Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY ~ THOSE HERE AND THOSE IN THE NEXT PLACE

Took her right off My Wall
To Share With YOU!
The Elder Was A Special Love To Me
A Wise Old Woman of Great Laughter
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL

Happy MOTHERS Day ~ to those here and to those no longer on this earth with us... but very much still with us!

Filled with gratitude to MY Mother this morning as I drink that wonderful "de-caf" coffee this morning and just sitting here, listening to the sounds of Roberta Flack and waitin on that sweet sun to rise and greet me ~
Thought I would start this special day with Roberta and then move my way into some Jessi Colter and then hit it hard with the great sounds of Bonnie Raitt today ~ Rock it with a bit of Patti Labelle later and who knows who else as I give "props" to all the Granny's and Mothers out there ~

My thoughts are just a whirl as I begin with a special thank you to my Mom this morning ~ I figure she is still sleepin in ~ Ah, should I wake her and say tenderly ...
"GET UP GET UP, RISE AND SHINE MA, TIME TO ROLL OUT AND BY THE WAY, THANKS FOR HAVIN ME!".... LOL

hmmm... best to wait a bit I'm thinkin! She'll be up in a bit, yogart, coffee, read blog, get ready for church with the Godsons' and Aunt Linda and then to lunch with all and Ang... Yep better wait, don't want to extend that "thank you" too early... heehe
My MOM... a fierce and lively woman, a great friend of mine ~ We've grown up together this woman and I! She's called; Dot, Dorothy, "The General", "Boss Hawg", "COB", but she's Mom to me. She's a added Grandmother to my Godson's, a sister, a friend, a warrior, a survivor, a long standing hospice volunteer at Carilion Hospice, a Nursing Home Volunteer who is loved beyond measure, a board member of the YMCA, she is the proclaimed mayor of Lone Ash Virginia population about 13 I think! And she is my beloved MOM and God knows I love her and admire her ~ Thanks Mom for all you are and all you do for so many . . .
So here ya go Mommm... just click here:

If you cant click it and go there, run your mouse and copy and past into your search bar readers! This is from all us kids... all us kids on this side, and from the other side, to all the Mom, to MOTHER EARTH, the Universe... with gratitude, with oneness...
..... Wado!


And there you go... Feather tipped to all the Mothers' being honored today... If your Mom is not alive, find someone who is and say hello, give em' a hug and just say hello!

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever". ~Author Unknown

Mothers --- what in the world would we do without them> ok ok ok, not a hard one eh? We wouldn't even be here reading this is my first answer. They gave us birth, gave us ABC's, gave us hopefully a strong foundation to build our thoughts, our foundations... they loved us and hold our memories ~ taught us the "golden rule".... ticked us off more than once! Got remarkably smarter when we turned 20 years of age or so ~ Put up with us through failed friendships, bad decisions, failed unions with partners and marriages... were there for us no matter what... (for the most part).
Of course there are those Mothers' that are not worth spit on a hot day... the one's that you read about that abuse their children; harm others and are generally of mean spirit and a waste of human skin... But those are not mothers' , they are not reading the pages here, therefore are not who I am thinking of today. Feeling me on this?
Watched Oprah Friday and saw the three young men that were taken into foster care by that kind of woman who almost starved them to death, mistreated and abused them... she is now out on the streets... What happened to the justice system on that one I keep wondering. Such lovely young men, now safe with new parents, who love them, feed them, nurture them, at last they are safe and loved...
"In every one's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." ~Albert Schweitzer
Back to the day: MOTHERS DAY!

For many this is a day of remembrance, a day of painful loveliness. Those who will visit cemeteries or will long for those times that "used to be". As Mom's who have died are remembered with love, with fondness, with the wish of more shared times... We just never have enough time it seems. To those reading this today; grab your kleeenex and know this: "hearts that are joined in life cannot be separated by death; death is just not that strong". Continue the relationship! Write a letter today, say those things you want to say to Mom; have a ritual, light a candle in Mom's honor; plant a flower and put that letter in the base of the hole you dig... "Whet your breath and say her name on the winds" Your message WILL BE HEARD... from your heart to hers...  We are different without our wisdom keepers, we are forever changed... but they remain with us, a part of us; we are the legacy! STAND UP ~ STOMP           s t o m p
CELEBRATE YOU FOR THEY LIVE WITHIN YOU ~

