Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Goiin Out On A Limb Here...

A guy I had one time cuttin trees
who decided to take a break
Just hanging out!
Out on a Limb he was
and
Likin It!

Morning to ya,
ready for coffee, it is hot and goood...

Boy oh boy,
I got me some fine scratches this morning
from that tree trimming Mitch and I did
over the week-end
but
sure do have some
lovely light
now coming in where those
over grown trees were beginning
to just take some of my sun!

We filled up  gracious amount of the back yard
with these limbs and sticks and such.
Remember the saying
"picking up sticks"?
Well at the time
I thought
"No problem, I'll just pick up sticks and put them in those industrial garbage bags this week for the trash to pick up"
What was I thinking?
These were not just
the
"picking up sticks and putting them in bags"
kind of trimming here.
This was
work your arms, your back and your patience
kinda of picking up
kinda thing!

And oh boy what a back yard of limbs
I ended up with...
I would have been really
"out on a limb"
had it not been for Mitch
letting me borrow his truck yesterday
to then load and drive them
to the local
landfill.
Load #1 drug from the back yard
to the front yard,
loaded on the truck
and tied down!
This load weighed a bit over 300 pounds
and then we had to
UNLOAD it ...
Back home for the second round
after sitting and having some water
and shaking our heads
we were back at it!
It was during the second round of walking
back and forth like mules
dragging these long and cumbersome loads
of limbs
that DLB fell flat out on her face!
Yep,
she now has a goose egg above one eye
that looks as though she was in
one helluva fight
but
we immediately took another break
where I changed from
tree worker to nurse!
Placing a bag of frozen broccoli on her face
and a bag
of frozen hash browns on her knee.
Creativity at its finest
and
yet another opportunity to sit and rest!
20 minutes of ice
and
then we were back at work
for and with load two.
One one trip we have two women walk by with their cutsie dogs in their cutsie outfits
who in a friendly voice
shout out,
"Well hello gals, you all look busy, wanna do our lawns next"!
Of course being hot, sweaty and filled with patience and good cheer,
we promptly informed them
"hell no, and you do not have enough money"
hoping they would just continue on their way before we had to hurt them!!!
Determined to fit all in the truck so that load #2 was really the very last load
I finally resorted to getting
a ladder to crawl up on
and
my cohort in this task would bring me an armful of limbs as I deftly threw them higher and higher up on top of the truck
until
we were done!
AND
then
the tie down.
The break for ice for 20 minutes for that face and bruise and increasing headache along with Tylenol all around for the
ultimate body aches that we knew were just about to begin,
then we were off to our local landfill once again!
This time
weigh in over 350 pounds once more
with the gentleman there most impressed
at two women doing this deed with such mastery and determination!

"At present, our country needs women's idealism and determination, perhaps more in politics than anywhere else." Shirley Chisholm

Determined we were; idealistic ... we were that as well, cos' we sure aren't muscle bound although we seem to be finding that when determined enough idealism and ability takes over when you least expect it to!
So without thinking I was giving this ole' upper body a work-out and that is a good thing!

So today,
the light will be brighter than ever since the work on those trees is done, the yard now once again free from the after mess
and
we are on to the projects at hand of
fertilizing those beloved hibiscus
and setting them with care once again
around the clean lanai,
I'm sure the body will ache for a bit
from the loading and hauling
and
unloading and laughing!
Traveling and being on the road so much
this time
I will at least know
things here have been attended to
and will have been able to say
I can still get myself
dirty, scratched up
and
play in the dirt
and
do the dirty work with pride
laughter
and grand times!

"It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always." ~ Oprah Winfrey






Hyacinth

Beauty is all around us,
the butterflies are just dancing and preening here in the back yard
as
my flowers are now popping
and this working like a mule
and
even with the
newly acquired goose egg
of DLB
and what will be one
tremendously slow and painful
friend today,
we have no regrets of the labors of yesterday!
Seeing that and many other flowers
and now knowing
that those limbs will only
allow the sun to shine
on more
make it all worthwhile!
Scratches and soreness will go away at some point,
but the work was worth it all
as we watched as the swallowtail
and friends danced for us
around the butterfly bushes
as evening fell!
This morning
the cardinal came to visit
and
I swear I heard the Eagle screech
it's morning announcement
that it is here close by!
Maybe that was a hint
that i is wanting me to blow off this day of work
and
get to Lake Tarpon out on the boat...
Ah,
but remembering that
Nothing Works unless YOU DO
guess I will be holding off on that
til' Sunday
and then
ohhh boy, I'm off to see those Eagles
and hit that Lake with a noodle!

As for today?
What's up for you friends...
Is there an adventure waiting around the corner?

Maybe a care package will show up at your door, like at my door yesterday
in the midst of all this work, I received a great care package from Mom/COB!
And lo and behold
the greatest thing ever...
I know am sporting my first ever
pair of "high-tops"
and not just any kind mind you!
I have
Michael Jordons ~
Yep, that little godson finally outgrew his
"tight" MJ's and sent them to his
Godmother!!!
Oh boy do I look "fresh"n them too.
I just had a ball, a care package with all sorts
of wonderful goodies
I mean off the hook great things!
Thanks Mom, you are wonderfully!!!
What a great surprise.
Thanks Little Kamryn for the MJ's
I wore them out to dinner last night
and I sure did look "fresh"
but boy did you wear out those laces!
Off to get some new ones today I am...

•"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen."
Michael Jordon

The fire is burning brightly, the sage is in the air, holding up those here and in the prayer bowl with thoughts and prayers always.

May humor and smiles surround you today and always as you move into your day.
STOMP

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES














3 comments:

Irene M said...

DYS and DLB : what a team ! Very descriptive work day events, complete with ICE, ladders and tie-downs. Hey there, why did you not call me into service ? I love mule work !
Way to go, COB with the care package that came at the right time. Big heart Kam, giving up those prized footwears of yours. Been watching OPRAH's last few episodes. Very good.
It's 2's-day, nothing special planned, still coughing up a lung, so laying low, staying out of trouble and the Fla. heat / humidity.
I miss " sign me A " and her comments. Get home soon. For now, I am full of " words ", and FIRM.

Anonymous said...

Trucks full of tree parts,hightops, bruises, and a care package... sounds like a GREAT Monday! Is recovery today's plan? Bless Mitch's heart! This has been an eventful week doc. Take care and nurse all those scratches, bruises and boo boos.

Anonymous said...

hellooooo.
Awwww, touched my heart to hear I was missed
by " firm"... letting you know I am home and have been catching up on the news of the past few days.
Certainly there is never a dull moment here, and
I hope Doc and DLB are not too sore from all the tree trimming... Mitch, thank you for helping in all the ways you do !
I had the most peaceful, lovefilled week visiting with my Dad and family. Saying goodbye was extremely tough and I cried like a baby.
I have to say, my Dad will always be my closest and most dearest friend, along with being the smartest and most gracious man I will ever know.
I hope I make him even just a smidgen as proud as he makes me to be called his daughter...
♥ ♥ ♥ .... my heart is full, and off to work I
go , early in the morn. New attitude on, sadness back in my safe place, and new appreciation for all that I have, as well as all I have lost... Thank you all for being here
for me... there IS no place like home.
for sure I am hugging my angels and hoping your angels are there for you too. sign me,
quite humbled... ♥
A.