Friday, April 8, 2011

Dance into it

Hangin with Old Friends

As we're off to find the Wizard,
I wonder
what is it we would really ask ???
As I sit here with my coffee
I find myself
thinkin
maybe
WE
are the
wizards of our own
destiny!
I know Kamryn has now had Mom
watch
The Wizard of Oz
over 250 times
and
each and every time they love it a bit more
and
I just heard from one of our
readers that she and her siblings
watched it as children
and probably know each line
by heart!
So
I'm thinkin
we need to just
follow our own roads/paths
get on some uncharted
journeys that have yet to be
worn with tracks
and
lay our own footprints
lay our own tracks
along what will be a yellow or purple
road
with our distinct footprints
creating our
distinct
and unique
mark
through
territory that is
"sometimes pleasant and sometimes dark and terrible,
while counting on ourselves to use our magic arts to keep us and others from harm"
We have a brain in our heads
a heart in our chests
and
"gut feelings" in our nervous systems and our bodies"
While we may not
all have
"Ruby Slippers"
many wear
high stylin sneaks now
or
whatever serves their feet
to walk
some to roll


I got my mocs
and
we can all dance
if we find our own steps
BUT
each of us
can find our own steps
if we listen
to the song
of
Mother Earth's drum
and
heartbeat.

Rather than listen to the words or judgments
of others;
the flapping of the lips
of small and large town gossip
it's time
to
click your heels
and
find your dance
and
DANCE FRIENDS
finding
the
Warrior within
guided by
the Universal oneness of
the Creator which resides within
YOU
that guides and directs
and
loves you
for
YOU.



"We know too much and feel too little. At least we feel too little of those creative emotions from which a good life springs. "
Bertrand Russell

Whether or not you are in Kansas
It's time to put on your own shoes
and
get creative
Live your best life
and
do not forget
you can never ever
laugh enough
love enough
believe in YOU enough
hope enough
dream enough
have enough flowers
dance enough
have enough chocolate pie
sing enough
play enough
and
have enough sugar/splenda
and
blow enough BUBBLES

So click your heels
and
Have a great Friday

The Fire is burning its embers are hot
sage is filling the air on its way to you
with thoughts and prayers
Walk in Beauty
DRSES
author
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

5 comments:

Kelly 2 Wolves said...

Happy Weekend everyone! Click your heels and see where you land! Personally I follow red brick Road and what an adveture it is LOL! Morning Sissy Coffe's on! I'm waken up!Come pour a cup! Its Friday!! Hoping everyone has a beautiful magical weekend! Prayers on the wind !

Irene M said...

Friday's here, coffee is goooood this A.M.
Oz awaits ! Let me tell you, Idol voters made a BIG mistake last night & judges wasted their one and only save on _____________.
I cannot be mean, not today. The beach awaits ! I'm - a - comin' in, the waters fine.
Enjoy everyone. Bye for now, Irene

Anonymous said...

RUBY RED SHOES! iT'S GOOD TO BE IN OZ sometimes. Wonderful production, awesome musci and a great adventure with a strong lesson. My hat is off to the creator of the Wizard od Oz. Thanks for the reminder doc that it is what we make it. Always

Anonymous said...

I love the sounding of the Wizard of OZ. Great name and great times with those you love. Glad to be home and glad all is well. Weather cold here 45 and the chill is in the air. I love those ruby red shoes. Cant buy any have too many in my closet. I know I have some red ones. Blog great as usual I was walking in the rain this morning and sorta dancing. It was beautiful. The folks at the Post Office finally smiled at me. Most folks know me as a little crazy, but sweet, wild and wonderful. Its a good day today and tomorrow as my great nephew is honoring me by staying all night with me and who knows what we will get into. Blessings to all especially our soldiers and their families. Prayers to our President with the Government thinking of closing down tonight. We here are in mourning with American Idol sending the greates singer off their show last night. Blessings

Anonymous said...

We need a recount on Idol, it can't be right!!! I thoughtPia was gonna be in the runner up or winners! Where's Toto?, I'd have her bite Ryan Seacrest in the leg for announcing Pia the way he did! There's no place like home...Have a great weekend!