"The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

So while many will be celebrating today; laughter filling the restaurants and homes; (it is after all the busiest restaurant day in the year), Hallmark makes a bundle on the cards being sold for the day as well... but for those who are missing their Mom's it is sometimes hard to get to that "Happy Place" on your own...
Mothers' Day celebrations actually began to celebrate the Mother Goddesses way way way back when ...
so when you realize that it stuck, from low so long ago... you come to figure that we celebrate the history of greatness, of Mothers who gave us foundations; gave us choices ~ taught us to fly, watched us fall! Hopefully dusted us off and watched as we soared and became fearless... For some they are watching from the other-side as we now STAND UP AND BECOME FEARLESS NOW ~
So today, honor her, remember her --- yes, take the time for your sadness, your resurgence of sorrow, but then THANK HER, and remember with gladness and gratitude by celebrating YOU and know that in doing that she lives within YOU...

and finally today, I would not complete my thoughts if I did not share them with all here...
To my beloved friends; the Mothers whose children have died: precious child, gone too soon.
Mothers are not to outlive their children; yes I know, my heart aches for you... and I know you would love nothing more than your child to hand you that hand made card this year, to serve you breakfast in bed; or to call and say,
"Mom, it's me, Happy Mothers Day"...

You will always be a Mother to that precious child. If you are blessed with more than one child, allow them to celebrate you! Whet your breath on the winds and speak to your precious child, continue the conversation ~ You will be heard ~ Once a Mother always a Mother ~ Death did not change that. Let your knowledge be your truth, say his/her name!                              STOMP
Create a ritual, light your candle for your precious child ~ Include the memories in the celebration of you today ~ Make a couple of phone calls; look for a group in your area! The Compassionate Friends is world wide... they offer a "self-help" support group around the world for folks to get together and honor/remember their precious children/grandchildren/siblings. There are online groups for parents and grandparents as well, but check into them first and see if they are right for you.
I visit the Compassionate friends in New Port Richie and will tell you they are an awesome group of folks there... spoke at their last World-wide candle lighting event and it was truly a powerful and healing evening for all there.
You are your children's legacy ... there is tremendous power in that, say their names, stand with pride that although you only had them a short time; you had them, you were loved and loved by them!
Honor the memories with inclusion but not to exclusion of others present and alive.

Find your way to that place in your heart ... that place that allows you to connect with your precious child, to feel him/her with you, to receive the gifts that are yours to connect to with visions of HOPE in healing and living a full life of love and harmony again, one of balance.

So, I'm sending thoughts on the winds today,
to Mothers of everywhere... alive and dead it seems... Mothers whose children are little and big, young and old... happy and sad all today it seems.
Mothers with children and children who left too soon, we are never ready to say good bye whether hours or many many years old....
Precious children should outlive their parents the Elders tell us... I believe that to be true... But I wasn't consulted I have no voice in those decisions... only a compassionate ear to listen and arms to hold the pain...
So today the sun will shine, the restaurants will be filled with laughter some tears will spill, krumpled kleeenex will be seen...
The Elders in spirit land will care for the precious children there on that I feel certain ~ I hope you find comfort in that as well.
So find time to honor, to respect the circle of life; to find ways to listen for the messages here and in the next place; to dance to the rhythm of life's marvelous ways; to natures band if you will.
Perhaps you will even
                                   S T O M P
                       C E L E B R A T E
                                                       P LA Y
IN YOUR DAY

YOU ARE THE LEGACY
                              YOU ARE A SURVIVOR
             YOU ARE WORTH IT

The fire is burning brightly here, its embers are hot. Sending warm wishes, prayers on the wind for HOPE, for strength in healing and for Keeping The Faith today and always:
Chris, almost home warrior! we are with you, Cancer SUCKS
Jilly: Warpaint on, rock on my friend, we are with you.
Cindy in NC, warpaint on, Cancer Sucks, peace to you on the gentle winds friend of Liz
OK, To: Lizzie, Lee, Molly, Faith, Phylis, 6 year old Shelby, her family and friends, Charlie Soap and family, Mary, Laura, Faith, Irene, Jeanne, Joanie, Jude, Matthew, Natalia, Ken, Tom, Joe, Dorothy P., Vicki's Mom and Vicki, Joyce Lassi, Judi M., DB, Denise, Jim, Audrey, Booker, \"Southwest Virginia", "TN"

And the rest: you know who you are!

We are with YOU, our prayers and thoughts are being sent on the winds, on the smoke from the fire to you with HOPE in healing, with strength for the battle ~ When you are weary; rest. We will fight strong. When ready; STAND UP, STOMP, we will be with you always. You are not alone. Visualize us there, right there beside you.

Wherever you are; whatever you are doing: CELEBRATE THIS MOMENT...
"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." ~William D. Tammeus

Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

Tell someone you know about this page today!
Love those comments everyone ~




8 comments:

Unknown said...

