today to sign books and hopefully meet more of those wonderful folks from hospice and then... THE GALA, and Dr Bernice Catherine Harper, a true pioneer "the professionals professional" my hero!!! I will sit beside her at the Gala, and just hold on to each word, while looking into her eyes of wisdom and enjoy each moment of a very special hospice evening as the pioneers of hospice are honored ~ ~ ~ I am richly blessed.

And as I sit with my coffee in this lovely room here in Arlington, I am just amazed at all the gifts I have received on this visit; all the love that I have been the recipient of, all the wonder in the world from the children and the child in the adults of all I have been honored to sit with, to talk to and those I don't even know but have met along the way! To all I say, "Wado", it has truly been a pleasure from the moment I stepped off the plane in Baltimore and got that overdue hug by my Joan and circled the beltway more than once as we were distracted by "catching up"!!!


 Remembering that whether we think we CAN or think we can't ... WE are RIGHT!
So... what do you think?  Yes...
                                                        I really want to know~

I know I am a "firewalker" I am FEARLESS...

 




"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done". ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow






Humans are capable of all things good and bad. We are capable of success, and failure. We each have the capacity to love and to loathe. It is the choices we make that govern the value of the life we live. We know that our attitude is more than half the battle. If we define through our actions the values we hold dear, making the right choice feels effortless. Executing the tasks may pose challenges.
But . . . we are strong capable people.
So we rise to the occasion, visualize the path we have chosen, march to the beat of our own drum and move forward. I mean ... c'mon how in the world did someone ever think to make a sandwoman right there in that photo with nothing more than a plastic butter knife and a little bucket of water? And... legs coming right out onto the sidewalk?  Gotta give him "props" for creativity and imagination for that one, and remarkable beauty out of sand and wonderment of his thoughts right? Talk about thinking "i can", he was "all over it" in my "opinion" LOL



So... here's what I'm thinkin this morning,
Let's all just "Be all that we chose to be"~.
Turn quickly away from the choices that would diminish our good life, our good thoughts and deeds. We don’t have to hate our enemy, we have only to refuse to be like them.
We can refuse to emulate their actions.
We can choose to suffer jealousy for what others have, or
         anchor ourselves in gratitude for what we have.






Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal in to a feast,
                                                                 a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow".
{Melody Beattle}






While we are capable of great successes, we can choose to see small failures as opportunities to grow. We have the capacity to grow stronger each day, through each experience. We can choose not to become a failure because every effort is not an instant success. We can teach these same things to our children in small ways; starting small and working tall ~ by example, through stories so that they get it, really get it. And they will get it! I promise, they will grow strong with the idea of whether they think they can or think they can't ... they are right!
Speaking of kids...Why should kids have cell phones with text and pictures? Everyone they would ever want to call is at school with them! When at home, there is a phone right there on a desk, in the kitchen? Right?
When on an outing they can borrow an adult's phone or a camera if they want to take a picture!
Texts and pictures on a cell phone are too big a temptation for bad decisions led by peer pressures, by brains that are not fully developed to make sound decisions, that often lead to troubles later on or heartaches ... who are they needing to call after all... think about it! OK, just an opinion.. did not I just have thoughts and opinions LOL





We consciously decide not to pursue every capacity that we have. Just having the capacity to do something does not mean we have to do it. Not all potential is meant to be executed. As always, make each a good choice.






Live life to it’s fullest. Be strong, enjoy each day. Do not waste a single moment. S T O M P, DANCE IN THE RAIN, I had the opportunity to do that yesterday in my mocs here in Arlington... gotta be careful on bricks in mocs in the rain... you can get that "boom boom pow" if not cautious~!


Strive to reach your full capacity for change, for goodness, for good health, love, friendship, wealth, true happiness, joy and success in all that you dream to be and all that YOU ARE.






BE ALL THAT YOU CHOOSE TO BE. Achieve your capacity for GREATNESS with each and every breath, each and every step, every STOMP...

Much to do today, many books to sign, hands to shake, hugs to feel and to give...

The fire is burning brightly, the embers are HOT . . . songs and thoughts of strength, HOPE in healing on the winds to Chris, Jill, today; to those in "Southwest Virginia" you know who you are, to all of those who have asked, to those who haven't ... To 6 year old little Shelby as she heals and grows strong with the love and support of family and friends... To and for those who are fighting the fight.. Know you are in the company of some powerful angels, all with their warpaint on, paw in paw our arms are around you all. Stand strong...
When you are too tired, rest. WE will STOMP for you, we will hold you up on the wings of angels, we are thinking of you, holding you in prayer and in thoughts always....

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing...
Make it a great day, know you are a WARRIOR, know you are the only YOU in the whole wide world, choose wisely, take BEST CARE OF YOU!

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES

author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life
http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/
order yours above and I'll autograph it just for ya!
also available at:
Amazon.com Borders.com and bbotw.com


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are stomping hard this morning. Good for you. Where did you find that woman? She is a sight to behold. Reminds me of the statues in the ground somewhere in DC with just certain parts sticking out of the ground. It is truly amazing. Keep those books going and the hugs going around big time. I am a hugger myself and sometimes it scares people to be hugged. Stomp on, run thru the Rain. Thanks as usual for the reminders of what life is all about.

Anonymous said...

CAPABLE....with your blessed guidance.. I am now
CAPABLE... to STOMP,,, REACH FOR THE STARS,,,,
HOLD MY HEAD UP,,,, control my energy and turn
it POSITIVE,,,,
I can be not who I was, but who I am ... I am
a WARRIOR of sorts,
STOMP !!!
for your personal success in DC., many books
to many lucky people !
WADU.... for all you do each day for
US.... you are wicked cool in my heart !!

Anonymous said...

TGIF Again. Enjoy the Gala tonight. I know you will. You run with the "Big Dogs". What an honor for us to have such a warm and close connection with you Dr SES. Facing a million choices for what to do with another weekend. Make t count! Am STOMPING JOY and LIGHT. Love to all here. new and old friends. PS, I don't get the phone thing either. How did we survive our youth without a thousand communication devices hanging off of us. Sad to think we actually had to bike down the street to talk to our friends, speak face to face. Be where we were told so there was never a need for our parents to have tracking devices in phones in our pockets.... What's next?

Anonymous said...

WHERE IS EVERYBODY TODAY? I hope everyone has a great weekend. Will find something wonderful and adventurous to do tomorrow. Something to CELEBRATE. Will not waste a minute of the day.
Laura, any update on your trip to Texas? Or did we get it and I was asleep at the wheel?
PS I am looking for a sugar free key lime anything recipe. Any help will be appreciated. Easier the better. Thanks. With this group I am sure my request will be met in spades. Ask for what we need. I need a recipe....