Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just thinkin...about little HOPE and Lily the Black Bear

My favorite Picture of:
HOPE and Mama Lily
The Most Famous
North American Black Bears in America
Ely MN

Good morning on this Wednesday morning... sure feels like Friday... not much sleep since HOPE went missing... so sad ~
BUT..
HOPE illuminates the darkest of nights and in the darkness of night Dr Rogers and Sue Mansfeld are out looking... See that moon? Almost as bright and full as a moon could be to help them find HOPE!
Coffee hot and good, four-leggeds doing NASCAR around for fourth lap ...

Jan 22 Lily gave us HOPE thanks to Dr Lyn Rogers and Sue Mansfield via live web cam I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this marvelous experience! And how I love the thought that I will forever hear in my heart,
"BEAR... IT'S ME"

ok, CLICK here and get a kleenex... but come on back when you are done...


WE were "captivated" by Lily in her den as she prepared to give birth, well at least many of us were there since then... and we waited, and we watched!
There were many times my very best friend would take a look at the live cam; look at me and shake her head saying,
"WOW! That's great;
sort of like watching pain dry isn't it?"
But then... HOPE came into the world, and the den... and my friend's opinion changed ~ then the phone calls started coming in... and it sounded a bit like this, "Hi, it's meeee... any happenings in the den? Have they named the cub yet? Lily moving? Did you see the baby? Any noises yet?"
LOLS
Of course this was around the same time I was trying to grow my fan page to let folks know about
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life ~
I had about ohhhh, 100 people on my page.
LILY THE NORTH AMERICAN BLACK BEAR had a few thousand if I remember correctly!~?
she now has, let's see...
can you say more than "96,000 people on hers"!!!

I have shared the stories of Lily the Black Bear, of Dr Lyn Rogers, the fans on facebook... the antics and the cries that sounded human from HOPE... I have shared my thoughts of how HOPE brought people together and allowed them to put their troubles aside, allowed them to forget their finances, their worries, their grief...

That was in the beginning... don't get me wrong, many are there and are all about Lily and HOPE and the NABC and each other, genuinely and truly caring about each other, comings and goings, and doings, and selling stuff and oh my ... http://www.bear.org/
But I have watched another side of that page, a darker side that makes one want to be a bear, free from it all.
Sort of like what we often see during times of grief in families... you know after the company leaves?
When the fights erupt over who gets what and who thinks they are entitled to grandma's favorite china, or pencil or crochet work???
OR better yet, who has the most grief measured by who cries the most or who tries to throw themselves over the casket or falls in the grave???
Oh all right, maybe I am exaggerating a wee bit, but for goodness sakes we have all seen what happpens under times of stress, heartaches and grief, and sometimes we have seen just plain out mean spirited people in action once they have a forum for it.

Can you imagine this... someone actually posted on Lily The Black Bears page that they "blamed Lily ... the North American Black Bear" for the cub's disappearance and for the fact that HOPE has gone missing? Implying that Lily is a bad mother??? Some even suggest that they have a "better idea" of how Dr Rogers and Sue should be looking for the little cub... how often we should be updated by them?
OH PLEEZZZEE, give us real people a break.
 (think this may cost me a book or two?)
OK, maybe it's me here... but we are talking about Black Bears living in the forest, doing quite well without the judgment of humans before we were invited guests into their world via live web cam... It is nature... it is the wild, the woods... it is not suburbia, Internet, coffee pots and children with GPS monitoring devices.

