Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oprah did it Again...

Oprah
sure did a great show
yesterday

Coffee is on, and it's smelling great!
Wishing all a super Thursday out there.

Yep that Oprah...
she had a Powerful show yesterday
and
NO, I still haven't heard from her about
HEALING HEARTACHES
and
NO I wasn't on the show.
I remain "hopeful" though!!!

But,
Oprah; as she counts down her 25 last shows
had
Tom Shadyak on (who is just fantastic)
and has gotten a documentary out called
"I AM"
and I can't wait to see it!
and who sounds a bit like someone I would
enjoy sitting down and talking to
but
not riding a bike with as that is now his
mode of transportation out there
in CA since he sold off all of his luxury cars!

BUT
then
Oprah had on her show three young men
who in 2009 decided to make a difference in the world. And oh what a difference they are making for children...
My heart stopped and then is just was beating a mile a minute with such remarkable pride of those young men with such pride and love
they touched me so deeply with their
compassion and love of humanity.

Thank you Oprah, for introducing me and sharing these young mean with the world:
Jason Russell and Chris
three guys who started off a social movement
for children
called
THE NIGHTWALKERS
in Uganda
a country torn by war
who would walk/run at night trying to flee
to safety
that is now
growing by leaps and bounds.
They are remarkable young men who have touched the lives of so many, with so much love and compassion...
And I was in awe, and moved beyond measure
as once again
the efforts of three young men have changed the world for so many.
"I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process. And it's not just about being able to write a check. It's being able to touch somebody's life." Oprah
These young men are touching lives all across the world, now we need to share with them about
Those in South Dakota and the reservation!





Together we are so much, and now
these young men have
OPRAH
and the world to help with their next
big push that is five days away

The efforts of three young men
who have
ventured to Uganda
and risked their very lives
meeting these precious frightened, ill, and near dead
children
have
changed the very landscape of our world
and the consciousness of those they share it with.

It is remarkable to me what those with compassion, honor, integrity and passion can do
and do so well.
Bravo!

The fire is burning brightly, the sage is fired up
May you walk in beauty along your path today friends.

DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad to see the way the children have to live while we live in luxury. We could make a difference in so many lives. Right now some young men are making a difference and if more would step up to the plate our Country would be a better place to live. May God Bless them and their families. God Bless our troops and their families. God Bless USA

Irene M said...

Sherry: YOU are the first one I thought of while I was watching OPRAH yesterday and how I hoped you were watching it, too. Today's blog says you were, indeed. I was so moved and intensely watching, hanging on every word spoken by Tom Shady-ak. 3 remarkable young men also struck me. YOU GO OPRAH ! 25 more, can hardly wait to see you top that. How 'bout MS SHERRY's book as a topic ?
Staying cool and FIRM........ I am me

Anonymous said...

Dam... I miss all the good stuff that happens on daytime TV. So sad. Thanks doc for keepng us posted. Oprah does seem to fid the good ones. How is it that she has missed the BEST? That would be you doc! Keep walkin Dr. Showalter, keep walkin.

chris said...

I too miss all the good day shows..would have loved to see that one but I can tell ya this-if the Doc is ever on -I will be taking the day off and making copies so that I can it watch it over and over. Keep dreaming Doc-they say that the more you dream one dream it will come true at some point! STOMP
talk to ya soon--L&H

Anonymous said...

Like Oprah and her heart, love you and your heart of gold, huge, with a beautiful shade of red too!