Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just Sayin...

sometimes the view
can feel
UPSIDE DOWN

MOrning morning
got coffee?
Mine is ever so hot and good
but
where's the heat of my morning?
haha
little chill left here after the
rains and thunder beings played hard this week!

I sure am NOT complaining though
since the snow capped mountains
and the Black Hills out west though
I'm just sayin...
LOL

The GREAT news is that Mom, aka COB
is A-OK for now as she has 17 stitches in
her clavicle area and the shin bone of her leg
is reported fine by the Cancer doc
in NC!
So I am grateful as is she for the well wishes, prayers
and the Warriors here who I know helped with this!
and
she is just beside herself with the good/great news there
as she
visits with relations. She thanks you all and sends her love to all here!
CANCER SUCKS
She is doing a happy dance
after hugging the docs and nurses there though.

Today
I'm just sayin
after watching a bit of T.V. last night
and hearing where another star
is now promoting her new soon to be if not already
best seller;
after watching far too many replays
of Kirstie Alley taking a fall with
that drop dead gorgeous dancer Max
on
Dancing with the Stars
this week.
It struck me
the fall that was taken was shown far more times
than the graceful and courageous
"return to the stage" and finish of the dance and the song
by this couple.
Kirstie was a warrior as was this professional dancer
who finished the dance with grace and style.
I was impressed by them both and would have preferred to see replays of the stand up and finish
rather then repeats of the unfortunate fall
and multiple commentaries of it.

The Judd that has now written her book
who is telling the world of her abuse as a child
and the "dysfunction" of her famous Mother/sister
The "Wyonnas" I believe they are;
I would prefer to hear that she has worked her behind off to "heal" and to survive
rather than another star tell us of her pain and horror story and family dysfunction.
One who will ultimately be
on
Oprah and have her book there as well.
It is rather remarkable to me
that this beautiful bird pictured above
was asked by its owner
to show us how to turn
"upside down"
and
in a swift heartbeat
that beautiful bird


"just flipped"
just like that ...
BUT

I've never seen it or its story of looking through the world upside down
on any television show!
Why is it that we now are hearing and watching shows where stars are discovering and remembering their stories
of "abuse/mistreatment/horror"
and feel the need to share them on National Television
with us?
Their stories of "meltdowns, alcohol, drugs,
and bad choices, self discovery and thoughts of taking their own lives, that need now years later,
successes beyond measure and money later
and
I can't help but wonder
doesn't that seem
upside down
to share it on national T.V.
when they are so against the tabloids sharing their lives
with regular folks?
And
come on now...
Do they really not realize that every family in the world
is dysfunctional?
But most do not have the money, the resources, the abilities
to address the traumas that now they speak so freely of
in front of a microphone
nor access to major publishers
that will pay to print the stories they are providing?
And what of their families and of
Wyonna Judd who is just living her life
and people loving her concerts?
Will it not affect like a pepple in a stream
reaching out into her audiences who pay to see and hear he perform as well?
Remember this, remember the "good ole' days"
even if they were just in your heart and mind and spirit?"

Just sayin...
Bravo Kirstie and Max for getting back up
for taking the stage with grace and style
with Max
for finishing the dance with style,
for standing with pride and doing it amazingly!
That is what we needed to see.

Remember the girl with the hiccups that made the national news?
She went on to be famous again,
she is now a Murderer
and was interviewed on
The Today Show!
She says in her defense, "the devil took over"
Give me a break..
The Today Show?
C'mon now, let's get real here
From hiccups to a murderer
and yet
she was interviewed on
The Today Show?
Just sayin...

Unresolved trauma, childhood horrors
need to be resolved
yes, some have had horrific things happen to them,
it makes your heart hurt to hear the stories.
BUT
I cannot understand
why they need to be shown on television
by those who have so much
have achieved so much
and
now have instant bestsellers
and are interviewed and applauded
when
there are so many never known by the masses
who struggle to maintain themselves
never knowing how to access services
to enhance their lives
and
when they do
there is no one
standing to hold them or pat them on the back
and
say,
"Oh my you have survived, and I am so happy that you did"


All the word is a stage my friends, your life is a stage as well!
Get out there and star in your own life.
Oprah told Barbra Walters in the beginning:
"I think I am destined for greatness".
YOu too can be destined for your own greatness, if you only believe,
if
you work your plan
believe in your dreams, resolve your pain and traumas.
STOMP

Wherever you are today
whether right side up
or
upside down
Look around
the view is and can be spectacular
if you are reading this
it means
YOU are blessed to be alive!
Outshine the sun
with an attitude of gratitude
even if
YOU were pushed into it
be grateful!
Now
dance, take the stage
and
don't forget to laugh...

Walk In Beauty
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

p.s.
Oprah, I know you are busy
getting ready for that "last show coming up,
but
I'm still waiting darlin", just sayin...


4 comments:

Irene M said...

I just wrote a GREAT comment and cannot believe it got lost when I clicked on POST.
I am soooooooooooooo mad that I cannot regain my thoughts and re-write it.
Mad Mad Mad FIRMLY MAD

Ridgway & Littlemoon said...

Irene you just put a grin on my face. First "firmly mad" brings back a picture of my mother standing fists clenched, back straight and lips pinched. Stand back, stand way back when you see that. Second, I think my brain has button like that post button you clicked on.
Thanks Irene. I'm still grinning.
Jane

Irene M said...

Just came in from a bike ride, calmed down and re-read the blog and # 2 comment. You are welcome for the GRIN. I am not firmly mad any longer. Sun shine, fresh air and a good peddle thru the neighborhood, birds chirping at me, butterflies following, lizards peeking out from their hiding places, A H ! nature....
Eye Scream !

chris said...

Irene-you're a hoot
I am so glad about COB may the angels(and Granny) surround her always! S T O M P--Sorry--
I lost my train of thought--I had to scare away an armadillo trying to dig under the foundation. Nope, the thoughts are gone into wherever...So I guess I'll talk to ya tomorrow..L&H