Friday, May 7, 2010

Some MOrnings You Just POnder ~


Meet "CJ"
With
HIS AWESOME
MOHAWK

Good morning world! Coffee sure is especially great today ~ Poured two cups again this morning. Yeppers, if you don't show up soon, guess I won't have to get up for my second cup!
Waitin to outshine the sun, so far I am doing a spectacular job... oh yea, still dark :) oh well, at least give me props for honesty~
"Either you reach a higher point today, or you exercise your strength in order to be able to climb higher tomorrow." (Fredrich Nietzsche)
s t o m p
S   T   O    M    P

Here we are ~
My dear friend Eileen Dohmann took me to
one of my most favorite restaurants while I was in DC... Ruth Chris in Crystal City... an old favorite of mine to be certain. You can sit there and gaze at the entire city, see the planes taking off and landing from parts unknown while seeing all the lights, the Capital, the Washington Monument... It is breathtaking, and the food ~ ahhhhhh ~

We walked in and sauntered with our "swagga" on to the bar and that ole' familiar view of DC, and it happened...
I saw "CJ"! He was sitting there and was busy with a game at the table, just sitting with his parents.
That Mohawk just struck me ~
I knew right then I had to take his picture!
A quick glance at Eileen and I could tell she knew what I was thinkin', she laughed at me when I said, "I'll be right back"...

So, off to their table I went...
"Hi there, I'm the author of Healing Heartaches, and I just have to tell ya young man, that is a fierce Mohawk you have there!"
CJ looked up at me with a grin and a bit of amusement, and I then introduced myself to his parents; lovely they were. I asked CJ if I could take his picture and he grinned and said, "sure".
No biggie for CJ; he was after all busy with "the game" he had been playing!
CJ's dad told me that CJ has sported that particular Mohawk now for four years! Going in to see the barber every two weeks for the appropriate trim to keep it "tight" and looking as the kids say "fly"... who am I kidding; after all I looked rather "fly" in my fedora I might add

I gave them my card, and Mom wanted to know if CJ and family got a copy of Healing Heartaches! I told her for 19.95 they could get it autographed! LOL
She wanted one right then, and I had to tell her I didn't have one with me ~ So sad... we had a good laugh over that.; her telling me I should not go anywhere without books! Noted!~!

So on to dinner which was fabulous, the waiter out of this world... the food more than one could hope added to the view and then topped with the company... Who could ask for more?/?
Those who have read Healing Heartaches know of my dear friend Eileen so I will just suffice it to say she is wonderful and her company always leaves me wishing we had more time.

So today I send thoughts to CJ, I hope he has a wonderful life... The waiter told us he and family are regulars at Ruth's!
Sweet life for a kid I'm thinkin'. Maybe our paths will someday cross there again, I'll recognize that Mohawk you can be certain.
As we talked more to the waiter, come to find out another old friend had been there just the night before; a dear old friend named Steve.
What a small world; to think here we sit in a restaurant start talkin to a waiter about taking a little guys photo with a Mohawk... the conversation turns to now living in FL and the old days of coming to Ruth's with Eileen another old friend....
mentioning Steve only to find out that he was just there the night before where he entertained a party of 199 ~ ~ ~
WOW

Ponder did I say?
Wonder what CJ was thinkin' about while
I took that picture?
Wonder how CJ got that scar?
Wonder what Steve was doing with all those friends at Ruth's?
Wonder why we didn't show up a night earlier?
Wonder what got me to thinking about this?
Wonder if CJ is looking to see if his picture makes it on this blogspot? LOL
Just a good morning to ponder I guess?
What is ponder anyway;I wonder?
1. reflect deeply. muse. speculate.

Ponder what will you be up to today???
*
"The secret to humor is surprise" (Aristotle)
And just as the evening at Ruth Chris was filled with delight, great conversation and surprises... it was filled with love and the sounds of laughter along with
spectacular views of the city...
And
I still can't get over that young fellow and his lovely family along with
that bombdiggedity Mohawk ~

Today... it's going to be a hot one here and much to do!
So as for me and my tribe we are busy here, so I must move through the pondering and on with the prayers and gentle thoughts to those wherever they might be...
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" Dr Seuss
But first ~

Find yourself a minute or 10 in your day today;
 ~ REFLECT, muse, speculate ~
b r e a t h e
B  R   E   A   T   H   E
B     R     E     A     T     H     E

and be grateful
for this day
for the gifts
you have received
that you will give
to others today
with
your
c o m p a s s i o n

