Monday, May 24, 2010

How To: BE SPECIFIC on a MOnday MOrning Thoughts!

Yep
Nana Took That Awesome Picture
Love it


Good morning Monday morning!
OK, what if I told you I'm just sitting here feelin' inspired this morning with my fresh squeezed ORANGE JUICE TO START MY DAY???

Wouldn't believe me would ya? LOL
heehe
Ah... you're right, coffee in hand, yummmm
good too! Sunday was picture perfect!
Spent it with dearest friends on Lake Tarpon... the water was awesome... the sun.. awww... Well are you ready for this???
Yipee... my first flip from the bow of the boat... ??? I don't mean to blow my own horn but.... "BEEP BEEP"  but... lost my whole daggone bathing suit!!! eeegad... too funny...
if there was an alligator, it beat it to be sure, and my friends were just to hysterical to even dare look!
LaughinMyButtOff just thinking about it!!!
aka, LMBO ~ suit retrieved from around my ankles, all was great, awesome day ~ ~
Well I was followed by the rest of the crew all doing their most remarkable flips between bouts of hysteria all day, which I did not find particularly funny after the first hour or two... but what the hell, that's what friends are for! I will tell you we were blessed to see the Eagle as she flew, and what a sight to behold and then she landed in the tall tree right there on the lake to watch over us and probably enjoy the music along with our antics of the day... Nothing quite beats the protection of Eagle spirit and a day on Lake Tarpon with beloved and true friends... Nothin I can think of anyway...
I so hope that your Sunday was blessed and not stressed. Loved seeing and reading the comments on yesterday's Oak Tree... and the thoughts there... My heart is full from them. Thank you all ~ ' ~ I hope that you know how I treasure your comments and your being here <3

Ready to start your week?
Stand on a desk maybe?
Shout to the world and say,
YES ~ YES ~ YES TO LIFE ~
Now... speaking of saying YES TO LIFE... remember not so many months ago when I wrote my thoughts about that very subject??? Remember when you got all jacked up and just
"pumped up about it?"
C'mon, dig... remember? SAY YES!!!
WELLLLLL... guess what is on the cover of Oprah this month???
             Go on take a wild guess???
Right there on the cover....
               SAY YES TO LIFE
I swear on my life, I read it myself, almost fell in the floor I did... Right there on Oprahs' magazine... and no where, I mean nowhere was my blog... Go figure!
Now how about that for a "shut up", "wake up", "how do you do"!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnYz0yW0OCA

Now I'm thinking we talk here a whole lot about standing UP...we have talked for months about "SAY YES" "OWN THE DAY", "SAY YES TO YOUR LIFE" "STOMP" ~ and about your choices...
so perhaps we need to talk about needing to be specific... and the need to always "have a heart" hahaha and of course you already know the importance of humor in all things...
Think this will get me on Oprah?

Be Specific my friends!



It's just not good enough to make a vague plan. To dream fuzzy.
     You must be specific.Yes, it takes work! 
Design the outcome with as much detail as you can muster. This is true in every thing we do, every dream we create.

Sometimes we are too vague because we don’t take the time necessary to commit to the outcome we really desire.
The details predict the outcome. Let me try to round out this thought.
If we have a sorta plan, we sorta define it. In doing that we leave a lot of wiggle room. We somehow believe the universe will deal with the details, and deal it does.


Lilly Tomlin once said,
I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific”.

She a hoot, but there is truth to what she says. It is all in the details.
If we really commit to seeing the outcome, we should be specific.
The garden you Plant, with the idea of creating a beautiful space, if not planned carefully, and planted with great thought, may just be a “blooming mess”.
The tall flowers in the front, obscuring the low growing border plants.
The trellis vines may spill all over the ground and smother the delicate stalks that would have thrived if only planted in the right order.
In following this analogy, even the soil must be prepared.
A garden will not bloom fully in depleted, unfertilized soil.


So as we plan for our future, build our dreams, do we really want to leave very much to chance?
 Not I.
I trust the universe to provide me with all the tools I need, all the creativity to develop a sound plan, but I trust most the helping hand at the end of my own arm.
I plan for success. I know that a thousand failed attempts leads to that success.
So I push my vision forward. Putting an appropriate amount of action in driving my plan, but first I carefully define the outcome. I enlist trusted help from others.
There are always a million ways to arrive at the same destination.
 My route may need to be revised accordingly, but the destination is fixed.
 Plan to succeed in all that you do, but plan. You may find that an elaborate imagination is more important than the specific skills or knowledge.
The is a finite amount of knowledge in this world, but there is no limit to our imagination.
That is how inventions come about, how medical research is developed. In the imagination.




Henry Ford once said that if he had asked people what they wanted, they would have said “faster horses”. Do you feel me here?
 Henry imagined the automobile. And so it was. He invented the car.
 Imagine the outcome if he had not strayed from popular opinion, and had focused instead on faster horses

Think BIG.
                 Be GREAT.
Because you can.
 Because you are already a success. You know I always say, see it, believe it, receive it. But see it clearly. Plan for success in everything you do. You cannot fail.



If we see only success, a setback is only a moment in time. It is not the end of the plan, the death of the dream, it is only an opportunity to step back and reevaluate, a chance to see it as an opportunity to fine tune, to try another tactic. Because we know in advance that we will see our plan to fruition. That we cannot fail. We can stumble, we can fall, but we will not lay down and stay down. We will not give up, because we are destined to succeed.