My Mother died 12 years ago after a very long, two year fiasco of hospitals, surgeries, treatments and ICU's. A bad end to a good life. Much of who I am and the way I see the world was shaped by her. Thank You Mom. y Mom collected stay kids for many years, thus I grew up in a house teeming with children, unwanted by others. She was a caterer, and so I learned to cook and bake, and still love to. Mom took all of us to the "Old Folks" Home at Blue Plains to sing on Sunday afternoons, a little rag-tag children's choir. She had us make Easter baskets out of egg cartons to deliver to the orphanage. She found a way to provide Thanksgiving baskets for needy families at a time when my DAda earned only one dollar an hour. She made our clothes, she wrapped us in newspaper when the heat went out during those long winter snow storms up north.
There really wasn't anything she wouldn't do for the family, and not too much she woulldn't do for a stranger in need. She always hels down at least one job, loved to whip up a birthday party, or a backyard Luau. Unitl I was a young adult I really didn't know that not every family lived the way we did. Because she was able to do so much for others, and expected us all to be apart of it, I grew up with the knowledge that to serve is the most direct route to the good life. We knew no failure, only great efforts, that resulted in varing degrees of success. I am strong, capable, competent because of her. never once, because of her love did I doubt my value as a human being. To this day, the most honored and precious gift I have known is unconditional love. I know it when I see it, and I know it when I give it. For that , and every other gift and lesson I learned at my Mothers side, I am so grateful. Today, and every day I live, I honor my Mother, Lura Brown.
Thank you for this most special place to share her memory.

Anonymous said...

My Mother is still living. Thank God. She lives far away, and somehow, the flowers and card I sent just feel a little lame. I will call here this afternoon. I am thinking about writing her a letter. A letter while she is still here, thanking her and recalling every little memory I have of what she has done for us. Don't know where to start but I feels like a good thing to do.

IRENE said...

D Y S, blubbering, over here.


Dorothy Brown: wonderful story of your mom.

D Y S, still blubbering......

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers day to all. I am also blubbering with the wonderful tribute from my Dr. SES daughter. The words from Dolly was very special and the wonderful words from my daughter makes my heart sing. I want sing with Dolly as she would run and hide to hear me sing. I hope all of you who still has a Mother will honor her as my daughter just did me, altho she honors me every day with her love and prayers. The stories of those who still have mothers, please honor them today and everyday. Writing the letter whether they are with you or not is a wonderful gift. I have letters and cards from years past and I just have to look at them and laugh or cry for the precious memories. Thank you Dr. Daughter for your love and support to me and many others. You, also are an Eagle when you fly. whole lot

Anonymous said...

Hey doc, thanks as always for this beautiful Other's Day blog. The Youtube listen was very moving.How'd you get Dolly and Bonnie together. You are do bomb. Wish you were my Mother. We are doing a cookout at my Mother-In-Laws. But then she produced my Husband so there is that. Will Celebrate with the gang. Grilling chicken and corn onn the cob. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

Slept in today so the kids could fix me cereal in bed. The milk is mostly in the tray but will lick it up like a puppy if I must, just ot see the kids so happy with their efforts. Now, if I could get them to do their own cereal before school, I'd really be excited. It was precious though. They made cards in school but were too excited to wait unitl today so I got them Friday when they got off the bus. These multi-day holidays are lots of fun. Hope everyone is thinking about their
Mothers, or spending today with them. We are going to a Disney movie this afternoon. It just keeps geting better and better.

Anonymous said...

HELLO everyone.
STOMP...FOR SURE IT IS THE RIGHT THING
TO DO..although the tears are streaming, healthy and HAPPY tears ...so grateful here to have had yhe most wonderful MOM as well,
even more grateful to be a Mom... my daughters
are my world..and though one is on the other,most beautiful side of this LIFE,
each moment we speak in heart,and love
shines through my entire self... my most
recious daughter, here with me, and I have
decided to not BUY IN to the commercial side
of the day..FOR EVERY DAY I BREATHE IS
MOTHER'S DAY FOR US... not a day goes by
that we don't CONNECT
we apreciate each other all of the time
TO DR>SES.... I am a survivor, warrior and
STOMPING to be the best I can today, would be fibbing if I said I was not feeling just
a bit sad... this too shall pass..THANK YOU all for sharing great stories...
hugging my girl as well as the memories...
WADU ! !

Vicki said...

Very nice blog today Sherry!! Well yesterday it is almost 2am..
I had a beautiful Mother's Day with my Mom & Mathew. I am lucky to still have her here with me.... Just wish I still had my Dad...but we visited him at the grave today (after Rusty Bellies)...
Prayers to all those out there who have lost their mother....
Keep up the good work Dr. Showalter!!