B      R      E      A      T      H      E

and say
thank you
for
THIS DAY
,.,.,.,
*
The fire is burning! The embers are hot~
Thoughts and prayers are being sent on the wind ~ You know who you are ~
Chris, Jill, Cindy, Laura, Liz, Lee, Molly, 6 year old Shelby, family and friends,
"Southwest Virginia"
Joanie, Jude, Matthew, Faith, Dorothy P, Phyllis, Irene, Andrea, Joyce L, Rene,Laura, Charlie Soap and family
Booker, Mary, Tom, Gayle,

We are with you all, and those whose names are not here, you know who you are... I have my warpaint on, standing strong beside you ~ as are others ~
You are in the arms of the angels and those here, may it bring you comfort to know, you are never alone...
When you are weary; we are here
When you are tired, rest... we will fight for you
When you are rested, stand STOMP
We are here
We are here
S T O M P

Walk IN Beauty,
DRSES

author of
Healing Heartaches, Stories of Loss and Life





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Nornim Fridday, and Good Mornin Dr SRS.
I get up extra early just to start my day with your Blog. Great place to be while it is dark and quiet and the day has just begun. A friend of mine's Mom is terminally ill and she is strggling with anticipatory grief. I suggested this blogspot to her, hoping that she might find here some insights, some comfort and support. Welcome Andi, you are in a good safe, supportive place with awesome people. This weekend is tough for those still healing from the loss of their Mother's, and I imagine even tougher when you are facing what you know wil be the last Mother's Day with your own Mom.
Prayers go out to Andi to celebrate these special moments she has now. Make some lasting memories. Appreciate this time you have.
To everyone else, CELEBRATE your om or your Mom's memory with your whole heart.

Anonymous said...

Dr. SES, great haircut for the little one enjoying Ruth Cris, I have never been but have heard what a great place it is. You dare go out without a book, hope that someone uses their book mark to get in touch with you. I would hate for them to miss the book we all need and read over and over. Me, I bought a couple of them and always, always have one with me just in case. Have a great weekend.

Irene said...

Ponder this day, Friday, another week gone.
Welcome to Andi, if you are reading, welcome!
I enjoyed the story about CJ, his hair, his family, the food, your time, your friend, the sights of DC. Sherry, you do have such a way to paint my morning picture, set the tone for the day, give me something to PONDER, STOMP
about. When I least expect it, your words surface in the 24 hrs and I HAVE to remember to BREATHE. Thanks for the mention of Irene
in your daily list of names. It makes me realize and not feel so ALONE in this world.
My mother is with me, from above, from within
F I R M

chris said...

Happy Friday to all..Sherry, loved the blog for the past few days. Have been unable to post any comments for a while but have read all of them. Needless to say it has helped me keep my warpaint on! Irene, you are never alone in this world-you have a great bunch of people that care about you including me. To all my freinds-I am this close to coming home-and there will be some major stomping going on in Fla when I do!! The ground will be shaking for sure..."See ya soon" and Have a GREAT weekend.

Unknown said...

missed yesterdays blog, caught up this a.m - what a great pic of u on yesterdays blog. YOU WERE BUSY IN D.C -THATS FOR SURE. they say there are no "accidents" in life - I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN THAT. I know that each and every interaction u had while in D.C, was meant for a reason...Ponder that :) Happy Friday !

Vicki said...

Loved the blog! Loved the picture and You Sherry! I have recommended this site to two people (im my building) I may say, that have just both lost loved ones...Gave out the bookmarks too! I am working for you~ right here in Tarpon Springs!
Hope all have a great day today! I had a bout of what I believe is E-coli...have been so sick and I'm not at work...I hope to be back & at em soon..

Anonymous said...

Could we have asked for a better day? gREAT BUSY Friday. STOMING all day. I think of STOMP as a physical exclamation mark. I mean business. I feel this moment and it is powerful. This is a good life. Love to read the comments and wouldn't miss this blog for anything. Chris holdin my breath for the announcement about your return home. Irene, alone? no AS LONG AS YOU ARE A PART OF US. Remember that always. We are friends, each others cheering squad, and a little family of choice. STOMP ON.Whatever your weekend holds, revel in it. Milk it dry. Make some memories.

Anonymous said...

Good evening,
I'm certainly am quite behind my
schedule these past couple of days
Just to let you know, reading this
blog is just a great way to end a busy
day...Thoughts are passing furiously
in my head ....as well as in my heart...
for all of those who need a boost
Wish you all better days ahead...
as for me... I have pondered and would like
to share....

WHEN we meet again,
on the other side of this
life... there will be hugs and
HAPPY TEARS... we will embrace a smile
a MILE WIDE, we will pick up like it was
just YESTERDAY , as if not a moment has passed
BETWEEN...
our laughter will resound across the span
OF TIME... we will be together, as one,
like the days of yesterday
we will dance in joy
of ALL THAT ONCE WAS,
we will remain together for all
ETERNITY.....

in loving rememberance of my Mom
in promise of life together
Jaren, you too !
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY