Monday, April 18, 2011

Stretching into it

Ready to stretch into your week?

Monday came awfully early didn't it?

MS150 found Laura at that finish line
as Shauna crossed it with a smile on her face
after that 100 mile ride on her bike
and
I got the text, "she did it, and it was awesome"
Laura Roorda sends her thanks for the support
to all here
and is headed back home later today
with a grateful heart
and
renewed HOPE
that the cure is closer
for this dreaded disease
and
Shauna, Dixie and all those other riders
will rest a couple days
and then begin training all over again for
next years' ride.
And Laura?
She has already got a plan for an upcoming
YARD sale in a couple weeks and
butterfly plant sale
to raise more funds for
MS!

Coffee is on here
and the little ones are running around the pool grabbing
fallen hibiscus as a reminder that I need to sweep them up from deck-side while admiring the new blooms today!

DLBrown had a laid back but wonderful birthday and thanks all for their best wishes.

A new week is kicking off as we spread our wings and
stretch into it I'm thinking!

The devastation of the recent tornadoes that have destroyed homes along the southeast have left deaths, destruction and spirits weakened as many have answered the call for first responders now trying to render aide there.
Our continued prayers to all affected
of hope and strength go out to them during this time of profound trauma and heartaches.

Out in Ely MN, the North American Bear Center
is preparing to "stuff/mount" the little cub Jason who died unexpectedly and have him part of the display at their center to further education and allow people visiting there to see a little cub up close has drawn criticism along with encouragement from fans and fellow bear lovers.
Seems it only goes to show you can never please all people all the time in matters of the heart or of research.
One thing that is certain, that facebook page and the many offshoots of it, are filled with those that have differing opinions
and when emotions are raw, so are the words of many.
Thankfully there are moderators that catch inappropriate postings and comments that protect others from the wording that may later be used against the researchers or the North American Black Bears that work is trying so desperately to protect from the media and those who disrespect both the man behind the research and the fans.
I know I would not want to be a moderator for anyones' money
given that they are volunteers and often the brunt of the anger of all who are "fans" of
Lily the Black Bear.
Sure hope that Dr Rogers knows what tremendous
folks he has standing so strongly for him and his work.
What I do know is this:
Folks would be best served to shift their upset and anger
to
proactive measures and write to the governor there in MN
and to their own representatives
in behalf of their love of the North American Black Bears
asking for a law
of protection
for
the
Collared and Brightly Ribboned
North American Black Bears
from hunters
with stiff fines and such for those who kill them.
><
I hope that Lily, Hope and LIttle Faith are well out there in the woods near that white pine tree... I hear that snow and cold weather returned to them, delaying spring and the food, berries and such that they need so much for nutrition now. I only pray that little Faith can sustain without it, but have to trust that nature will provide for her and for Lily and HOPE now.
for updates on the bears out there
and the latest information on
North American Black Bears

Here in Florida
the butterflies are making their dance, they are just having the time of entertaining us as they move with such grace and beauty
from flower to skies
with beauty and grace.
They lighten your mood and distract your mind
as
they remind you of transformation, shift your focus
and
for a moment of many
allow you to watch them in all their glory.
While I am mindful of the many and varied things occuring around our country; from snows in South Dakota and MN
to
toranado's in Southwest Virginia and all across the SouthEast
and
upset on and in the hearts
of so many
about the cub of Lily the Black Bear
><
today I cannot help but be enchanted
by
the magical flights of three
magnificent
butterflies right here within my sights
as
I enjoy my coffee
and
stretch into my day.
It reminds me that
If nothing ever changes there would be not butterflies
so
once again as much as we do not like change,
I can't help but once again realize
the beauty of the butterfly
is a wonderful example of change and the results
and
the reminder that nature knows what it is doing.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

Blessings on this day to all.

The fire is burning brightly its embers are hot, with thoughts on the wind to all who enter here.

Walk In Beauty
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life



3 comments:

Irene M said...

Ah, yes, butterflies have been greeting me in the last few days, reminding me of just what you spoke about, Sherry. Cannot imagine a taxidermy body of bear cub on display!
Watched the WIZARD OF OZ for the umteenth time last night. Made me think of your trip to KS.
Glad to hear about the Ride for MS success.
Safe travels home, Laura & Mitch.
Head cold got me down, but sun is UP & I will outshine it, blowing nose.....staying FIRM

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love that quote. So glad the MS ride went well. Wish it would inspire me to get a bit more physical, but alas....
I think taxidery for JASON IS A WONDERFUL IDEA.I grew up going frequently to the Smithsonian Museams in Wash DC and there is nothing like a physical example of what you arer trying to impart. Bet most people can't imagine how fragile and tiny the new cubs are.
I support all that the research center does to educate.
Sorry to hear about your cold Irene. Get well.
Laura, home safe, and can I help with the yard sale?????

chris said...

OK this is the third attempt -can't even remember what I wanted to say anymore except that I will be there for Laura. Helping...and probably buying-cause I can't help it I just love yard sales! I hope that this one goes thru--the cyber-gremlins are playing games with me tonight..talk to ya later L&H