So do not give energy to the nay sayers. Give no credence to those that scoff at your plan because they are comfortable with a lack of success, or are afraid to fly.
Be your own cheerleader.
BE YOUR OWN QUARTERBAck ~ be YOUR OWN BAND ~ 
Believe in you.
Know where you are going, play along the way. Laugh at your own mistakes, but charge forward with your full knowledge and confidence. You will achieve fully what you set out to accomplish. So set the bar high and rise to the occasion.
Be sure to click here... and prepare to be inspired!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPBfNlCHio

Did you find your way back... Ready to fly ~ ~ ~

The fire is burning brightly this morning... the embers are just right and the prayer bowl is surrounded by the smells of sage and sweetgrass as thoughts and prayers are being sent on the winds to all and TO:
Jill, Chris, Vicki, Cindy in NC, Cindy C, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Irene, Kevin, Dr D,
Dr P and family, Charlie and family, Booker, Bernice, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Irene, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Monica, Luci, Brandon, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Sara Cook 2 time Cancer Survivor, Kevin Edward Belevich and his Pops Jack Phelan, Elizabeth,


AND


for



all the children



gone too soon



..



/'\






We are Warriors here ~





~ ~ ~


We are here, we are with you in thoughts, prayer and spirit ... along with some


powerful angels


May you find comfort in knowing you are not alone along the journey... along the path we are with you always...






\Walk In Beauty/


DRSES


author of


Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life


http://www.drsherryeshowalter.com/

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mornin friends, GREAT Blog today. I do believe I can fly! Loved the utube. Thank you for the reminder to be specific. Maybe lazy thinking on my part to not fill in the details. You are right. If we get what we ask for, better pose the question in full detail. Will sharpen up my outcomes beginning NOW. STOMP. Hope you have a wonderful week, lifted on the Eagles wings.

Cindy C said...

What does this /'\ mean?
Don't know if you have been on Lily's page, but some folks are bordering on hysteria there over Lily going on a walk about without Hope. My take is it just precipitates the grief we all have over our own past events.
Thanks for your love & encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Headed out the door to work, wearing my dancing shoes in case I muster up the nerve to dance on the desk. I have a very long and busy week ahead but am laughing as I head out. Would not have wanted this week to start without my daily read. Thanks DR SES

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING !
GREAT BLOG on this awesome early monday.
There is a family of woodstorks who found
it necessary to gather outside of
my window at a very early hour....
Their boisterous conversation reminded me
fondly, of my family's conversations around
the kitchen table..... all yacking at the same time!
It is great to start the week off with a
HEARTY LAUGH... no offense intended DOCWICKEDCOOL....
You are once again on the head of the nail...
We can all fly, given the determination and desire,although crawling out of darkness
may be the start...quite ready to put a
plan in place here.
Fuzzy plans for now, certainly needing the
fine tuning... so for today, I will be
SPECIFIC...
smile, plant the thoughts of a happy day
into my head, do the errands, and take time for
MY SPIRIT.... maybe listen to some more
inspiring music... and multitask, in my brain,
of what I would like my future to hold for me...
maybe watch a great friend on an afternoon of
OPRAH.... yep, that would be wonderful !
Have a great day to all, for sure the
ANGELS ARE AMOUNG US TODAY... playing in the warmth of our love....

liv said...

great blog, "See it, Believe it, Receive it" The awesome power of our mind - rainy Monday here in MD, but keeping in the positive spirit by loving it, as I watch our tomato plant grow and grow and grow. Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

Anonymous said...

Mom, Where in MD? Used to live just outside Washington. Grew up in Tample Hills. Are you in the Chesapeake area or Mont. County? I've never had much success with growing my own tomatos. Wish I could. Any advice?

Irene said...

Good Monday Morning & GREAT blog Doc......
BE very specific, BE VERY AFRAID, n o t
You kicked my head in gear the day at your
book signing in Palm Harbor downtown.....
BE SPECIFIC, just do it, think about it, but
do it.......... thank you and I will go forward
paving my future with the correct order of
planting, soil first, etc, etc.
Wish I could get you on OPRAH before she
leaves for her new journey. I'm working on it
Love to all this Monday and week ahead, FIRM

Anonymous said...

First time here. What a way to start my day. Your words are so uplifting. I've read other uplifting sites, but none compare to yours. I spiritual felt it from your words. Wow. I'm speechless.

Anonymous said...

Welcome new visitor. Dr. SES inspires us to action every day. Hope you return often. We have formed a community here that welcomes those that wish to share, and heal, and be uplifted. I start everyday with the BLog. Gets me going in the right direction. Dr. Showalter is amazing. You can go back and read prvious blogs if you want the full range of topics. I do often just to refresh my mind. Glad you are here with us. May you find comfort, inspiration and hope here.

Angie said...

Good Evening Cuz...sorry I couldn't read earlier but as always your blog was very inspiring and made me think about a few things.

I will make this short and sweet....My saying for the day.....R U READY FOR THIS????

If someone throws skittles at me and yells, "Taste the rainbow!", I'll throw a two liter bottle of coke at them and yell "Open happiness!" :D

I luv ya Cuz and remember....WE GOIN TO DISNEY!!! Woot Woot :}