OK, it gets worse... while there are remarkable people included in this more than 96,000 registered on the page... there are some who have posted such ugly and cruel things to others (I know of one who I adore and who is a WARRIOR I might just add) who are coping/battling with Cancer that I won't even go into here. Those posts had to be deleted by the administrator but unfortunately were seen by the person already fighting the biggest fight of their life and did not need to have to deal with that nonsense on top of it all.
But things that we on this page have seen written on a couple of occasions but could not imagine such mean spiritedness ~ C'mon now... on a page dedicated to a North American Black Bear!
ARe you kidding me???
So I'm thinkin,
what is wrong with people...
And yesterday morning I get a post saying that President Obama will not be placing a wreath at the Arlington Cemetery on Memorial Day on Sunday... It comes from a reliable source... I was shocked by this, so I posted it to my facebook and asked others to Stand UP and let their voices be heard, I said our President needed to be there, needed to place a
wreath at the Tomb to honor the fallen.
Sooooo ...
The next thing that pops up on facebook is a post from the Obama page... and I comment there about it.
Well wouldn't you just know my mailbox gets three messages in a hot minute from people I don't know and I got a good ass chew for that, telling me to take my post down as it was false and not appreciated ~
alrighty then, I reply to all three asking for information and am given the information that POTUS will be at two events one in Chicago and on in DC including the Lincoln Memorial on MONDAY to place a wreath for
Memorial Day.
I thank these strangers for the information and let them know they could have done it in a more respectful way. I also let others know on Obama's page that I didn't appreciate the righteous stones that were thrown at me on their page, and to not be surprised if one might come back and hit them in the ass for ugly! That got me a "bravo" and apology from a couple of them anyway.
I did take my post down, although I don't think it was false information... my way of thinking is this. Placing a wreath at the Lincoln Memorial on Monday is not the same thing as honoring the fallen on 
Memorial Day at
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
The moral of today's thoughts is simply this...

HOPE is a light that burns brightly in darkness, that lights our inner soul in the brightest light as well. We can talk all we want of how we want and what we want and the joys we say we share...
BUT
It is how we live, how we treat others, how we respond to self and to others when the rubber meets the road that really matters.
Would that we could learn from the four-leggeds' from the winged-ones from the sea life that now struggles in our gulf waters.
I do not care what religion, what political affiliation a person is... makes no never mind to me.
I do believe we should honor and remember and pay tribute to the fallen, to those who are serving and have served our great Nation.
I believe our President should lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier as it has been done in the past.
I believe we should not criticize nor judge, I believe we should all hit our knees before we crawl into our soft beds after our warm soap and bath tonight because of those who have fought and continue to fight for our freedoms to be able to enjoy this.
AND
I do not think we should take that for granted.

Would that we would have a voice recorder, a mirror at hand always...
A self regulator if you will; to allow us the opportunity to see us as others are exposed to us from out of the blue as we enter their day, their moment in time.
In a moment
It only takes a moment
STOMP
Someone I do not know tells me to "shut up" ~
Someone I do not know tells me to
"Stomp" somewhere else they are in pain because
 HOPE is missing in Ely MN ~
Are you kidding me here?
It only takes a moment
To gather
To let your voices be heard
To know that hearts connected like Lily and HOPE
will not be disturbed
nor judged
NOR will those with pure intention
S T O M P
HOPE ILLUMINATES DARKNESS
HOPE lives within all of us and others
HOPE is out there; maybe up a tree just waiting to be found; maybe deep within you waiting to be called to action; maybe just maybe waiting to explode like fireworks on a spectacular fourth of July.
HOPE, BELIEVE, LOVE, LAUGH

The fire is burning, its embers are hot... the prayer bowl is surrounded by the smells of sage and sweetgrass as thoughts and prayers are being sent on the winds to all Sending thoughts on the wind and HOPE in healing ways to those who have asked, those who are struggling along the path, those who are Warriors:
For:
Lily The Black Bear and Baby HOPE,
Dr Lyn Rogers, Sue Mansfield, Nita, and TO: the NABC,
Jill, Chris, Vicki, Cindy in NC, Cindy C, Laura, Mitch and family, Liz, Lee, Molly, Joanie, Jude, COFA,Judi, Matthew, Matt, Mark's family and many friends , Andrea, Jimmy, Marie and family up in New England, Pat, Dorothy, Angela, Elijah, Ode, Linda M, "Southwest VA", Irene, Kevin, Dr D, the 96k plus fans of Lily the Black bear on Facebook who are grieving what ever may have happened to our beloved little cub and the many and varied other losses in their lives...


