Friday, April 15, 2011

OH, All My Children >As The World Turns

the World is
Turning
and
it's Friday

Can you even imagine
EVEN
WITH THE NEWS
of
the age old shows
and
the public spinning as a result of hearing
that
the
old old
shows
of
"ALL MY CHILDREN"
and
"AS THE WORLD TURNS"
are
really ending
as in
Done this time.
Folks are sending the stations and facebook,
and twitter messages
like this:
"My life is over"
"Life as I know it has ended"
"What will I ever do Now"

REALLY!!!
The world is spinning a bit off it's center with the news
I think!

One Life to Live is another of those shows
if I remember right
or was it:
DAYS OF OUR LIVES
you know
the shows that filled the air
on
NBC, CBS, ABC
Monday through Friday
all those shows we all grew up with
and
the ones our families
talked about over dinner
if they gathered for dinner
the shows
that if you watched on Friday
you could catch up on everything that happened all week
long
c'mon now,
you remember!
Housework, chores, shopping was scheduled around these shows.. remember?
haha
After all many of these shows were the conversations starters of great talks!
After all how many folks do you know
that can be shot, be on life saving machines
actually die
and then re-appear
later on?
amazing things happen on shows like that
and go on for generations I tell you!
Now many are just a mess
with the thoughts of them being cancelled or actually
being really done by the stations.
oh what's a viewer to do?

Well,
soon are to be gone
two of the old and true ones that have kept
generations talking
and apparently still watching!

Maybe that is why we have so much drama,
do ya think?
Or perhaps that is why we have so much trouble with issues around loss and grief,
I remember when I was younger
and
Granny was an avid watcher of
that show
dratz
can't remember the name
but remember it was on NBC
let's see.....
oh yes
it was
Days of our Life!
Oh how she loved that one man that was the lead star!
She thought it a hoot how folks could die on that show and then show up a couple of months later.
Maybe that is why we have so much trouble
in our grief
after years upon years of watching, and being shown
the ways of the stars and how they "do it" 
and then absorbing these shows
thinking that somehow and someway
our loved ones
will just reappear
like they did in these dramas
and oh boy they do have some
drama and dysfunction don't they?
But
now those daytime dramas
are being replaced by
more
intense and ridiculous
versions
of
housewives
of
extremes that like to scream at each other
and make themselves look
like they just don't have much sense
great role models for our youth and
aspirations
don't ya think?
The latest being
MOB wives
oh boy yet another show to
wait to air...
I can only imagine what great television will replace these old time classics called
"soap operas" and their loyal followers...
CAN YOU SAY
another
Jerry Springer made for t.v. talk show?
Or how about another
"Judge show"
or
maybe another
"fresh talk show"
oh boy
here we go daytime t.v. at its finest!

Ready any good books lately
or listened to any good music?
LOL

So then
for today
it is Friday,
let's let the party begin
I think it is the month of Easter and
Rabbits birthdays
and
the
Very Real Work of the Real folks
is taking place this weekend
to
CURE MS
MS
MS150 is taking place out there in Texas.

so my thoughts are with
Shauna, Dixie and our warrior
here
Laura
who I want to know
that many are sending emails
letting you know
we are standing with you at the
finish line
and we
want you to know
MS better run
WE ARE WITH YOU FRIEND.
aND
out in Ely MN and across the globe
folks are still reeling with the death
of the little cub Jason
of Lily the Black Bear
who died in Ely MN
of Shadows Clan of Bears:

Last I heard the body of the little North American Black Bear is still with the MN DNR, and we are still waiting to find out what the cause of its death was, I think, just my thoughts here that Lily the North American Black Bear and her cubs are grieving, are confused and quiet, while the humans on Facebook and around the world are outraged at the events of the DNR taking the body of this little cub while the autopsy was being performed by a qualified person in the presence of Dr Lynn Rogers famous researcher, who has much to learn from this cubs death.
Folks just cannot understand why the DNR flexed their muscles and took possession of this little dead cub
when Dr Rogers was doing what he has always done
and never had a problem before
and has always sent for the required permit in the process.
Seems "big brother" and the entitlements of the DNR
is getting out of control here to me.


For those who are mourning the soon to be end of your daytime favorite shows,
you might want to switch over
to
Days of our Lives
it won't take long to catch up
I think the same characters are there
as when I was a child...
Just watch a couple of weeks
and
 do not miss Fridays.

AND
Oprah is counting down for the last shows
I am still waiting on you
Oprah, have your peeps call my peeps
Healing Heartaches is there
somewhere in your office in a box
addressed to you.
OPEN THE BOX O!

><
the fire is burning brightly, the embers are hot, thoughts on the wind and wishes for a great weekend to all who enter here.
Walk In Beauty
DRSES
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dr. SES. Oh yes, Days of Our Lives, I am afraid it will be next. I remember many times coming in to my Granny and Pappy house and they were glued to the TV. watching Days. After I retired I got into it also, didnt want to watch anything but that one. A dear friend of mine soon convinced me it was so silly and I should be out walking, sitting on the porch and enjoying the beauty of our earth. I gave it up and have not been back. Now hold on there, dont you go ragging my Judges, I love them Judge Alex makes my heart beat faster, Judge Mathes makes me laugh out loud, he is precious. I could name them on and on but to another topic. If you and your bloggers listen to the news at all you would have seen where our little town and county had a terrible tornado. It did $8.5 million $$ and lifted homes off the foundations and blew them away. There are so many people without a home and lots of them with no insurance. It is so sad. I cant imagine this happening in my home town. Help is coming in from every where, it is so wonderful to see people pulling together when there are so many needs. Ask your bloggers to pray for all of these people and also the police who of course has to keep looters and thiefs away from other people belongings. The fire dept. and the Town and County of Pulaski, Virginia. I thank God for each of them. God Bless USA.

kelly 2 wolves said...

Wow All my Children was one of mine , General hospt too.LOL Can't believe that its going off the air (though I haven't watched in years OMG I think its a Test they are going to find out exactly how many soap addicts there are LOL.Prozac sales must be down , well they will rise now ! But just think you can now order the complete 40 years of all my children on dvd it will only cost you a downpament of a house LOL. And I'm sure Sissy be replaced with something sick and awful like OMG Really Mob Wives you must be kidding. People Shut the damn thing off! Its destroying your brain.
Waiting to see what the reasons are for the DNR to take Jason. Hmm things that make you go hmmmm is all I can say, Oprah's getting closer to her last show I hear. Wonder whats next ?The world is spining out of control. Sending out prayers to those fighting MS this weekend Love is on the winds ! Sending healing for all those Soap Junkies that will be going into Shock, withdrawl,and depressions. and Waiting to hear more of the Bears Love ya all. Sage going up!

Anonymous said...

Think when I resume working on my Master's this summer I will write about a diverse population. The American Housewife. Disenfranchised marginalized by her husband, her children and now Tide detergent. Yep, the "soap" in soap opera has deserted us. Think I can write a whole paper on this one...From, Gayle E.