Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just Beautiful

Just watchin
us
That beautiful One
now has babes again in the nest!

Coffee was late as were the thoughts of
this day!
Hearing an Eagle screech
very close here while having coffee
reminds me
of that Eagle at Lake Tarpon!

Did ya know... that
The Eagles were named in 1700's
in the days when
"bald"
really meant "white haired"
and have been the
symbol of our great nation
since 1782.
STOMP

By 1963 the original population of between 25,000 and 75,000 was reduced to a mere
417 pairs of majestic pairs.
It was only then that the prospect of losing our
National treasure loomed large
and faced extinction as a result of abuse.

Folks then really let their voices be heard
and protective legislation meant that by 1995 the
BALD EAGLE
was no longer on the list as endangered!
Now numbers currently stand at around
4,450 nesting pairs representing a ten fold recovery!
And here, on Lake Tarpon we have been blessed to see the pair that watch over us
have three sets of babes!

Folks can have a powerful voice when they stand united
so
I am thinking
they should really be standing strong out there
in MN
to protect those precious few
North American Black Bears
that are collared and brightly ribboned
from the impending danger of
hunt season
making it a law
now.

"Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn't have the power to say yes."  Eleanor Roosevelt

STOMP

So
wherever you are, whatever you are doing
do it with all you have!
With great purpose and mindfulness
be in it, with all that you are!

Oprah, babe, I'm still waitin on ya here!!! It's startin to look like you are not payin attention now, c'mon O, I sent you the book ...let's see was it three months ago already???
STILL waitin here Oprah...

The fire is burning, its embers are hot
with sage filling the air
sending thoughts to all today
of
hope and healing ways

Walk In Beauty
DRSES









5 comments:

Irene M said...

Baby Eagles, oh MY ! Isn't nature wonderful ?
Last night, I saw 2 newly born bunnies in a bush near my house. The mom bunny ran away so fast, it startled me big time !
Oprah, staff, draggin' yo feet on mail ?
Coffee is good, Wed. is good. Happiness, all.
Stayin sweet, EyeScream & FIRM

Anonymous said...

I don't like being the only lonely comment on the page. Where is everyone ??????

Anonymous said...

Ya, wanna know where I am??????? I am busy talking to Direct TV, Verizon checking to see why my bill was $265. What a B that is, being told to punch 1, 2, get cut off etc.. Getting a real voice of a woman who was on her last nerve(got that one from DRSES). I told her she was pushing it with her loud obnoxious voice and I didnt appreciate it. At the end I apologized and thought she would but oh no, I got her name will I do anything with it? Hell no, she needs her job. I am over it. Loved the blog, the Eagle is a beautiful bird and I do love to her their squell. It is unique. Keep on keeping on, guess everyone is tired today after all it is mid week and people are stressing of what to do on their day off. Enough of small cracks from me gotta watch American Idol. Thanks DRSES. God Bless USA and please leave Obama alone, he was born somewhere. God Bless our troops and their families. OUT

chris said...

what a blessing to be able to see the momma,poppa and babies! WOW it is a great honor> I guess Granny is working her magic again..Probably feels sorry for you and DLB with all you have done this past week. LOL -she sent a present for ya. Fantastic! Sure hope the muscles feel better soon. Gotta go-talk to ya soon..L&H

Anonymous said...

helloooo
I am here too !!
special thanks to "firm" for missing me, you made my heart smile...
I have tried to comment on the past week ,
sooo much activity ! Hopefully everyone is still in one piece, and in peace.
I love this place... you are all the best, and I
do so much appreciate each of you. I mut say, we make a wickedcool bunch here...
will stay current, am back to work full force. but will be checking in each night.... take best care of you.. tonight I will be hugging my angels and thinking of how lucky I am to be
here. ♥
sign me,
A.