Thursday, April 7, 2011

Such A Joy !

A Spectacular Surprise
Yesterday
Came to me
WHITE MOUNTAIN LILIES
WHITE ROSES
HYDRANGEA
and
Orchids

Good Morning Morning
and
what a great morning it is!

Ever had one of those days?
Yesterday was that day for me... when phone calls to attend to business just tried to
"tick me off", "raise my blood pressure"
and
other wise just
want to make me
throw my phone in the pool!

Just when I thought after
being transferred 5 times by good
ole' Cigna Insurance
and then
being hung up on BY CIGNA INSURANCE
ON THE 6TH TRANSFER OF THE CALL
that I could not take not one more
thing
><
The door bell rang
the little ones announced
"INTRUDER, INTRUDER"
by their wild barks
and running in circles
(whether in complete joy or guard dog attempts I still am uncertain)
I opened the door
to an ever so cheerful woman
from
Kikilis Florist>> 727-937-3235
here in Tarpon Springs
holding
that breathtaking
arrangement
for
ME!
I was overwhelmed by its
beauty
and
the fragrance
was
intoxicating
and
my "state" was immediately
CHANGED
right there on the spot!
I could barely contain myself
as I ran out here with flowers in hand to see who in the world could possibly
have managed
to
surprise me so
at just the moment
I needed to be surprised
and
delighted!
As my heart was filled
so was my senses
as I read the most
beautiful card
from my dear friends from so far
away... (thank U, I am so grateful)
and
I realized a tear was falling from my
eye
as my head was filling with the marvelous
sights and aromas
of
my absolute combination
of
white roses and white mountain lilies
on
a day
that I sure did need the love
along
with needing
to shift my focus
allowing me to change my state!

WOW
and
thank you seem like small words
for such a tremendous
and
delicious surprise.

Friends are marvelous, and then add to that
that somehow they just knew
that this day
yesterday
would be one where if it could be frustrating
if it could be aggravation
and
if I could be stressed
(which is not easy for me to be any of the above)
Then oh boy, what a day for that door bell to ring
with a pleasant young woman
and
such a sight in her hand!

I then had a conversation with a young man
named Jared Robb
about health insurance
and
he was so knowledgeable
it was frightening.
He did not try the usual
"let me sell you the farm and the chickens"
or
"no you are not eligible cos you sneezed in 1994" routine.
He was more knowledgeable and professional than any insurance person I think I ever talked to in my life
and
he did not put me on hold, he did not hang up on me,
and
he was quite amazing.
I believe
he has answered the questions
and
found the solutions
I JUST THINK
I MAY HAVE NEW AND BETTER
HEALTH INSURANCE COME
THE FIRST OF NEXT MONTH
THANKS TO THIS YOUNG  MAN
I will keep you posted on that one
before I share his phone number with you.
haha

But
for today
I have a doc appointment scheduled
they called to remind me,
prompting me to ask,
"uh oh, am I sick"?
which was met with great laughter by
their office and the reply,
"No Dr Showalter, It is just a regular check-up"
So
I feel much better about that.
AND
so
I will sit and enjoy
the most magnificent smells of my flowers
until time to visit and make my doc laugh
while being told
I am just fine
and
then return home to the 4-leggeds
and to a home
filled with fragrance
thanks
to my dear friends
who surprised me greatly
on a day
when I sure needed to feel the love.
I might just add,
that shift in focus also probably saved me
from having to buy a new phone
as I was just about ready to throw this on into
the pool after being hung up on!

Enjoy friends
Smell and take in their beauty
I'll share them with you.
Remember today
no matter what comes your way,
try to hold onto YOU
to the smells of the flowers
and
the knowledge that you have friends
who will stand by you
and
those others out there that will hang up
will transfer and other wise
aggravate you...
Are NOT worth the time it takes
to shift your balance.
I just am thankful
the 4 leggeds announced that the door bell rang
and
just imagine what may be on the other side of that
door
So then
walk out the door
when the pressure is too much
maybe
just maybe a friend is standing there, or has sent you a message on the wind
or mountain lilies await you!

The fire is burning and its embers are hot, the sage is filling the air, with thoughts for all who enter here.
Blessings on the winds.
Walk In Beauty,
DRSES

5 comments:

Irene M said...

Ah, the beauty of white fragrant flowers and the taste of delicious hot coffee in the morning ! Spinning, barking dogs, not-so-much.
Ah, the phone frustration, I know it well.
Enjoy Thursday, I am going to make it count.
Clear blue sky, crisp air... Ah.........
ARMIDILLO !!!!! Yikes, Chris, no wonder your train of thought was broken. IceScream

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing not only your own beauty, but the beauty bestowed upon you by your precious friends! From the photo here, I have copied & pasted, then made it my desktop wallpaper! My day has been blessed by you, your friends, and their beautiful gift of these awesome flowers. Blessings on the Wind to ALL of You!

Anonymous said...

helloooo.
beautiful flowers and even more so,
beautiful words of encouragement... thank you
for sharing.. I , as well, am quite fortunate to have precious friends whom I treasure..
I also wanted to say to COB... YEAH !!!
great to hear of your good news.. stay well,
and know you are being held in thoughts..
Thursday is here so quickly, and my week has
been flowing smoothly, counting the days until my short vacation visit arrives.
sure am looking forward to a get away week.
Have another great day !
hugging my angels, sign me,
A. ♥

chris said...

ah what a way to end a very stressful day--I open the blog and read about the beautiful flowers and just sat here and smiled-(I think I can smell them too!) wonderful -thanks so much!
talk to ya soon! L&H

Anonymous said...

Greetings friends, what beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing the picture, I can almost smell them... Wishing everyone the love of friends, beautiful, fragrant flowers, sunshine, and flute music to carry each of you through this week. A great group gathers here and I am honored to share this space with each of you.