Dr P and family, Charlie and family, Booker, Bernice, Jean, Julie, Rhonda, Victoria, Mildred, Andi and family, Irene, Faith, Denise, Jim, Tom, Joey, Shelby friends and family, Judi, Phylis, Monica, Luci, Brandon, Joyce, Gina, Tonya, Beverly and Family, Janeth, Melissa, Pam, Virginia, Stacey, Sara Cook 2 time Cancer Survivor, Kevin Edward Belevich and his Pops Jack Phelan, Elizabeth,
AND
for all the children
gone too soon
We are Warriors here ~
~ ~ ~
We are here, we are with you in thoughts, prayer and spirit ... along with some powerful angels





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7-n5aOAAMs

May you find comfort in knowing you are not alone along the journey... along the path we are with you always...
 
"When someone becomes to hard to love you have two choices you either stop loving them or you love them a whole lot more" (anonymous)
Walk In Beauty,
DRSES
author of:
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life

Tell someone about this page, scroll up and click "like" to join the facebook page... (doubt I'll catch Lily though)!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, if we don't raise our voices in support of our beliefs, how can we impact change in a world gone crazy. Thanks for the Lilly and Hope updates. I hope the baby cub survives. It has been amazing to see so many people become so passionate in their following of this event. No doubt people can be ugly. Some people make a science of it. Pity them. I dismiss them out of hand. Life is to short to waste much time on small minded mean spirited people. There ought to be a delete button for everything. Probably why the internets' social communication is so popular. Gotta love the delete key. Hump DAy folks. STOMP ON.

Anonymous said...

Wild, womderful Angel surround us all. Great utube doc. We are never alone. Many angels here on this page. Wild or timid, each special. Thanks always for the support and for keepin it real everyday. Good luck to the bears and the amazing researchers in Ely. To whoever told our doc to "shut up" be careful, we are one powerful group here and you are treading on sacred ground. You know not what you do. STOMP STOMP STOMP

Irene said...

Morning all.............
I hope the little one HOPE is okay, safe and
finds her way where ever she is headed.
Tread lightly, readers / commenters.
This page is blessed with prayers, good intentions, great information and is a life-line for some of us......... so watch it.
Gotta go, watch the darn news. My gulf is in
real peril, my gulf of 40+ years enjoyment.
What the heck is happening to the world ?
NEVER MIND.......... enjoy hump day IRM

liv said...

yikes, so much going on - Hope is fine ( I,m Sure) She's a BEAR, she will figure it out as we all do. Politics seems to bring out the ugly in people- here is the thing ; don't let others comments bother us -especially if they are strangers- they have no impact on our life. My dad had a great saying:he only gave people 1 minute of his time, or thoughts when something said or done to him "pissed" him off. Thats really all they deserve, then move on. This was when he was 84, trust me, in his younger days , he stayed angry alot longer ( a waste of time if u ask me) so I take his words to heart, life is REALLY short, and it makes no sense to give your time, energy or thoughts being mad or feeling sad when it comes to those who are not deserving of us.

Anonymous said...

afternoon, missed the morning today,
as I was sleeping like a BEAR ...
thinking of Hope and her Mom, how mother nature
knows all and is surely guiding HOPE
down the right paths to soon be reunited...
I agree that LIFE IS TOO SHORT
to allow any fool full of negative energy
to invade my space, or dictate my thoughts,
We Will Always Stand UNITED here, in good or
BAD times...POWERFUL ANGELS PROTECT US !
anyone thinking they can be disrespectful HERE
will surely learn the opposite...STOMP...STOMP..
STOMP... WE DO NOT FALL DOWN IN THE FACE OF
RUDE AND CRUDE REMARKS..... this will only make
us sronger and more vocal...I agree that Mr. Pres...needs to take a lesson in RESPECT and
Dignity.... HAVE A GREAT DAY TO ALL THE PEOPLE...
even the small minded with the big EGOS...
just go have your great day SOMEWHERE ELSE !

chris said...

Happy Wednesday to all...HOPE that little Hope is OK...as to all of you who feel they must put someone down if they don't agree with you--go suck an egg. I have no patience for you.
To my friends, sorry about this, I just feel the need to respond to the stupid ones.
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hope just located in a Cedar tree! Yipee. Long hard day at work... So glad to be home. No place like home. I am so excited about the news from Ely. Everyone have a great evening. We are all of one mind when it comes to negative energy. Won't have it, won't pay attention to it. We are busy making life all is can be. Enjoyed every comment as always, and loved the blog doc.